Talon TerryH's 1000 X build.....

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
This weekend I noticed my stock rear tender springs are completely sacked out with no weight in the bed. Impatiently for Bandit to get more kits in stock....lol

They should have stock in a couple of weeks.

Reactions: 906UP
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Definitely not.
Because properly adjusted crossover rings will prevent it? New to SxS Talon R owner asking and assuming the X uses crossover rings too. You may have already answered this for me but … I'm just a guy - 🤔

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Because properly adjusted crossover rings will prevent it? New to SxS Talon R owner asking and assuming the X uses crossover rings too. You may have already answered this for me but … I'm just a guy - 🤔

The X does not have crossovers from the factory. Bandit goes about this in a little different way than some of the others. They look at the combination of the tender and the main instead of using the tender and then transferring to the main. The tenders are progressive so there will be transfer to the main before any sort of coil bind would occur. That's why the Bandit tenders are typically much shorter than the other aftermarket suppliers. They don't use crossovers on any of their springs.

I am certainly not the shock/spring guy. Most of what know is from bugging the Bandit guys to death asking questions.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Testing out some high clearance radius rods made by Jeff Davis. Pretty cool pieces. Definitely way more heavy duty that the stock ones.

IMG 2473 2
IMG 2478
IMG 2480
IMG 2481
IMG 2482
IMG 2485

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Also got the Bandit full 8 piece spring set installed. Hope to get it in the woods this weekend to see how it does!

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB and CID
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
You need adjustments big time! Have you rolled it around and set the sag? Do you see how far the top of the tire is pointed out, needs to be the other way around?

Unfortunately I took those pictures right after changing the rods. I also changed springs on the same day. I have ride height set at exactly where it was before the changes now. The rods are set to exactly the factory specs. I did a red neck camber check on it before and after with my level and it is the same now as it was before the spring and radius rod changes. Once I know that the new spring rates are good for the Bandit springs I'll have my buddy at the alignment shop do a real alignment on it since we can adjust the rear now if needed.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Unfortunately I took those pictures right after changing the rods. I also changed springs on the same day. I have ride height set at exactly where it was before the changes now. The rods are set to exactly the factory specs. I did a red neck camber check on it before and after with my level and it is the same now as it was before the spring and radius rod changes. Once I know that the new spring rates are good for the Bandit springs I'll have my buddy at the alignment shop do a real alignment on it since we can adjust the rear now if needed.
Could be just the way it looked in the picture?

Reactions: TerryH and CID
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Got the Bandit springs installed, intial impressions are a big improvement, need to dial in the ride height for my liking

Reactions: TripleB and TerryH
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Spring set is an ongoing experiment. Much sportier feel at higher speeds but not plush enough on the slow rough stuff for my liking. No real surprise. More springs inbound. I'm certainly not the shock/spring guy but it is interesting to me so see hove repetitively small rate and length changes have a substantial effect on the ride and handling.

On another note, since it's hot now and my wife has a desire to make sure that everyone on the planet has drinks and something home made to eat, I'm adding a 52 quart cooler. I have no plate for such and retain the TSC box. Decided to try a hitch mount carrier. Picked up the Harbor Freight one for $40 with their coupon so not much investment if it doesn't work. Seems like a decent piece but it's way bigger than the new Ozark Trail cooler.

The HMF bumper has the hitch mounted pretty high so have 28" of ground clearance on the rack. Thinking that will be ok for the places we ride but time will tell. I'm going to remove the handles and use those slots for cam lock straps to secure the cooler.

IMG 2628
IMG 2643
IMG 2642

Decided to do a little surgery on the rack so cut it down to fit the cooler better. Welded the hitch mount portion together to eliminate some movement in the bolt only connection. Liking the looks of this much better. Off to the bed liner shop tomorrow to get it lined. Testing it out this weekend.

IMG 2683
IMG 2675
IMG 2680

Used the added space on the TSC box to add a Craftsman cordless chain saw. Seems like a pretty decent little saw.

IMG 2639

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
I can't see where you will ever have any problem with your rear rack setup as clean as your machine is, you apparently don't ride off road.
Just kidding, looks good...DRK

Reactions: TerryH
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I've thought that Harbor Freight carrier would be useful if I ever decided to carry camp equipment (or anything extra that doesn't fit in my trunk) to do overnight trips in my Talon. I like the rise it has vs the typical straight cargo carrier, that should help to keeping it from bottoming out in most situations. It looks like you're already using a hitch tightener, good idea.

Reactions: TerryH
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I can't see where you will ever have any problem with your rear rack setup as clean as your machine is, you apparently don't ride off road.
Just kidding, looks good...DRK

Thanks. We really do get it dirty including having it wedged between 2 trees last weekend. Tore up the factory skid plate, barked 2 wheels and a nerf bar. It's not a parking lot princess but I still like it to be clean. ;)
IMG 2541

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've thought that Harbor Freight carrier would be useful if I ever decided to carry camp equipment (or anything extra that doesn't fit in my trunk) to do overnight trips in my Talon. I like the rise it has vs the typical straight cargo carrier, that should help to keeping it from bottoming out in most situations. It looks like you're already using a hitch tightener, good idea.

At first I thought the hitch placement in the HMF bumper was kinda odd. Now I'm glad it's high on the bumper instead at the radius rod bolts. Hopefully the rack will be fine with the 28" of clearance. I can't stand anything in the hitch to flop around and rattle. The hitch tightener is a must for me.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I went for a ride today and except for the rain, everything was going pretty good until I rounded a corner and saw this sign. HOLY CRAP, musta missed a turn - we're not in Colorado anymore Toto. :oops:

I 9fd7qnv L

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I went for a ride today and except for the rain, everything was going pretty good until I rounded a corner and saw this sign. HOLY CRAP, musta missed a turn - we're not in Colorado anymore Toto. :oops:

View attachment 205137

Looks muddy, how's the RokBlokz working out for ya?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!