toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I picked this machine up recently. It already has a lot of mods done to it so it's not going to be a really intensive build. I also have a Pioneer 1000-5 so now I can fit Me, my wife, and our 5 kids on rides.

Last edited:
toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It has 31x9.50x15R ITP ultra cross tires on beadlock rims. I've never had a set of these tires but so far I am impressed in the snow with them.

I really like how the winch remote is mounted. It makes it easy to use either the corded remote, or the wireless remote control. It looks clean and hidden from view.

It has 5 point harnesess.

And the air filter has a snorkel with prefilter added.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Onto things I have ordered. I have a bump seat coming soon. That way my 6 year olds can ride with me. I'm pretty excited to see this actually mounted in my machine.

Talon2Bump 1 18AZAZ 1024x10242x

The rear tender springs are colapsed, so I just got the bandit kit for $180. It's too cold and too snowy to know if I am okay with the ride, but based on reviews I just ordered them. I'll probably wait to install them for a few weeks so I can compare the ride better.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
As I'm sure you noticed. It has a Brick City Fab cage mounted on it. I work at a metal fab shop so I decided to make my own roof. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for a windshield yet. Because of the cage I can't put a superatv flip up on it.

I'm not overly excited with the choices out there, I'll probably make a small wind deflector and call it good. I like the honda factory 1/2" windshield, but for $40 more I can buy a 4'x8' sheet of 1/4" scratch resistant polycarbonate and make a rear, full front, 1/2 front, and still have some left over for spare material.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I started bending up a roof for it. I'm going to paint it black once I'm happy with the bends and final fit. I decided to go out of aluminum just because. It's about 1/8" thick. With a bend on all 4 sides, it's solid. I'm thinking I'm going to put some 1/2" weather stripping on top of the cage and then bolt it down. I'm also probably going to mount a light bar on the front lip.

It sticks out from the side cage bars about 1/8" on each side. It looks like more in the pictures, but it isn't mounted yet.

Here are some teaser pics, hopefully my bends will keep water from pouring off the front and side lips right into my lap. ;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was hoping you’d do a build thread on that thing. Boy what a positive on some of the adds it already had, some good ones! She’s a beautiful machine man. Be fun watching your take on it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey on windshield, since you’re very useful with steel, if you wanted glass for winter just build the frame out of flat like the roof with angled edges then have glass shop cut piece of your design and use canopy window rubber. But a couple tool bar clamps and done, quick removal. That’s how simple the factory Honda is. Probably only a couple hundred bucks completed.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
With your fabrication skillz, you might be able to fit the SuperATV flip-up windshield since the upper is hung from the top. My stock cage is 42-3/4" O.C. across the top at the mounts.

Click on the pic for full size since I can't post a full size pic for some reason? (no thumbnail - full size option)
I D8xjjVK XL

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hey on windshield, since you’re very useful with steel, if you wanted glass for winter just build the frame out of flat like the roof with angled edges then have glass shop cut piece of your design and use canopy window rubber. But a couple tool bar clamps and done, quick removal. That’s how simple the factory Honda is. Probably only a couple hundred bucks completed.

I was looking at doing that for next winter. I’ve built a couple windshields and doors for forklifts at work and we have a local shop that cuts out safety glass pretty affordability. This winter is close to over and honestly, once it’s over 30 degrees, I’m just going to use a helmet with shield or goggles. At least till next fall.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
With your fabrication skillz, you might be able to fit the SuperATV flip-up windshield since the upper is hung from the top. My stock cage is 42-3/4" O.C. across the top at the mounts.

Click on the pic for full size since I can't post a full size pic for some reason? (no thumbnail - full size option)
View attachment 256094

the cage I have is 44-3/4” across the top. The radius of the top bend is different, and it has a different shape.

The lower part will hit my intrusion bars.

The welded in grab handles on my cage mess up where the clamps go.

It’s not perfectly square, and 4” shorter.

I’ve looked and looked, but I don’t want to cut up the cage, or buy a windshield that I have to cut up and modify. I have a 1000-5 with a flip up windshield for a pattern, if I buy a couple clamps, lifting cylinders, and 4’x4’ piece of scratch resistant polycarbonate. I might just make my own flip up. :cool: Or a solid one would be easier. We will see how ambitious I get this summer.

Last edited:
BlackCSVT

BlackCSVT

Jan 14, 2021
Vail, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Onto things I have ordered. I have a bump seat coming soon. That way my 6 year olds can ride with me. I'm pretty excited to see this actually mounted in my machine.

View attachment 256065

The rear tender springs are colapsed, so I just got the bandit kit for $180. It's too cold and too snowy to know if I am okay with the ride, but based on reviews I just ordered them. I'll probably wait to install them for a few weeks so I can compare the ride better.

View attachment 256063

View attachment 256064
Where did the picture with the booster seat come from, I’m VERY interested in those door speaker pods!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!