Talon TerryH's 1000 X build.....

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
How's Mom? Let me know when things ease up.

Still have to care for her every need 24/7. She can't eat anything solid so it's a bit of a challenge. She's pretty heavily medicated because of the pain so sleeping quite a bit. Thankful for a wife that is a true angel. I'd be in serious trouble without her every day not just in this deal.

• Sad
Reactions: CID
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Still have to care for her every need 24/7. She can't eat anything solid so it's a bit of a challenge. She's pretty heavily medicated because of the pain so sleeping quite a bit. Thankful for a wife that is a true angel. I'd be in serious trouble without her every day not just in this deal.
Wife, Angles are a true blessing! Your Mom break her hip? I can't remember?

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Wife, Angles are a true blessing! Your Mom break her hip? I can't remember?

She face planted on ceramic tile. Didn't break anything but is battered. Her poor face looks like she's been 12 rounds with Mike Tyson. Can only eat thru a straw. Someone has to be with her 24/7 and frankly, there is no one but Cheryl and I to do it so we are rotating days and nights between us.

• Sad
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
They do all kinds of custom nets but only in black. I bought the blue mesh and webbing and sent it to them along with all the factory Honda hardware. They were awesome to work with.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Little preview of the finished look just for the hondasxs.com crowd. Cheating slightly as there is only 1 nerf on it right now. Dang things are a major pain for 1 person especially since I am determined to retain the MudBuster flaps.

IMG 2095 2
IMG 2097 2
IMG 2100 2

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
That thing looks so good, almost going to be a shame to get dirt on it. Love the old school Odyssey /HRC livery. You do great work.

Reactions: CID and TerryH
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
That thing looks so good, almost going to be a shame to get dirt on it. Love the old school Odyssey /HRC livery. You do great work.

Thank you! It's been a lot bigger deal that I planned on but am very happy with how it's turning out and happy that I'm very near the finish line.

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I've told myself that same lie many, many times. ;)

Oh trust me, I get it. lol... I'm ready for the current list to be complete so I can go back to riding. I have another list forming already but on a little smaller scale than this list has been. :D

Reactions: CID and Lil_Steve
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I can't believe it took Honda this long to follow up on the original Pilot but I'm glad they finally 'reappeared', just in time for my retirement from dirt bikes. Although new to SxSs, I'm 'ok' with mechanical savvy - the Talon shined today on it's second outing. 😎 After 25 years of snowmobiling, I don't care if I NEVER own another CVT/belt driven machine. They nailed the dual range, 6 speed DCT and its programing IMO.

You've made a spectacular improvement with your color scheme and decaling - 10/10. 👍

Reactions: TerryH and Isaiah
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
I can't believe it took Honda this long to follow up on the original Pilot but I'm glad they finally 'reappeared', just in time for my retirement from dirt bikes. Although new to SxSs, I'm 'ok' with mechanical savvy - the Talon shined today on it's second outing. 😎 After 25 years of snowmobiling, I don't care if I NEVER own another CVT/belt driven machine. They nailed the dual range, 6 speed DCT and its programing IMO.

You've made a spectacular improvement with your color scheme and decaling - 10/10. 👍

Thanks CID! And I agree, the Talon is quite a machine. Honda should have ventured into the sport SXS game way before they did.

Reactions: CID and Isaiah
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
Little detail on the MudBuster mod. Was quite the wrestling match to get the bolts in this bracket but the MudBusters do such a great job of keeping the worst of the mud out I did not want to remove them. I tapped on the back of the flap with a dead blow hammer to imprint the shape of the bracket so I had it located properly. Measured the nerf bar bracket and transferred those measurements to the flaps. Removed the bulk of the material with my Dremel with a up-cut spiral bit and finished it off with a file. I removed the upper side panel under the door for better access to the problem bolts. Also helped that a friend stopped by. lol...

IMG 2400 2
IMG 2084
IMG 2189

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!