Weather Talk

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey thanks Caper!! I'm passing this off to CP...I just drive or bail her out when she get lost. The age of GPS greatly reduces the effort of travelling by car, airplane, boat or SxS...I'm not saying it can't happen, it's just much more difficult. Not unlike the old say...can't find your a$$ with both hands.

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335 and Caper
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I look at where things are manufactured. If it’s China, I will leave it there. Seems like things from China only last a year. No quality.
Oh Justin gave everything to China, it’s only this pandemic that has slapped him in the head when we couldn’t get anything. It all came from China. And Dalhousie made one of the first vaccines and gave it to China to develop, and China kept it and wouldn’t give any data back.
Not to mention the whole Huawei bull. China kidnapped two Canadian billionaires and held them on death row while that Huawei bit.. was in her mansion in Vancouver. And Justin still kissed their ass with a contract for a giant ferry.
Screw China.
Caper
Is ferry spelled correctly?

• Haha
Reactions: CID and Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Never would have guessed that. But doesn’t the shoreline vegetation just grow back in spring ?
Yes of course, but imagine where it would be if it wasn’t killed back to the ground every year….😳

• Love
Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And couldn’t people just take their docks out in the winter, like we have to up here. 😂😂
Docks in this lake are required to be fixed, anchored to the lake bed. Floating docks are grandfathered in…..
Look at this boat dock, there’s no taking it out…..
3437AFA5 A06C 4BE9 B2FA 1C5CAE7FF54C

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Caper and BBB
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Docks in this lake are required to be fixed, anchored to the lake bed. Floating docks are grandfathered in…..
Look at this boat dock, there’s no taking it out…..View attachment 302231
I guess you would be screwed if you got any ice. That would be ripped out of the ground up here. There are a few like that on Grand lake, but everything is anchored with rocks, filling up the whole thing to keep it there or made out of concrete.
Maybe in a few years we won’t have any more ice and you could make something like that.
It is very nice.
Caper

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I guess you would be screwed if you got any ice. That would be ripped out of the ground up here. There are a few like that on Grand lake, but everything is anchored with rocks, filling up the whole thing to keep it there or made out of concrete.
Maybe in a few years we won’t have any more ice and you could make something like that.
It is very nice.
Caper
Got it, and that makes sense. This is central Arkansas and quite far south. And, we’re just down from the entrance of the Mazarn creek, so moving water. I’ve never seen Lake Hamilton to ice over….

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Got it, and that makes sense. This is central Arkansas and quite far south. And, we’re just down from the entrance of the Mazarn creek, so moving water. I’ve never seen Lake Hamilton to ice over….
Last estimate I saw by so called climatologist we are in for 800 - 1,000 years of warming as part of the normal cycle. Then maybe a level off for a few thousand years (I could be off by a couple centuries) before the next ice age begins. Sooo if you stick around Caper you may get your wish...unless that comet hits us.

• Haha
Reactions: CID and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Last estimate I saw by so called climatologist we are in for 800 - 1,000 years of warming as part of the normal cycle. Then maybe a level off for a few thousand years (I could be off by a couple centuries) before the next ice age begins. Sooo if you stick around Caper you may get your wish...unless that comet hits us.
Did you get any snow out there yesterday. My buddy is at his farm outside Cardston in southern Alberta. He said they got just over a foot of snow yesterday. He’s pheasant hunting in the picture. That’s Rocky.
Too early. Their deer season starts Wednesday. I was invited out this year but my damn knee is too sore for walking this year.
Caper
AA4D3DE9 75AC 4032 83A6 CC4C2045DEE3

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Just above freezing this morning. Very frosty. Second day of deer season. Would be a good morning. But no wind, so you would have to be sitting. The deer would be checking the Apple trees this morning.
Caper

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
42* this morning in the Spa City, 53* for the high. Cloudy all day.

advertisement
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you get any snow out there yesterday. My buddy is at his farm outside Cardston in southern Alberta. He said they got just over a foot of snow yesterday. He’s pheasant hunting in the picture. That’s Rocky.
Too early. Their deer season starts Wednesday. I was invited out this year but my damn knee is too sore for walking this year.
Caper View attachment 302424
Frost a few times but no snow yet. There was some above 4K feet but lasted about 12 minutes. GO Rocky!!

Let me ask again...anyone converting a SxS to propane?

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Just above freezing this morning. Very frosty. Second day of deer season. Would be a good morning. But no wind, so you would have to be sitting. The deer would be checking the Apple trees this morning.
Caper
Frost a few times but no snow yet. There was some above 4K feet but lasted about 12 minutes. GO Rocky!!

Let me ask again...anyone converting a SxS to propane?
Too expensive up here
Haha
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Propane is more expensive than gasoline? $1.82 vs $3.32 for gasoline (regular with corn juice)

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Propane is more expensive than gasoline? $1.82 vs $3.32 for gasoline (regular with corn juice)
At Costco it’s $12 to fill a 20lb tank. But anywhere else it’s over double. And gas here is $1.47 a litre. So $5.88 a gallon. Yes we are getting ripped of terribly. Justin wants to solve climate change all by himself. Damn asshole.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
At Costco it’s $12 to fill a 20lb tank. But anywhere else it’s over double. And gas here is $1.47 a litre. So $5.88 a gallon. Yes we are getting ripped of terribly. Justin wants to solve climate change all by himself. Damn asshole.
Caper
That sucks. I have dropped the idea of buying property in CA for good. The China build on the ferry was the last straw. Can't you folks build your own ships?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
That sucks. I have dropped the idea of buying property in CA for good. The China build on the ferry was the last straw. Can't you folks build your own ships?
I worked at the shipyards. Halifax and Dartmouth. I helped launch a dozen ships. It’s all politics.
Your dollar evens things out for you guys. .25 cents on the dollar.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I worked at the shipyards. Halifax and Dartmouth. I helped launch a dozen ships. It’s all politics.
Your dollar evens things out for you guys. .25 cents on the dollar.
Caper
It will be interesting to see if the VA gov results will have any effect on "Brandon". We need term limits.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It will be interesting to see if the VA gov results will have any effect on "Brandon". We need term limits.
Definitely. Give them their pension and kick them out. Up here it’s 6 years and they get a pension for the rest of their life. Close to $100 K. Not bad for doing nothing. I could never be a politician because I’d tell stupid people how stupid they really are. Haha. I guess it got Trump in. We definitely need something different than we have now.
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!