Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Any one heard anything from Caper? Looks like he's getting hammered now.
We made out ok. 4” of rain and lots of wind. But we didn’t loose power. Lots did. Cape Breton is getting hit hard. And Newfoundland. But my brother in Margaree said they have had a lot worse storms. I think most of CB is in the dark.
Lots of leaves down around here.
Stuck to everything.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We made out ok. 4” of rain and lots of wind. But we didn’t loose power. Lots did. Cape Breton is getting hit hard. And Newfoundland. But my brother in Margaree said they have had a lot worse storms. I think most of CB is in the dark.
Lots of leaves down around here.
Stuck to everything.
Caper
Prayers answered, you guys are all right! The radar looked like it just missed a little to the east.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Glad you came out OK Caper. Sounds like a little camp and trail clean-up will be in order. Is your camp a hunting or fishing camp or n maybe both? Hope you find it intact and un damaged.
Camp came out great. A lot of places in Cape Breton didn’t. My little tarp garage for the bike when I take it down , has saw better days. But it’s still there. Haha
My dad bought it as a hunting camp after it closed as a one room schoolhouse in 64. We renovated it in 89. We still hunt but it’s mostly a cottage now. It was built in 1870 so it’s seen it’s share of crappy weather.
Most of Cape Breton are still without power, and probably will be for a few days. Camp never lost power. We made out good here too. Didn’t loose power even though a lot of neighbors are still in the dark.
Haha This is the camp from today. My neighbor went and checked on it.
Caper

653DC3EA 5132 4A75 8276 D9B15E955EDE 2A5CF332 64AA 4AC0 8F7A 6012C2BB5AAC

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Glad you came out OK Caper. Sounds like a little camp and trail clean-up will be in order. Is your camp a hunting or fishing camp or n maybe both? Hope you find it intact and un damaged.
Camp came out great. A lot of places in Cape Breton didn’t. My little tarp garage for the bike when I take it down , has saw better days. But it’s still there. Haha
My dad bought it as a hunting camp after it closed as a one room schoolhouse in 64. We renovated it in 89. We still hunt but it’s mostly a cottage now. It was built in 1870 so it’s seen it’s share of crappy weather.
Most of Cape Breton are still without power, and probably will be for a few days. Camp never lost power. We made out good here too. Didn’t loose power even though a lot of neighbors are still in the dark.
Caper
Good to hear you and your family are good @Caper.
Let's hope that everyone else in the path of the storm does just as well.
My buddy has a big beautiful home in River John. Just across from PEI in Nova Scotia. His house is at least 100’ off the water with a big slope down to the water that he had Armor stone, bigger than my truck placed on the slope to prevent erosion. The waves broke windows out and the wind tore off a big section of roof and his back deck is gone. He lives in Calgary. And this is a cottage. Probably 2 million. All 3” pine grove and tongue floors and ceiling, the ceiling is the floor upstairs. Now they will be screwed.
But his place isn’t the only one. I guess were lucky with the camp.
Caper

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Caper

My buddy has a big beautiful home in River John. Just across from PEI in Nova Scotia. His house is at least 100’ off the water with a big slope down to the water that he had Armor stone, bigger than my truck placed on the slope to prevent erosion. The waves broke windows out and the wind tore off a big section of roof and his back deck is gone. He lives in Calgary. And this is a cottage. Probably 2 million. All 3” pine grove and tongue floors and ceiling, the ceiling is the floor upstairs. Now they will be screwed.
But his place isn’t the only one. I guess were lucky with the camp.
Caper
Pictures of the camp didn’t make it so this is the camp earlier today.

C83D56EB 0864 44A8 8585 4E361B86FAEB 9106056C A3C0 4D08 B7B0 721B1FA85A57

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Cape Breton and PEI got hit hard. And along the Northumberland straight. And Newfoundland. A lot of people are hurting tonight. Yup I’m going to the camp next weekend so I’ll see what’s up.
Caper
Please keep us updated and above all stay safe while out in areas with storm damage.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!