BOX1

P700 We're happy too, however a couple comments

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not that many miles on the unit but we've had a chance to put it though a few different situations both on the diverse terrain on our property and the asphalt.

First of all we are thankful to have found a Honda in the first place, they have always been a VERY reliable machine. Debating if I want to sell my 2002 Honda 300 fourtrax, however I could probably sell it for what I paid for it in 2004 or more. It's been a workhorse in so many ways and will miss it.

One thing right off we noticed with the 700 was the turning radius, it seems very wide for it's wheelbase, not as tight as expected. Also the steering ratio seems very high and not very responsive, with that combined with the wide radius make things a little difficult with turning in tight areas. We might have been better off with the 500-520, not sure how they are as well. But the power of the 700 will definitely be utilized.

Also, I sure hope the 3spd with no low range will keep up with the steep hills and pulling a load. I do like how smooth it shifts and how the torque converter can adjust to the the terrain.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Funny different perspectives, I thought the 2019 P700-4 Dlx we have with 27x11s all the way around turns great.
The turn in is nice and quick and the ability to thread between trees on our property is easy and actually fun.
Have you checked the front end alignment?
Mine was toed out 5/8 inch from the dealership.
That could definitely have an impact on several areas.
We pull started a 4k lb Farmall on Saturday with ours and it did just fine. 4000 lbs of cast iron and no issues at all.

Last edited:
HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Funny different perspectives, I thought the 2019 P700-4 Dlx we have with 27x11s all the way around turns great.
The turn in is nice and quick and the ability to thread between trees on our property is easy and actually fun.
Have you checked the front end alignment?
Mine was toed out 5/8 inch from the dealership.
That could definitely have an impact on several areas.
We pull started a 4k lb Farmall on Saturday with ours and it did just fine. 3600 lbs of cast iron and no issues at all.
Yes, alignment good!
I'm going to check today how much you have to turn the wheel for a full turn of the vehicle to determine the ratio.
When you take it at a12 o'clock position to 9 or 3 it's seem to not turn very much at all which would be an understeer.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Don't sell that 300! You'll always regret it. As far as Honda being the best... I do believe they are... but nothing is made like they used to be made and even Honda has fallen in quality over time. That's just life...ask your grandpa.

For heavy pulling I hook up my 86' Fourtrax 350 4x4. I've pulled thousand pound logs with my 700 but it just doesn't feel right doing it. Love the automotive style trans and it will crawl rocks with the best of them but it still just feels like it needs that lower gear.

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It sounds as if you are searching for sport machine handling with utility in mind.
Two very different worlds.
It takes a full 1 and 1/2 turns of the steering wheel for a full turn.

My Kubota B2650 tractor has a tighter turning radius than the 700 and only takes 1 and 1/4 turns, and it's no sport machine 🙃

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
It takes a full 1 and 1/2 turns of the steering wheel for a full turn.

My Kubota B2650 tractor has a tighter turning radius than the 700 and only takes 1 and 1/4 turns, and it's no sport machine 🙃
Bad comparison......Most tractors are designed to turn on a dime at the endrows but, I get you're sayin... ;)

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Within 62 years in my life, might have to throw in I've owned and operate heavy machinery, own several tractors, owned many different off road vehicles from Humvees, trailbikes, street bikes, ATV's other SXS's both utility and performance, raced different types of cars, MX., muscle car collection...on and on and of course each different.

I just had to mention that IMO "From my Review" with everything I've owned and operated, the steering ratio and turning radius could be better. Especially on the trails and around the shop, barn etc. where you need both! If it were a grandmas boat 4dr street car, that would be different and ok.

I'll get used to having to back up, turn, back up and turn again while spinning the wheel around 1 1/2 turns 🤠
Maybe a steering wheel buddy is in order!

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Put the P700 to work today pulling bundles of 16' arborvitae that got ruined from the ice storm to the chipping area.
It pulled hard and strong with good traction.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Put the P700 to work today pulling bundles of 16' arborvitae that got ruined from the ice storm to the chipping area.
It pulled hard and strong with good traction.

I pulled an aprox. 1000lb log on dry turf once with a chain wrapped around it and digging it. Although it wasn't pretty it got it from point A to point B. I promised myself that I'd never do that again though....lol!!

Last edited:
HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I pulled an aprox. 1000lb log on dry turf once with a chain wrapped around it and digging it once. Although it wasn't pretty it got it from point A to point B. I promised myself that I'd never do that again though....lol!!
If you need to do that again, all you need is a skid put under the the front of the log to keep it from "plowing".

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!