Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Thank you!

These work great for smoothing plastic edges.

(I’ve tried a lot of things)

952BD157 D8DC 4ACD A769 CFA98007B55D

Reactions: BWAF
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X

These work great for smoothing plastic edges.

(I’ve tried a lot of things)

View attachment 196366

Seriously! I use that all the time in metal. Never crossed my mind to use it in plastic. Thanks for the tip.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have plans for talon some day don't be surprised if I pick your brain !!
Glad to help however I can.
That may, or may not, be a really bad idea $$$, REALLY, REALLY BAD. $$$$ :eek: 😭 ;)

Sheetmetalfab - thanks for the deburring tool idea and link, I'm tired of using whatever is lying around. Just following this thread costs money. :oops:

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
That may, or may not, be a really bad idea $$$, REALLY, REALLY BAD. $$$$ :eek: 😭 ;)

Sheetmetalfab - thanks for the deburring tool idea and link, I'm tired of using whatever is lying around. Just following this thread costs money. :oops:

I'm typically a bad influence, especially on the bank account. lol...

• Haha
Reactions: CID and BWAF
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
In my seemingly never ending quest to find something cooler, I decided to go on the hunt for a shifter knob. Found this little gem on Ebay. Dead on match to the Dragonfire D wheel. 5 minute install. Puled the stock knob off. Cut the flat off, installed the proper adapter, slid the new knob on and snugged the set screws. Turned out pretty cool I think.

Link to the shifter knob on Ebay

IMG 2360 2
IMG 2361 2

IMG 2362 2
IMG 2363 2
IMG 2364 2

J

Jmekeel

Apr 26, 2020
New York
Ownership

1. Talon X
Don't know how much build there will really be but wanted to document the mods as I go. I'm new to SXS's in general so it'll be a learning experience for sure. I'm not new to fab work or customization. Been in the collision industry for 40 years. Have a pretty well equipped home shop for tinkering.

I told the story in the intro thread but guess it's worth telling here as well. I have a restomod '85 FL350R that I just finished. I decided that I'd take it to a local off road show last week on 9/11/19. The promoters of the show have been selling raffle tickets for a '19 Polaris Ranger XP1000 all year. This was the final show. The raffle was a benefit for the Sheep Dog Impact Assistance group. A very worthy cause indeed so I figured I'd donate $20 for 5 tickets. I ended up winning the Ranger. lol...

The next day I paid the sales tax and promptly took it to my local Honda dealer and traded it in on a red X. my gosh I love the thing! The dealer had already installed color matched 14" Raceline Krank beadlocks and 32x10 Roxxzilla's. I also loved the wheel and tire combo. The dealer has a local shop build tail gates, extenders etc... for them and it also had one of their tail gates.

Current mod list:

Raceline Krank 14" wheels
Roxxzilla 32x10's
Custom tail gate
Hondaline center console bag
Simpson D3 5 point padded harnesses
Seat belt bypass
Seizmik Strike side mirrors with red inserts
Seizmik center rear view mirror with red inserts
Mud-Busters standard R fender extensions
Mud-Busters rear mud guards
Ebay firewall cover
American flag decals for the Honda emblems and 1000X decals
Front fascia and front bumper color match
Hondaline half windshield
CA shifter gate
Airain roll bar fire extinguisher quick mount
First Alert extinguisher
Bandit UTV tender springs
JC Racing nitrogen caps
HillBilly brake
SATV lower doors
Tusk seat heaters
LED halos, chase light, mini whips, chase bar, interior light by wagzledz
XTC keyed accessory harness
hondasxs.com 3rd brake light harness
PBR center dash switch panel
SATV Black Ops 5000lb. winch
Auxiliary battery on CAtech juice box battery tray
HMF HD front bumper with EXO bars
Nilight 4 row 4" LED pods on HMF bumper
SATV rear bumper and hitch
Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Avenza and GAIA map apps
iBolt tablet mount
TSC 32" storage box

Future plans:

Custom cage by MD Offroad
Custom window nets
Complete body color change
Custom graphics

As I picked it up...

The forum apparently doesn't like BB code so all the photos are thumb nails. Just click the pic for the full size pic.

View attachment 156027

View attachment 156028

View attachment 156029

One of my all time favorite pics. My FL350R and the new Talon...

View attachment 156030

I must admit that the wheel and tire combo really drew me to this X. I realize I'm in the major minority but I do not care for black wheels at all.

View attachment 156031
TerryH
why did you go with the bandit tender springs and not the shock therapy kit? I need to do something with my suspension soon.
Thanks

advertisement
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
TerryH
why did you go with the bandit tender springs and not the shock therapy kit? I need to do something with my suspension soon.
Thanks

I didn't want to spend the money that Shock Therapy was going to cost. There have been some pretty mixed reviews on the Facebook groups about their setups for the Talons. Their stuff seems to be more desert than trail. I talked to Ted at Bandit and he seemed very knowledgeable and his tenders were more the price point that I wanted. I've never regretted the choice. Bandit now has a complete spring kit and I've ordered that so I'll be changing over to the full kit soon.

Reactions: TripleB and 906UP
J

Jmekeel

Apr 26, 2020
New York
Ownership

1. Talon X
I didn't want to spend the money that Shock Therapy was going to cost. There have been some pretty mixed reviews on the Facebook groups about their setups for the Talons. Their stuff seems to be more desert than trail. I talked to Ted at Bandit and he seemed very knowledgeable and his tenders were more the price point that I wanted. I've never regretted the choice. Bandit now has a complete spring kit and I've ordered that so I'll be changing over to the full kit soon.
Thanks for the info

Reactions: TerryH and 906UP
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Goodies on the big brown truck today. The new Bandit UTV Suspension full spring kit for the X. As good as their tenders are I'm excited to see what the full spring kit is like. These re progressive tenders and different rate and length mains. We're doing a bit of testing for Bandit on spring rates. They are developing a set for those of us that are determined to pile weight on these poor buggies with storage boxes, custom cages, auxiliary batteries and such. lol... This is the first of their "heavy" spring kits.

IMG 2428 2

Reactions: CID and 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
Goodies on the big brown truck today. The new Bandit UTV Suspension full spring kit for the X. As good as their tenders are I'm excited to see what the full spring kit is like. These re progressive tenders and different rate and length mains. We're doing a bit of testing for Bandit on spring rates. They are developing a set for those of us that are determined to pile weight on these poor buggies with storage boxes, custom cages, auxiliary batteries and such. lol... This is the first of their "heavy" spring kits.

View attachment 202203
Curious to hear your opinion on these, I got on their site to order them yesterday but they're out of stock.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Curious to hear your opinion on these, I got on their site to order them yesterday but they're out of stock.

Definitely a whole different train of thought. Longer mains. Shorter tenders. The tenders are progressive. This exact set is not available just yet. I'm doing some spring rate testing for Bandit. A setup specific for buggies with more weight like custom cages, lots of stuff in the storage box, aux battery etc... like mine. We'll see how it goes. The one's he's selling now are the "medium" setup. This will be their "heavy" setup. Here's the original front mains and Bandit tenders vs the new ones. Beginning with 2.5" less preload on the front. Good bit more spring length overall. Doing the rears tomorrow night.

IMG 2432

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Definitely a whole different train of thought. Longer mains. Shorter tenders. The tenders are progressive. This exact set is not available just yet. I'm doing some spring rate testing for Bandit. A setup specific for buggies with more weight like custom cages, lots of stuff in the storage box, aux battery etc... like mine. We'll see how it goes. The one's he's selling now are the "medium" setup. This will be their "heavy" setup. Here's the original front mains and Bandit tenders vs the new ones. Beginning with 2.5" less preload on the front. Good bit more spring length overall. Doing the rears tomorrow night.

View attachment 202212
Coil bind? Looks possible?

J

Jmekeel

Apr 26, 2020
New York
Ownership

1. Talon X
Did you install and test them this weekend? Just waiting on an update.
Thanks

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3

3. Talon X
This weekend I noticed my stock rear tender springs are completely sacked out with no weight in the bed. Impatiently for Bandit to get more kits in stock....lol

Reactions: TerryH
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Did you install and test them this weekend? Just waiting on an update.
Thanks

I did. No chance to take it to the trails but liking what I see so far from running around my property and neighborhood.

advertisement