0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You mean like this??

View attachment 56134

Yes, it works awesome.. everything still looks new at the Honda filter.
Yeah! Thanks! And I know that my intake tube is air tight all the way to the opening under the hood because I can kill the engine by choking it at my under hood snorkel. I think I may replace my prefilter with a K&N. Another upside is that not only do I never have to go through the hassle of accessing the factory filter, but I'll save money over the years because these are washable and reusable.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
J

JTW

Yeah! Thanks! And I know that my intake tube is air tight all the way to the opening under the hood because I can kill the engine by choking it at my under hood snorkel. I think I may replace my prefilter with a K&N. Another upside is that not only do I never have to go through the hassle of accessing the factory filter, but I'll save money over the years because these are washable and reusable.
Yes.. make sure you buy a washable filter if you have it set up like mine. I don’t use oil on it and it’s done just fine

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the good thing about it is the fact that your air filter was dirty enough to need changing, so it wasn't for nothing! I bet you would've been REALLY teed off if, after all that, your filter would've looked almost like new! I wonder if installing something like a K&N cold air intake filter on the end of a snorkel would keep your primary filter clean enough to never change or even look at it?

View attachment 56133
I haven't checked my air filter since installing, but curious to see if my prefilter helped at all.
FB IMG 1505490401552

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Easy killer! I had use long 1/4" socket extension and Allen tip for
My first removel. Now I just use the tee handle and Allen tip. You still going to mulberry this month??

Reactions: sharp
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Easy killer! I had use long 1/4" socket extension and Allen tip for
My first removel. Now I just use the tee handle and Allen tip. You still going to mulberry this month??

Yep. Next Thursday night I will be pulling in out there. When are you coming in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s an arklahoma trail junkies ride. Not a Honda ride, but there will be a few Honda’s there. I know @my99svt is coming also.

May have to ruin the party! HA!

Reactions: sharp and nbomar
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Mine did not have the rubber gaskets installed. It came with new ones though. Did you install these Nick?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did not have the rubber gaskets installed. It came with new ones though. Did you install these Nick?

I didn’t think mine did either. I used a pick and they were down in those grooves. I didn’t put the new ones on. The old ones looked fine and I re-used

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you did a snorkel that goes straight through the hood with no pre filter you will defiantly need to check the main filter often. I did the snorkel that goes through the hood and trimmed the original pre filter into a circle that fits snug into the aluinum pipe but not too snug just barely snug. Then I drilled 4 holes in the aluinum pipe and ran metal wire about the consiststy of a thick coat hanger wire through it and bent them down. After I bent them down I was able to slide the plastic snorkel head over the wire and screw it into place so it won't be seen. The the factory pre filter that I trimmed will rest on the wire so it will not get sucked down the pipe.

Reactions: nbomar and JTW
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you did a snorkel that goes straight through the hood with no pre filter you will defiantly need to check the main filter often. I did the snorkel that goes through the hood and trimmed the original pre filter into a circle that fits snug into the aluinum pipe but not too snug just barely snug. Then I drilled 4 holes in the aluinum pipe and ran metal wire about the consiststy of a thick coat hanger wire through it and bent them down. After I bent them down I was able to slide the plastic snorkel head over the wire and screw it into place so it won't be seen. The the factory pre filter that I trimmed will rest on the wire so it will not get sucked down the pipe.

Mine has the filter head you refer to. Can’t believe how clean my filter was for being 2 years old and 1600 miles.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine has the filter head you refer to. Can’t believe how clean my filter was for being 2 years old and 1600 miles.

I checked my main filter a while back and it was a task to get to it. It was just fine as well. Just like many of y'all I have gotten to know my machine and the weird sounds it makes. If it ever starts to sound different or act different then I will check the filter again, lazy I guess. I will just treat the pioneer like the honda foreman and not worry about it. Lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!