CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

Talon R
Definitely not.
Because properly adjusted crossover rings will prevent it? New to SxS Talon R owner asking and assuming the X uses crossover rings too. You may have already answered this for me but … I'm just a guy - 🤔

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

Talon X
Because properly adjusted crossover rings will prevent it? New to SxS Talon R owner asking and assuming the X uses crossover rings too. You may have already answered this for me but … I'm just a guy - 🤔
The X does not have crossovers from the factory. Bandit goes about this in a little different way than some of the others. They look at the combination of the tender and the main instead of using the tender and then transferring to the main. The tenders are progressive so there will be transfer to the main before any sort of coil bind would occur. That's why the Bandit tenders are typically much shorter than the other aftermarket suppliers. They don't use crossovers on any of their springs.

I am certainly not the shock/spring guy. Most of what know is from bugging the Bandit guys to death asking questions.

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1000-5

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

Talon X
You need adjustments big time! Have you rolled it around and set the sag? Do you see how far the top of the tire is pointed out, needs to be the other way around?
Unfortunately I took those pictures right after changing the rods. I also changed springs on the same day. I have ride height set at exactly where it was before the changes now. The rods are set to exactly the factory specs. I did a red neck camber check on it before and after with my level and it is the same now as it was before the spring and radius rod changes. Once I know that the new spring rates are good for the Bandit springs I'll have my buddy at the alignment shop do a real alignment on it since we can adjust the rear now if needed.

Last edited:

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1000-5
Unfortunately I took those pictures right after changing the rods. I also changed springs on the same day. I have ride height set at exactly where it was before the changes now. The rods are set to exactly the factory specs. I did a red neck camber check on it before and after with my level and it is the same now as it was before the spring and radius rod changes. Once I know that the new spring rates are good for the Bandit springs I'll have my buddy at the alignment shop do a real alignment on it since we can adjust the rear now if needed.
Could be just the way it looked in the picture?

Reactions: TerryH and CID
box4

906UP

NTC Northern District Manager
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

Talon X
Got the Bandit springs installed, intial impressions are a big improvement, need to dial in the ride height for my liking

Reactions: TripleB and TerryH
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!