P500 Torq-Masters torq locker feedback

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I honestly don't know how it works but it does, and it works great. I was pushing around deep snow tonight and never heard it click or anything, never spun a tire either. I just put it in 2 or 4 as I need and it does its thing. :cool:
Got a question Trigger. Do you have power steering on your bike. And with the locker do I need it more than without the locker. Thanks
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got a question Trigger. Do you have power steering on your bike. And with the locker do I need it more than without the locker. Thanks
Caper

Yeah I have the EZ Steer from SuperATV. I haven't used the locker without PS so I can't really say but the locker should release and allow for easier turning. I got the PS more for hitting stumps or rocks and not feeling the shock so bad in the steering wheel, bout broke my damn wrist a couple of times. ;)

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah I have the EZ Steer from SuperATV. I haven't used the locker without PS so I can't really say but the locker should release and allow for easier turning. I got the PS more for hitting stumps or rocks and not feeling the shock so bad in the steering wheel, bout broke my damn wrist a couple of times. ;)
Thanks Trigger. I think I might try it without first if you think it should ratchet. And you must be older than me if it’s knocking you around. Haha Kidding. Thanks again. Oh and do you have the second generation.
Caper

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have the locker w/o PS, can't tell the difference in most situations, occasionally I'll get some "feedback" thru the wheel but PS isn't a necessity.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
If I still had my 500 I would definitely be considering putting one in. It would be nice if it were selectable IMO.
Before I installed mine, I was of the exact same opinion, but after putting the auto-locker through it's paces, I've completely changed my mind about 'selectable' lockers- at least for this machine... This one just works so well.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before I installed mine, I was of the exact same opinion, but after putting the auto-locker through it's paces, I've completely changed my mind about 'selectable' lockers- at least for this machine... This one just works so well.
That’s good to know, I might get a p5 for my son eventually.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks
Caper

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did it affect the steering much?

Reactions: JWB and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Heres that good before and after locker comparison by Jayman, AMR.
Yeah that was very informative. He should have had Blackwaters. Haha. I guess I will have to get power steering eventually. But yeah I want a locker. There is a lot of mud holes in Cape Breton. That’s why I have the warn. And the Blackwaters. But I will definitely be getting a locker. I have a 45 degree hill that’s over 100 yards long. I have to be careful not to stop. Thanks Mudder. I’m saving my money, can’t wait.
Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!