P500 Torq-Masters torq locker feedback

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Totally understand getting under there, I have two sets of those plastic car ramps for servicing the wife’s VW Touareg TDi and also my P5. Skid plates are held on with 10mm head bolts, I just use the 3/8” impact and removed and used the stock skids as a template, with stock bolts and washers. Didn’t bother to make wider skid plates (then stock), just thicker more robust material, traced stock onto UHMW, cut out, drilled, countersunk washers, had to chisel a bit of clearance, in two spots. Reinstalled, I didn’t drill out as many drainage holes as mine is primarily a work machine and I drive on Right of Ways with lots of old sticks, stumps and rocks. Have some pix in my link below. Being a joiner, you’d have this done and a cab, mud flaps, stick stoppers, roof and doors made in like a twinkle.... me ummm not so much, still trying to figure winter doors and Version 2.0 of front window, heh heh. I do get a kick outta making stuff for these machines though. Lotsa great ideas on this site too.
Cheers,
j
Haha, thanks J.
I have an idea for a glass windshield. :) Just an aluminum frame welded . With a bead for the glass. Haha. Sounds easy. :)
I have a set of old metal ramps.
Depending on how I feel, :), I might put it up and do it myself.
I’m going to make sure whoever does it, Neverseize all the bolts.
Things always rust up here. I’ve sprayed with Rustcheck green. Every year. In all the frame.
Have a great day J
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JCart
tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I just bought a TorqLocker from TORQ LOCKER TL-HONDA FOR HONDA PIONEER
After exchange, taxes, shipping et cetera I am initially spending $49 (usd) more than had I bought it and had it shipped to Michigan, however, in the long run I probably saved money over the Michigan route because I don't have any more taxes and duty to pay at the border. (I learned my lesson 24 years ago about trying to sneak stuff across the border)

The pre-sales service at Loki Lights was superb. I highly recommend them to all of our Canadian members.

FOLLOW-UP:
It arrived today, 8 days after I ordered it. It had been DropShipped from the manufacturer in Rochester NY. No additional duty, taxes, brokerage. A good experience.

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I just bought a TorqLocker from TORQ LOCKER TL-HONDA FOR HONDA PIONEER
After exchange, taxes, shipping et cetera I am initially spending $49 (usd) more than had I bought it and had it shipped to Michigan, however, in the long run I probably saved money over the Michigan route because I don't have any more taxes and duty to pay at the border. (I learned my lesson 24 years ago about trying to sneak stuff across the border)

The pre-sales service at Loki Lights was superb. I highly recommend them to all of our Canadian members.
Thanks Tom
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
M

mdavenpo

Jan 28, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Just a NOTE for those that will be doing this. The bolts holes that I am pointing at in the pics , these 2 nuts are welded to the frame , you should only need to use a socket on the bolts. I used a cheater bar on the nuts and broke the welds. Not really a big deal , but just letting you all know !

View attachment 80165 View attachment 80166
This is the kind of info I'm hunting for and just found. Thanks for the heads-up regarding the weld-nuts.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
For those on the fence about a locker. P500 following a P1000 in deep ruts at Coalmont, TN riding on the skid plate to a dead stop. Note both fronts pulling out and over the ruts. Thanks Torq Masters and @joeymt33 . 360 degree video so rotate to the rear view. A good rut run starting at 1 minute.

Last edited:
MB_Rider

MB_Rider

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2019
Swan River, Manitoba, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I might be overthinking this but has anyone needed to install HD Axels after installing their locker? My machine has about 40km on it and I'm running 27X9R12 all terrain atv tires. I don't intend to run through a bunch of mud or abuse it in anyway. I'm gonna install mine in a couple of weeks. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I might be overthinking this but has anyone needed to install HD Axels after installing their locker? My machine has about 40km on it and I'm running 27X9R12 all terrain atv tires. I don't intend to run through a bunch of mud or abuse it in anyway. I'm gonna install mine in a couple of weeks. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks!
I ran 27" Terrabites on mine with the Torqlocker and beat the living piss out of it and couldn't break anything, I think your fine

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
2600 miles with Torq-locker and no issues. I did just replace both axles with the heavy duty ones cuz my cv joints had been filled with dirt from ripping boots so many times they were just worn out, and the aftermarket HD units were cheaper, and claim more angularity tolerance- my suspension is modified for more travel. When these wear out, I'm going back to stock. Better to put the money towards power steering i.m.h.o.

MB_Rider

MB_Rider

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2019
Swan River, Manitoba, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
2600 miles with Torq-locker and no issues. I did just replace both axles with the heavy duty ones cuz my cv joints had been filled with dirt from ripping boots so many times they were just worn out, and the aftermarket HD units were cheaper, and claim more angularity tolerance- my suspension is modified for more travel. When these wear out, I'm going back to stock. Better to put the money towards power steering i.m.h.o.
I have power steering in mine already and it's the best thing I've installed... so far lol

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Ok whent riding at RRB and I got to check my power stirring and torqlucker and it's awesome. Rock crolling and mod raiding and they preformed incredibly well. My only problem now is my suspension, it just kept bottoming out. Now saving money for suspension upgrade. What is the best recommended suspension for a P500.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ok whent riding at RRB and I got to check my power stirring and torqlucker and it's awesome. Rock crolling and mod raiding and they preformed incredibly well. My only problem now is my suspension, it just kept bottoming out. Now saving money for suspension upgrade. What is the best recommended suspension for a P500.

RRB definitely shines a light on the capabilities and limits of these machines in a hurry! Most upgrades for the P5 are expensive as hell, seems everything is $500 :rolleyes: , and only make a subtle difference so even after you're left wondering if it was worth it. Like you said though, you saw the difference that it made? Throw another $500 at it and get the Walker Evans for the front, you'll wish you had done it out of the gate. (start saving for the rears right away, you're going to want them too)😜
The reward is, after dropping 5 bills into it half a dozen times or more, it handles and operates way different than that wobble box we unloaded off the trailer. Things that were once intimidating, you'll blow through and shake your head. "Can't believe it just went through that so easy"? 💪

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Going to have to look up the installation process for those WEs. Got me thinking....

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
RRB definitely shines a light on the capabilities and limits of these machines in a hurry! Most upgrades for the P5 are expensive as hell, seems everything is $500 :rolleyes: , and only make a subtle difference so even after you're left wondering if it was worth it. Like you said though, you saw the difference that it made? Throw another $500 at it and get the Walker Evans for the front, you'll wish you had done it out of the gate. (start saving for the rears right away, you're going to want them too)😜
The reward is, after dropping 5 bills into it half a dozen times or more, it handles and operates way different than that wobble box we unloaded off the trailer. Things that were once intimidating, you'll blow through and shake your head. "Can't believe it just went through that so easy"? 💪
Yea I imagend the Walker Evans are the best and it's what I'll be getting but mercy them shocks are expensive. But from the videos I've seen they are the best.Thank you god bless and hope to see u on the trail someday.

Reactions: trigger
luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Brought my p5 home so I could do the locker.tore it apart ,pulled dif with rear axle out.thought I read somewhere that there's suppose to be a spring on the axle where it goes into motor.am I mistaken or did I lose it.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Brought my p5 home so I could do the locker.tore it apart ,pulled dif with rear axle out.thought I read somewhere that there's suppose to be a spring on the axle where it goes into motor.am I mistaken or did I lose it.
376465D0 64B8 4A3F AF35 78C7AD44CEDA

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!