Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
They work in construction, agriculture, food service and hospitality to name a few, and pay all the various taxes that citizens pay most often without qualifying for many of the benefits those taxes provide…

But that doesn’t mean they are unskilled at all. I spent my career in contracting and that’s a big industry that benefits from the cheap labor of the undocumented and they are an industrious people, hard working and family oriented often putting Americans to shame in those regards.

I agree with you that any migrants coming in should be tested but unfortunately and oddly enough they aren’t and never have been. The office of the inspector general was asked to investigate this in October of 2020….

In October 2020, in conjunction with the COVID-19 pandemic, the United States began experiencing a surge of migrants at the southwest border, adding increased risk to an unprecedented public health emergency. DHS, in addition to its broad mission, is responsible for helping detect and slow the spread of COVID- 19. During this inspection, we received a referral from the Office of Special Counsel concerning the lack of COVID- 19 testing at one CBP location. We conducted a limited review to determine to what extent DHS has implemented measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in migrants at the southwest border.

What We Found
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) does not conduct COVID-19 testing for migrants who enter CBP custody and is not required to do so. Instead, CBP relies on local public health systems to test symptomatic individuals. According to CBP officials, as a frontline law enforcement agency, it does not have the necessary resources to conduct such testing. For migrants who are transferred or released from CBP custody into the United States, CBP coordinates with Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and other Federal, state, and local partners for COVID-19 testing of migrants.

The Trump administration did not test immigrants at the border and the Biden administration hasn’t done so either. My opinion is that they should all be tested and I’ll go further, I’d support that any who are allowed to remain be vaccinated….

As for drugs, there has always been a profitable demand for them in America and always will. Americans want their drugs. It’s about freedom, more controlled societies have far stricter drug policies…
You're drinking the cool aid.

51 and light rain ending soon so we will get much less than the forecast 1/2" and the snow level is at or above 4500'...looks like we dodged the bullet.

A retired FBI agent friend passed along what happened near his home in NJ...unmarked bus showed up at a gas station and discharged about 30 illegals. Don't know where they came from, the local sheriff can't deal with them so he called CBP who said "not our problem". They were dirty, hungry, thirsty and didn't speak english and we don't want them here and they are not our responsibility. They were give water, food and shelter at a local school gym...now what the hell do we do with them tomorrow.

My guess is that is happening all over the country.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

51 and light rain ending soon so we will get much less than the forecast 1/2" and the snow level is at or above 4500'...looks like we dodged the bullet.

A retired FBI agent friend passed along what happened near his home in NJ...unmarked bus showed up at a gas station and discharged about 30 illegals. Don't know where they came from, the local sheriff can't deal with them so he called CBP who said "not our problem". They were dirty, hungry, thirsty and didn't speak english and we don't want them here and they are not our responsibility. They were give water, food and shelter at a local school gym...now what the hell do we do with them tomorrow.

I’m not drinking anything, but I have provided you with CBP policy, and they never have been required to test migrants at the border for Covid…

What you provided is hearsay and cannot be verified…..

The Biden administration has been overwhelmed with migrants at the border, more than Obama or Trump had to manage and as a result have apprehended more than ever before. Biden has also, to criticism from his supporters, continued Trump era pandemic deportation policy and in September began 7 daily flights to Haiti with deportees and flights to southern Mexico with Central American deportees with Mexico’s cooperation. And yes some asylum seekers at the border are being allowed to remain. I think any of them should be vaccinated….

AP News…..

Last edited:
Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Forecast saying that it could get nasty tonight. Especially in northern half of Arkansas an into Missouri.
View attachment 301247
Strong to severe thunderstorms are possible this Sunday evening and into the overnight hours early Monday morning. All modes of severe weather will be possible, with damaging winds the main threat expected. Some large hail will also be possible. The tornado threat will exist, with the greatest threat across northwest Arkansas during the evening hours.

View attachment 301249
Here's a snapshot of simulated radar from model data depicting the timing of storms this evening into the early overnight hours. Expect Storms to develop just northwest of Arkansas before sunset, then drop southeast into the northwest sections of the state around 7 PM. Expect the line of storms to be stretching from the MO Bootheel through central Arkansas and towards Texarkana by around or just after midnight.
Looks like we’re going to get hit at midnight here. May get woken by severe weather…..1.5” projected.

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m not drinking anything, but I have provided you with CBP policy, and they never have been required to test migrants at the border for Covid…

What you provided is hearsay and cannot be verified…..

The Biden administration has been overwhelmed with migrants at the border, more than Obama or Trump had to manage and as a result have apprehended more than ever before. Biden has also, to criticism from his supporters, continued Trump era pandemic deportation policy and in September began 7 daily flights to Haiti with deportees and flights to southern Mexico with Central American deportees with Mexico’s cooperation. And yes some asylum seekers at the border are being allowed to remain. I think any of them should be vaccinated….

AP News…..

OK I'll call a truce...you follow your facts and I'll follow mine. Still friends enjoying the Honda side by side!!

• Love
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OK I'll call a truce...you follow your facts and I'll follow mine. Still friends enjoying the Honda side by side!!
Haha, I had no idea you were fighting….😬 Just banter to me…..😊
Yes sir we’ll be on the trail sooner or later….😎

Last edited:
  • Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, we pretty much got ripped off on the rain that was suppose to come after midnight last night. Turned out to be a drizzle…

Next chance is Wednesday at 100%….

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, rain and sun and clouds all waiting for the 2nd most powerful storm (equal to a Cat 3 hurricane they say) to hit the Pacific North West on Sunday evening...glad we're in the Inland North West hiding behind the Cascades and several hundred miles of surface friction. We're forecast to 20 mph and a 1/2 inch of rain. A ship in the Pacific lost several containers overboard passing thru the storm...no big deal...no one to unload them anyway...where are all those illegals that sneaked over the border when we need them? I guess that's more complex work that picking tomatoes.
There’s a container ship on fire off the coast of BC. Everyone evacuated. Nothing toxic there. Somehow it caught fire in the storm . I watched the SAN Fran football game last night. It poured the whole game. Giant rain drops.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Forecast saying that it could get nasty tonight. Especially in northern half of Arkansas an into Missouri.
View attachment 301247
Strong to severe thunderstorms are possible this Sunday evening and into the overnight hours early Monday morning. All modes of severe weather will be possible, with damaging winds the main threat expected. Some large hail will also be possible. The tornado threat will exist, with the greatest threat across northwest Arkansas during the evening hours.

View attachment 301249
Here's a snapshot of simulated radar from model data depicting the timing of storms this evening into the early overnight hours. Expect Storms to develop just northwest of Arkansas before sunset, then drop southeast into the northwest sections of the state around 7 PM. Expect the line of storms to be stretching from the MO Bootheel through central Arkansas and towards Texarkana by around or just after midnight.
Good luck brother.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

I’m sure they will be on their way to Canada. Justin wants everyone. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, we pretty much got ripped off on the rain that was suppose to come after midnight last night. Turned out to be a drizzle…

Next chance is Wednesday at 100%….
Same problem. Considering seeding the clouds with that stuff they advertise to solve prostrate problems...you know the one that makes things gush.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Clouds today. Getting ready for SWB’s rain. Getting 2 1/2 “ tomorrow. Going to try and paint the rafters for over the hot tub, if we ever get it. 😊 I’ll put them in the garage for a couple days.
Caper

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Clouds today. Getting ready for SWB’s rain. Getting 2 1/2 “ tomorrow. Going to try and paint the rafters for over the hot tub, if we ever get it. 😊 I’ll put them in the garage for a couple days.
Caper
Is it a supply line problem on getting the hot tub? We had to wait 8 months for ours….

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Rick!!

This is from a fly fishing web site and it's a ways South of you but I was wondering if sounds accurate? Maybe we could fit some of the info into planning for the summer SxS trip. Please let us know what you think.

I know the Kamloops area lake country. Based on what you stated, I think staying at a motel or hotel in Kamloops and then driving to the different lakes would be an efficient option. Think of Kamloops rather like the hub of a wheel and surrounding lakes around it as making up the wheel around it. You have loads of nearby options. I'd rent a truck and use it to get around. The local fly shops are very helpful if you are willing to loosen their lips by spending a little money.

I have stayed at Thuya Lakes and it is very, very rustic. But the surrounding lakes can be very productive. Some are super small and isolated -- some monster size trout lurk in them.
I guess. It will be close to that I’m sure by the time we get it.
Today would be a great day for it.
😊
Caper
Has anyone noticed that the UAW, Teamsters and dock works are on strike (and probably others).

Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Rick!!

This is from a fly fishing web site and it's a ways South of you but I was wondering if sounds accurate? Maybe we could fit some of the info into planning for the summer SxS trip. Please let us know what you think.

I know the Kamloops area lake country. Based on what you stated, I think staying at a motel or hotel in Kamloops and then driving to the different lakes would be an efficient option. Think of Kamloops rather like the hub of a wheel and surrounding lakes around it as making up the wheel around it. You have loads of nearby options. I'd rent a truck and use it to get around. The local fly shops are very helpful if you are willing to loosen their lips by spending a little money.

I have stayed at Thuya Lakes and it is very, very rustic. But the surrounding lakes can be very productive. Some are super small and isolated -- some monster size trout lurk in them.

Has anyone noticed that the UAW, Teamsters and dock works are on strike (and probably others).
Mine is a Beachcomber. Made in Canada. Haha.
I have a Hardy I’ve had since the late 70’s. My cousin brought it over from England for me when he came to visit. Rod , reel and line and a few flies. My brother salmon fishes as much as he can. He has &1,000 fly rods, but when we are Mayfly trout fishing, I can out cast him every time. It just goes through the eyes so easy. He wanted to buy it from me for years. Haha.
I have to get my daughter into fly fishing so I’ll have someone to leave it to.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine is a Beachcomber. Made in Canada. Haha.
I have a Hardy I’ve had since the late 70’s. My cousin brought it over from England for me when he came to visit. Rod , reel and line and a few flies. My brother salmon fishes as much as he can. He has &1,000 fly rods, but when we are Mayfly trout fishing, I can out cast him every time. It just goes through the eyes so easy. He wanted to buy it from me for years. Haha.
I have to get my daughter into fly fishing so I’ll have someone to leave it to.
Caper
Don''t be too ready to leave anything!!!

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Don''t be too ready to leave anything!!!
Here you go lr. BC lakes.
Caper

928CA73A 9B02 4EB7 8582 9CD32260713A 5A1EDB39 AF9C 40EF A487 D216BE614D7D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!