Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thought that was @JACKAL's groups! HA!
I dunno why people say I only ride gravel roads? When that does happen it's because I had to limp some back in thier broken JAH.
I do tend to try and avoid trails guaranteed to be a sh!tsh0w, but one good rain can make it quite an eventful ride, " MOM Ride#1 - the it gets easier from here 15hr adventure 😀 " 🫣☠️🤡💩👹.

I've learned a lot since moving here, and that's never overestimate to ability of what sitting between the seat and steering wheel of a very capable machine off the showroom floor and what modifications have been done to counter that capability. 🤣

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We have discussed a posting a "silver riders" group ride in the past. Leave later, return sooner, all green trails, geared towards new riders or beginners.

Yes I would say we failed in this category fairly hard.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Last time I tried this we turned over 2 machines!🤣

Phantomhunter1

Phantomhunter1

Mar 2, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sorry you feel this way. I usually don't comment on things when I feel like people are trying to stir the pot just to get a rise out of others, but I can't help myself in this case. I believe you are way off base here. This was also my first TO and my families experience was the complete and total opposite of yours. Maybe we just got lucky I'm not sure, but I'll touch on that later. Being my first TO I didnt know what to expect, but I didn't expect to be greeted by anyone, led to my campsite, or anything else for that matter. Only thing I knew was going to happen was that I was going to have fun with my family, see some new things, meet some new people, and share experiences with people with the same interests as me. After unloading we went out and started talking to people. We met Richard, his family and many of his close friends. Their kindness and hospitality was immediately evident. They were excited we were new and glad to see we could make it. We met a lot of very nice people and even made some long distance friendships that I'm sure will continue to grow. We had some amazing rides, and even went out on our own ride with recommendations from a past TO attendee. We had such a good time we can't wait for TO 24' or even rides between now and then. I feel grateful and appreciative to have been at TO. We enjoyed the whole atmosphere. I know Richard, his friends, and their families that help put on the TO put a lot of work into the event. As I said earlier maybe we just got lucky, but I'm not a big believer in luck. Mostly because I'm just not a lucky person, never have been. However; I also don't think that all of our amazing experiences and memories from TO were merely a coincidence either. Maybe you just had bad luck this year. Might give it another shot and see if your perspective is different.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I dunno why people say I only ride gravel roads? When that does happen it's because I had to limp some back in thier broken JAH.
I do tend to try and avoid trails guaranteed to be a sh!tsh0w, but one good rain can make it quite an eventful ride, " MOM Ride#1 - the it gets easier from here 15hr adventure 😀 " 🫣☠️🤡💩👹.

I've learned a lot since moving here, and that's never overestimate to ability of what sitting between the seat and steering wheel of a very capable machine off the showroom floor and what modifications have been done to counter that capability. 🤣
Still my favorite prison ride lol

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm sorry you feel this way. I usually don't comment on things when I feel like people are trying to stir the pot just to get a rise out of others, but I can't help myself in this case. I believe you are way off base here. This was also my first TO and my families experience was the complete and total opposite of yours. Maybe we just got lucky I'm not sure, but I'll touch on that later. Being my first TO I didnt know what to expect, but I didn't expect to be greeted by anyone, led to my campsite, or anything else for that matter. Only thing I knew was going to happen was that I was going to have fun with my family, see some new things, meet some new people, and share experiences with people with the same interests as me. After unloading we went out and started talking to people. We met Richard, his family and many of his close friends. Their kindness and hospitality was immediately evident. They were excited we were new and glad to see we could make it. We met a lot of very nice people and even made some long distance friendships that I'm sure will continue to grow. We had some amazing rides, and even went out on our own ride with recommendations from a past TO attendee. We had such a good time we can't wait for TO 24' or even rides between now and then. I feel grateful and appreciative to have been at TO. We enjoyed the whole atmosphere. I know Richard, his friends, and their families that help put on the TO put a lot of work into the event. As I said earlier maybe we just got lucky, but I'm not a big believer in luck. Mostly because I'm just not a lucky person, never have been. However; I also don't think that all of our amazing experiences and memories from TO were merely a coincidence either. Maybe you just had bad luck this year. Might give it another shot and see if your perspective is different.
Nice meeting you at the Eternal Flame.

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Dog

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
5. … (One guy, I can’t remember name, met on the trail when going solo to top of the world. Saw him in camp and he came to talk to us, nice guy cheerful and friendly. Still didn’t introduce anyone, or suggest any activity.

Pretty sure that was @Remington

He mentioned seeing you at camp after passing you on the trail.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've found lowering your expectations or making the most of the situation typically has a more positive outcome.

I've definitely enjoyed takeover and will enjoy it in the future. If all else fails with the group rides there's hundreds of miles of trails to enjoy and you'll meet people along the way.
Remember that year where you and will spent every day at adult world and El rays? You were laughing about blowing 2 grand but only .8 gal of gas in 3 days.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!