P500 Torq-Masters torq locker feedback

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I can tell you my experience with 30" interco's has been it needs power steering in 4x4. I would not be able to drive the thing very long and the wife would not make it to the trail.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Just checked. $644 at UTV Canada.
:)
Caper
Just checked. $644 at UTV Canada.
Caper

Just saw a post in this forum from last week. A member had a new in box locker never installed for $390 post paid. Don’t remember who or where. Search it? Good luck.
Needs the P/S if you do lots of tight trails especially with a suicide knob.

WB

Reactions: Caper and Dp5hunter
tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Just saw a post in this forum from last week. A member had a new in box locker never installed for $390 post paid. Don’t remember who or where. Search it? Good luck.
Needs the P/S if you do lots of tight trails especially with a suicide knob.

WB
Haha, but we’re in Canada. Everything is double. Haha, almost. 40 % . And that really sucks.
My SXS skid plate will be over $1200 by the time it gets here.
Caper

Reactions: JCart and Dp5hunter
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
<strike>I can't find it on their site. Can you post a link please? </strike>

$644 CDN is $476 US, only $50 (US) more than buying from the USA and no cross border crap to deal with

I just found it TORQ LOCKER FOR HONDA PIONEER 500/700 | UTV Canada
Yeah our dollar sucks. Damn Justin, and I voted for him.
Keep us informed. And the Power Steering is $850 I think.
It never ends. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Might as well go through them(UTV Canada). At least the custom part is done by them...That's what it cost me (about 640$ Cdn) to order direct from TorqMasters plus I think I had to pay customs at post office...
Funny how our dollar sucked for years with the liberals in , who I voted for, then the PC’s were in and it was even, now the Liberals are back in , who I voted for, never again, and our dollar sucks again.
I’m allowed to rant to you , you’re Canadian too. :)
But it sucks how much more we have to pay then the boys to the south. Supposed to be free trade, but we’re paying.40 cents on the dollar. If I want it , I gotta pay it.
Done ranting. Haha
Did you get PS too. I see that’s $820 something there too.
Thanks
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Funny how our dollar sucked for years with the liberals in , who I voted for, then the PC’s were in and it was even, now the Liberals are back in , who I voted for, never again, and our dollar sucks again.
I’m allowed to rant to you , you’re Canadian too. :)
But it sucks how much more we have to pay then the boys to the south. Supposed to be free trade, but we’re paying.40 cents on the dollar. If I want it , I gotta pay it.
Done ranting. Haha
Did you get PS too. I see that’s $820 something there too.
Thanks
Caper

No such thing as a goverment working for its people...!

yes I did get the PS. I got it from atvtirescanada.com EZ-Steer ATV/UTV Electric Power Steering Kit (EPS)
i have also bought tires and winches from them. Very good staff to deal with.

I have been at this for a while(shopping for plows,roof, windshield, bumpers, homemade skid plate etc) I can probably direct you to a canadian site for most of the stuff... And don't forget you must get the glovebox from @Chooglin , that's a must!!!

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
No such thing as a goverment working for its people...!

yes I did get the PS. I got it from atvtirescanada.com EZ-Steer ATV/UTV Electric Power Steering Kit (EPS)
i have also bought tires and winches from them. Very good staff to deal with.

I have been at this for a while(shopping for plows,roof, windshield, bumpers, homemade skid plate etc) I can probably direct you to a canadian site for most of the stuff... And don't forget you must get the glovebox from @Chooglin , that's a must!!!
Haha, got the glove box and Trigger shield.
I have a lot, but want a skid, locker and PS. Save, save, save. Haha
It’s getting there. :)
One of these years it will be finished. :D
Next is skid. I’ve got the money, hoping the dollar will miraculously get even over night. :D
Thanks Seg
Keep in touch.
I’m going to call SXS today about the skid.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
2ECEC669 B198 46C4 B373 333C2BADB60D
Next is skid. I’ve got the money, hoping the dollar will miraculously get even over night. :D
Thanks Seg
Keep in touch.
Caper
Down at the camp. :)
Caper

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Seg
Keep in touch.
Caper
You could build your own for about 550$ canadian...
P500 - SKID PLATE DIY SOLRUS VERSION :)
that's what I did...

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Haha, but we’re in Canada. Everything is double. Haha, almost. 40 % . And that really sucks.
My SXS skid plate will be over $1200 by the time it gets here.
Caper

You can build UHMW skid plate using stock one as a pattern. UHMW is easy to work with and most wood working tools are what I used. It (UHMW), can be bought by the sheet and a variety of thicknesses. Made mine (skid plate) from 9.5 mm thick material. Iirc a 4’by 8’ sheet was under $400.00 CDN. Also made mud flaps and rear cab from 3 mm thick UHMW, typically I buy a 4’ by 10’ sheet (3mm thick) to keep on hand for a variety of projects. Should be images in the link at bottom of my page.
Cheers,
jrc

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
You can build UHMW skid plate using stock one as a pattern. UHMW is easy to work with and most wood working tools are what I used. It (UHMW), can be bought by the sheet and a variety of thicknesses. Made mine (skid plate) from 9.5 mm thick material. Iirc a 4’by 8’ sheet was under $400.00 CDN. Also made mud flaps and rear cab from 3 mm thick UHMW, typically I buy a 4’ by 10’ sheet (3mm thick) to keep on hand for a variety of projects. Should be images in the link at bottom of my page.
Cheers,
jrc
Thanks. I’m a joiner by trade, so cutting and fitting aren’t a problem. Haha. It’s getting my old bones under the bike to make templates.
I need to find someone younger that wants to learn that kind of stuff. Haha.
Something else to think about.
Caper

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. I’m a joiner by trade, so cutting and fitting aren’t a problem. Haha. It’s getting my old bones under the bike to make templates.
Caper
I am barely middle-aged, but I can appreciate that every year the ground seems to get farther away.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Caper

Totally understand getting under there, I have two sets of those plastic car ramps for servicing the wife’s VW Touareg TDi and also my P5. Skid plates are held on with 10mm head bolts, I just use the 3/8” impact and removed and used the stock skids as a template, with stock bolts and washers. Didn’t bother to make wider skid plates (then stock), just thicker more robust material, traced stock onto UHMW, cut out, drilled, countersunk washers, had to chisel a bit of clearance, in two spots. Reinstalled, I didn’t drill out as many drainage holes as mine is primarily a work machine and I drive on Right of Ways with lots of old sticks, stumps and rocks. Have some pix in my link below. Being a joiner, you’d have this done and a cab, mud flaps, stick stoppers, roof and doors made in like a twinkle.... me ummm not so much, still trying to figure winter doors and Version 2.0 of front window, heh heh. I do get a kick outta making stuff for these machines though. Lotsa great ideas on this site too.
Cheers,
j

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!