What should I bring?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I are considering coming to the 2021 takeover. We have not made reservations yet. How quickly does royal blue cabins full up? My main concern is what should we bring for the trails? For an example, should I have extra parts (cv shafts/tie rods, ect.) Maybe there's a secret swimming hole where swim trunks might be handy. Maybe someone has some upgrade recommendations for me. Our rig is a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe that might have 600 miles on the machine by the time we get to royal blue. The machine has the high lifter arched/forward arms and SuperATV Intimidator 28" tires on vision beadlock wheels. I will have a spare tire/wheel and bumper jack. I have an OEM roof, 30ft tow rope, couple of eagle metal gas cans, 3500lb winch (I think the winch is too small and will be replaced before the takeover), SuperATV flip up windshield. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thank You!

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
My wife and I are considering coming to the 2021 takeover. We have not made reservations yet. How quickly does royal blue cabins full up? My main concern is what should we bring for the trails? For an example, should I have extra parts (cv shafts/tie rods, ect.) Maybe there's a secret swimming hole where swim trunks might be handy. Maybe someone has some upgrade recommendations for me. Our rig is a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe that might have 600 miles on the machine by the time we get to royal blue. The machine has the high lifter arched/forward arms and SuperATV Intimidator 28" tires on vision beadlock wheels. I will have a spare tire/wheel and bumper jack. I have an OEM roof, 3500lb winch (I think the winch is too small and will be replaced before the takeover), SuperATV flip up windshield. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thank You!
Well, you have more than I do or plan to have....

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My wife and I are considering coming to the 2021 takeover. We have not made reservations yet. How quickly does royal blue cabins full up? My main concern is what should we bring for the trails? For an example, should I have extra parts (cv shafts/tie rods, ect.) Maybe there's a secret swimming hole where swim trunks might be handy. Maybe someone has some upgrade recommendations for me. Our rig is a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe that might have 600 miles on the machine by the time we get to royal blue. The machine has the high lifter arched/forward arms and SuperATV Intimidator 28" tires on vision beadlock wheels. I will have a spare tire/wheel and bumper jack. I have an OEM roof, 3500lb winch (I think the winch is too small and will be replaced before the takeover), SuperATV flip up windshield. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thank You!
First things first, get reservations, bring food, drinks, clothing, including rain gear, a tie rod, a good attitude and you will have a blast! You are over thinking this. See you there!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Link to this same question a few years ago:

You should be fine.
I've been many times with a stock p500 (Not so stock anymore).
The take over atmosphere is very newbie friendly.
But, the place is usally booked out well in advance.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
First things first, get reservations, bring food, drinks, clothing, including rain gear, a tie rod, a good attitude and you will have a blast! You are over thinking this. See you there!
Make reservations ASAP!!! A good alternative to the RRB cabins is the Comfort Inn. Right in the middle of everything around there (gas stations, restaurants, etc)

Like smitty said, a tie-rod or two and maybe some rain gear. Most likely you'll be riding with a few people and im sure everyone has somet'n or other if you don't. I would recommend skids if you don't already have some (aftermarket). Save the $$$ on the bigger winch and get skids instead for now I would say. And also a good tire plug kit and compressor is always good to have on you.

Other then that......... Just go with the flow and enjoy. It'll be my first TO also but I've been on a few group rides with forum guys and everyone I've met is awesome!!

2021 TO....... Can't wait!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Make reservations ASAP!!! A good alternative to the RRB cabins is the Comfort Inn. Right in the middle of everything around there (gas stations, restaurants, etc)

Like smitty said, a tie-rod or two and maybe some rain gear. Most likely you'll be riding with a few people and im sure everyone has somet'n or other if you don't. I would recommend skids if you don't already have some (aftermarket). Save the $$$ on the bigger winch and get skids instead for now I would say. And also a good tire plug kit and compressor is always good to have on you.

Other then that......... Just go with the flow and enjoy. It'll be my first TO also but I've been on a few group rides with forum guys and everyone I've met is awesome!!

2021 TO....... Can't wait!!!
We never leave anyone stranded, this is a great bunch! We all talk about how tough a ride the last one we went on, it's all BS, human nature to embellish! Skids are a good idea though. Winch, no worries, there will be plenty of guys with winches, there just for show anyways!

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My wife and I are considering coming to the 2021 takeover. We have not made reservations yet. How quickly does royal blue cabins full up? My main concern is what should we bring for the trails? For an example, should I have extra parts (cv shafts/tie rods, ect.) Maybe there's a secret swimming hole where swim trunks might be handy. Maybe someone has some upgrade recommendations for me. Our rig is a 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe that might have 600 miles on the machine by the time we get to royal blue. The machine has the high lifter arched/forward arms and SuperATV Intimidator 28" tires on vision beadlock wheels. I will have a spare tire/wheel and bumper jack. I have an OEM roof, 30ft tow rope, couple of eagle metal gas cans, 3500lb winch (I think the winch is too small and will be replaced before the takeover), SuperATV flip up windshield. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thank You!
WOW!! You are way more ready then I was my first T.O. First off get those reservations. Without that you are in a bind. Call the folks at Ride Royal Blue and they will get you hooked up. Get a spare tie rod just-in-case. Others will have things if you really get in a bind, but I like to be ready for the "what if" situation. Leave the winch as is and put you money on a good aftermarket skidplate. Bring some food that you can eat on the trail. I was lacking in that dept. but the people you ride with are more than willing to help out. As @Adam490 said get good skids and you have it more than covered. You will have a blast for sure.

#NTC

G

Greyrider

Feb 13, 2017
Hannibal
Ownership

1. 500
I was thinking about coming if I get my 500 ready and was wondering also about camping or at least somewhere a person can drop off his trailer and UTV for the nights so not having to haul them to hotels and leave them in the parking lot overnight.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was thinking about coming if I get my 500 ready and was wondering also about camping or at least somewhere a person can drop off his trailer and UTV for the nights so not having to haul them to hotels and leave them in the parking lot overnight.
Ride Royal Blue has a cpl campgrounds, and the Comfort Inn also has a big lot for trailers. As long as you have your ride insured you can ride pavement everywhere needed for the most part.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Robobrainiac did you get a place to stay for the T.O?

#NTC
No we did not. Unfortunately we won't be able to go this year. We thought about going last year but ended up not going. This year we really put some effort in and got ready for it but my wife landed a nice bid on a big cleaning that will keep us from being able to go during the takeover dates. My wife owns a cleaning business and has been slowly going from residential to commercial and it requires a bit more hands on and after hours cleaning but it's financially a better choice. We plan on doing another vacation in Michigan this year. Whenever we get the chance to go to Ride Royal Blue it will be our first time there.

Tammy50

Tammy50

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2017
Winchester, ky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you
haven't gotten a reservation there is a new campground open called Rock Ridge campground they less than a mile from Royal Blue

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!