Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure but I don' know of any party lines left but then, who knows.

Currently it's 33.8 on the ground but there are white flakes falling from the sky and melting upon contact with the ground. Forecast high is 39 so not much chance of accumulation. Once the sun shows it's self we'll know if the snow level has dropped over night...sure it did.

Breakfast behind me...News flash...it's 34 and it's rain again.

Forgot...two racks of baby ribs out of the freezer and will be headed to a 225 degree warm-up surrounded by hickory and cherry smoke for about 6 hours. After a couple hours of heavy smoke I'm trying parchment paper wrap to see if it will soak up some of the fat...even though they are pretty lean. Fall apart tender I bet!!
Yummy. Sounds really good. Can I come over. 😊
I watched a show the other night, Moonshiners smoke, something.
It has Tickle going around and getting two well known guys, or girls, that smoke meat. And put them against each other in a smoke off. They had a judge that is famous for his ribs. They smoke for 6 or 7 hours and at night they try it out. The ribs looked really yummy. And rib tips ? I might just learn how to smoke. Haha
My buddy in Alberta smokes everything we eat in the evening after hunting. Damn good.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
It has Tickle going around and getting two well known guys, or girls, that smoke meat. And put them against each other in a smoke off. They had a judge that is famous for his ribs. They smoke for 6 or 7 hours and at night they try it out. The ribs looked really yummy. And rib tips ? I might just learn how to smoke. Haha
My buddy in Alberta smokes everything we eat in the evening after hunting. Damn good.
Caper
History channel I think. Maybe Descovery. Haha
🤷🏻‍♂️
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Moonshiners Smoke Ring
Caper
I smoke 2-3 days in the cold weather, 4 or 5 in the Summer if I'm around to do it. Don't tell anyone but I'm trying to NOT gain weight this Winter. Eggs and ham for breakfast, ribs with beans tonight but not sure about lunch...maybe nachos with pepper jack and an apple. I'm sure it's easier to keep it off than take it off in the Spring. Off to a welding project.

• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Caper
I’ll bring you some proper brisket on hickory for 24 hours….😋

Btw, this year on Curse of Oak Island will be the year they walk away with something in their hands…..😂😂😂

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I smoke 2-3 days in the cold weather, 4 or 5 in the Summer if I'm around to do it. Don't tell anyone but I'm trying to NOT gain weight this Winter. Eggs and ham for breakfast, ribs with beans tonight but not sure about lunch...maybe nachos with pepper jack and an apple. I'm sure it's easier to keep it off than take it off in the Spring. Off to a welding project.
I lost 15 lbs lately but am stuck there. Maybe I’m eating a little more.
Haha
Caper

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I’ll bring you some proper brisket on hickory for 24 hours….😋

Btw, this year on Curse of Oak Island will be the year they walk away with something in their hands…..😂😂😂
I think if they found something worthwhile, it would come out. Just too many people that know. So probably not this year. Definitely good for the community around the Island. They are spending a pile of money.
Caper

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think if they found something worthwhile, it would come out. Just too many people that know. So probably not this year. Definitely good for the community around the Island. They are spending a pile of money.
Caper
Ribs are gone...got tied up welding so no parchment paper...still good and gone anyway.

Hey Monte...24 hours for brisket!! My usual is 12 hours then I need to eat some...not sure I can wait. Are you slaughtering your cows?

• Haha
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Caper
I told you from the beginning and maintain that this is nothing more than a money making show. If people are entertained, god bless go forward. But there will never be anything of significance found…😉

• Haha
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey Monte...24 hours for brisket!! My usual is 12 hours then I need to eat some...not sure I can wait. Are you slaughtering your cows?
Not personally but yes…..
My brisket wins contests…😉

• Love
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Week before last it got down into the 20's, so I proceeded to get the big stove ready. I opened up the doors, the stove is clean, newspaper and kindling ready to light, a few minutes later had a warm fire. Guess last spring I knew I would be itching for a fire come this fall, I forgot I had done this, then it warmed up, dang it!

• Love
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Week before last it got down into the 20's, so I proceeded to get the big stove ready. I opened up the doors, the stove is clean, newspaper and kindling ready to light, a few minutes later had a warm fire. Guess last spring I knew I would be itching for a fire come this fall, I forgot I had done this, then it warmed up, dang it!
It’s been below freezing every d for over a week. I’ve had a fire in the garage every night since.
I spent the day cleaning the garage. Two big garbage bags full. So far.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I love wood heat!

• Love
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s been below freezing every d for over a week. I’ve had a fire in the garage every night since.
I spent the day cleaning the garage. Two big garbage bags full. So far.
Caper
What kind of wood you burn? I burn mostly Oak.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
What kind of wood you burn? I burn mostly Oak.
Mostly Maple up here. We have Rock Maple at the camp. Really good heat. Love wood heat too.
Especially those nights when it’s snowing and blowing outside. Just said today I must put the plow gear on the bike so it will be easy to hook up.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mostly Maple up here. We have Rock Maple at the camp. Really good heat. Love wood heat too.
Especially those nights when it’s snowing and blowing outside. Just said today I must put the plow gear on the bike so it will be easy to hook up.
Caper
We don't snow plow very often. About 8 years ago we got a 24 incher. Learned an important lesson, don't store the blade for the tractor outside, they're hard to find and hook up in 4 foot snow drifts! HA!

• Haha
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We don't snow plow very often. About 8 years ago we got a 24 incher. Learned an important lesson, don't store the blade for the tractor outside, they're hard to find and hook up in 4 foot snow drifts! HA!
I’m hoping I don’t have to hook it up at all. It’s sitting in the garage on the side. Worked good last year.
Caper
CC52A8C7 7230 49C2 9D4A 900327B33D40

• Love
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Caper
Rock Maple is furniture not fire wood!! Same for walnut and cherry!!! There should be a law or at least a sin...repent you sinner!!

• Haha
Reactions: Caper and Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!