P500 Torq-Masters torq locker feedback

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I haven't got one yet,still pondering on front shocks or the locker
Curious what’s the clearance off the ground. My bike is a ‘15 bought in ‘14 and Honda wanted me to change the shocks to lower ones because of some overturning. Aaaa nope. I saw a new one at Honda last month and it did look low. With my Blackwaters on it’s over 12’’ off the ground. Thanks.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Curious what’s the clearance off the ground. My bike is a ‘15 bought in ‘14 and Honda wanted me to change the shocks to lower ones because of some overturning. Aaaa nope. I saw a new one at Honda last month and it did look low. With my Blackwaters on it’s over 12’’ off the ground. Thanks.
Caper
And I still want a locker
Caper

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I still had my 500 I would definitely be considering putting one in. It would be nice if it were selectable IMO.

Porkchopexpress

Porkchopexpress

Nov 15, 2017
Fishers IN
Ownership

1. 500
I’m getting ready to order a locker and I was wondering if I should go ahead and buy new axles or just put the originals back in. I’ve got a 2015 with 26” tires and haven’t had any axle problems. Just don’t know if having both tires pulling will put more stress on them and don’t want to breakdown on the trail. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Reactions: Caper
C

Chooglin

I’m getting ready to order a locker and I was wondering if I should go ahead and buy new axles or just put the originals back in. I’ve got a 2015 with 26” tires and haven’t had any axle problems. Just don’t know if having both tires pulling will put more stress on them and don’t want to breakdown on the trail. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.
I would just run the stock axles , plenty of us are and have had no problems...... I guess it depends on how hard you run your machine too!

advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thinking with the spring ratcheting design, it would rachet before breaking an axle? No problems after many miles and counting. Finally something sold that works better than expectations. Thanks Cora and Company!

01650F2D 6CA1 4FB0 8611 788AB6D5C494

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks for your opinions guys. Makes me feel a lot better. Since I don’t have to buy axles I think I’m going to go ahead and get power steering. Can’t wait to see what my little machine will be able to do.
Good choice on power steering, EZ steer and Tusk look the same IMO. Have the EZ steer.

9E31EE0D A700 47A8 9879 3C7DBE797A1F

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thinking with the spring ratcheting design, it would rachet before breaking an axle? No problems after many miles and counting. Finally something sold that works better than expectations. Thanks Cora and Company!

View attachment 104743

I honestly don't know how it works but it does, and it works great. I was pushing around deep snow tonight and never heard it click or anything, never spun a tire either. I just put it in 2 or 4 as I need and it does its thing. :cool:

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Haha. And now I know too. I’ll let everyone fix the bugs before I get one. But it sounds like I’m the only person without one. Haha
Caper
I don't have one either, I'm just north west of you in Saint John NB. I have a USA address, so maybe some day we'll order them, and I'll pick them up in Maine and bring them across the border. It's often cheaper to buy stuff and pay the dollar exchange, then to have a company pay a courier to bring them across, as they charge a brokerage fee and have to make a profit also...

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
So you have to pay a fee (tarrif) to take something up across the border? Fill up gas in US??. LOL. Just curious from down south.

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have one either, I'm just north west of you in Saint John NB. I have a USA address, so maybe some day we'll order them, and I'll pick them up in Maine and bring them across the border. It's often cheaper to buy stuff and pay the dollar exchange, then to have a company pay a courier to bring them across, as they charge a brokerage fee and have to make a profit also...
That sounds really good with me. I have a mud hole in Cape Breton by my camp, I can probably make it through but I know I could with the locker. She’s been over the tires in muck, and is crazy now where she’ll go, but can’t wait. Keep in touch. Nice to hear another person from the Maritimes.
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
So you have to pay a fee (tarrif) to take something up across the border? Fill up gas in US??. LOL. Just curious from down south.
Yeah , so much for free trade. Haha. Duty then the shipping charges brokerage fees, unless you order it from Honda or like that. If I was close enough to cross the boarder to fill up , I would. Have a good day Mudder. Nice day to sit and look out over the fields and watch the snow, or rain. Haha
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!