HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Maybe OP was lost or at a different campground?? I usually have to try and go out of my way to get away from @Tramguage1 or he tries to feed me and make me drink fancy bourbon! Terrible! On top of that, I got free food for typing my name into a box on the internet. This place sucks

T

TittiesAndBeer

Mar 3, 2021
South of hooker
Ownership

1. Other Brand
But in all seriousness… the carnage was pretty mild this year. Everyone seemed like they had a great time other than one guy. Food was good. Band was tolerable I got 7 handies and a 4 mouth hugs. I’d say that’s a pretty successful event.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well this escalated quickly.
Depends if your glass is half full or half empty. Honestly it seems to have de-escalated quickly but most people would call that "going down hill". Next time we will need to provide a map and a preplanned route.

I clearly had a different takeover experience. I f***ed up. Arguably I ruined everyone's day. I hadn't met most of the guys in this thread (or forum). I wrecked my machine on a ride at Takeover (2018??), we didn't die and we wasted a ton of good riding time. Parts came out of the woods, a tent got put up in the rain and we rode home. I made friends (mostly infamously) and I still ride with them.

Second Takeover, I made friends. Somebody else wadded up their machine and we fixed it. Heck we brought parts from camp and expedited beer to our remote location. We laugh about the fun we had and the experiences we have.

Last edited:
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Depends if your glass is half full or half empty. Honestly it seems to have de-escalated quickly but most people would call that "going down hill". Next time we will need to provide a map and a preplanned route.

I clearly had a different takeover experience. I f***ed up. Arguably I ruined everyone's day. I hadn't met most of the guys in this thread . I wrecked my machine on a ride at Takeover, we didn't die and we wasted a ton of good riding time. Parts came out of the woods, a tent got put up in the rain and we rode home. I made friends (mostly infamously) and I still ride with them.

Second Takeover, I made friends. Somebody else wadded up their machine and we fixed it. Heck we brought parts from camp and expedited beer to our remote location. We laugh about the fun we had and the experiences we have.
good thing some weirdo just happened to keep a 60 pound vice in his back seat back then.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Well this escalated quickly.

advertisement
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
good thing some weirdo just happened to keep a 60 pound vice in his back seat back then.
Our options for hammerf***ing spare ball joints from some dudes trail spare bag were relatively limited so the vise was handy.

The best part of that day was showing up at top of the world and seeing a crowd... They were all huddled around a phone playing the carnage video. They heard us pull up and they screamed... ,"Oh my gosh it's the guys".

Last edited:
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
A ghost from the golden age!!
I felt a disturbance in the force.

Rides are what you make of them, if it’s bad then make it better. No amount of white glove service is going to fix a poor attitude. If you want change then evolve and help change it for the better. If not then don’t and set your expectations where they need be or just don’t go.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!