CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Update. Got passenger seat sound mat installed, harnesses in, and light bar mounted. FYI dragonfire EVO belts do NOT work in the Honda 2 seat. Sent those back and went with 4.2 PRP and the quality is much better than Dragonfire. The buckles tighten up and loosen up WAY easier than last set. Now its my turn for gauge relocate kit just in time as I am wiring everything up! Thanks Paul!

View attachment 236416 View attachment 236417 View attachment 236418 View attachment 236419

Any feedback on the reflection with the light bar and raised windshield? Does the windshield clip the 'up close' light?

CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
Any feedback on the reflection with the light bar and raised windshield? Does the windshield clip the 'up close' light?

I have not had a chance to test it yet. I will be getting my gauge relocate kit from Paul next week and I will not have the wiring finished for a while because of a hunting trip. I will let you know once I can test it.

Reactions: CID
CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
Finally got around to wiring up accessories and installing my gauge relocate kit. Still not finished but got a lot done.
Also added a voltage gauge with dual usb ports on the passenger side. Gives nice view of voltage and enables you to plug in a usb and stick your phone in glove box or center cubby while charging.

597CB147 E12C 4B27 85B7 94D9DFAA93CD 348F9D2F 8531 4CCE AB8C CA546A808FDF B9505B76 A9CF 4B69 83A5 907FF2479815 467C88F7 F04C 4986 AE5B CE214D390974 E601DC5A 2E8E 4737 BF15 F9EC1C4AF228 F54E615E CBC3 4036 9C68 E4755F674908 DFEF89BF E0B2 4E49 BF13 4937653453F4 A0A79B71 9C15 48BC BD05 1085C683E070

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Finally got around to wiring up accessories and installing my gauge relocate kit. Still not finished but got a lot done.
Also added a voltage gauge with dual usb ports on the passenger side. Gives nice view of voltage and enables you to plug in a usb and stick your phone in glove box or center cubby while charging.

View attachment 238953 View attachment 238954 View attachment 238955 View attachment 238956 View attachment 238957 View attachment 238958 View attachment 238959 View attachment 238967
Ever body loves good pictures. 😍 😍 😍

What backup camera is that, is it wireless, have a link? I find I'm nearly blind backing the Talon. :oops:

Reactions: Mudwing
CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just got to test out the light bar tonight in the dark and there is zero problems with reflection on the superatv tip out while open or closed. Highly recommended.

CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
How does it work at speed? Blochie?
Have not been able to test at speed. I will report back. It is a hardwired camera so as long as the refresh rate and head unit can handle it there shouldn’t be a problem.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have not been able to test at speed. I will report back. It is a hardwired camera so as long as the refresh rate and head unit can handle it there shouldn’t be a problem.
I want a camera, but I have watched so many blotchy vids and don't know what to buy?

CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
I want a camera, but I have watched so many blotchy vids and don't know what to buy?
Main reason for this one is backing up while plowing, and checking to make sure people are coming on the trail. I should be able to test it this afternoon.

CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
Camera seems to work well at speed. Works well enough to see same as you would in a mirror. It actually works better than a mirror at night because you do not get pounding light in the eyes from your buddies light bar...😂

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was tired of watching blotchy videos too, even my own uploaded videos looked like crap - I thought it was Youtube compressing them too much but what I learned - Youtube sees my pathetic DSL speeds and adjusts the video quality to that speed. In the lower right corner of a Youtube video is a gear icon, click on it and pick a higher resolution - you might have to wait for buffering but at least the quality will be watchable.

I just clicked on one of my videos and Youtube downloaded it at 144p even though I uploaded it at 720p. 360p is about as low as I can stand watching and my DSL can usually keep up with that.

I also found out my Garmin RV-770 GPS supports a wireless backup camera, and offers one but reviews complain about its resolution. So I'm taking the GPS in to Car Toys to see if they have a better camera for it.

Sorry about the hijack, C T. 😊

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I was tired of watching blotchy videos too, even my own uploaded videos looked like crap - I thought it was Youtube compressing them too much but what I learned - Youtube sees my pathetic DSL speeds and adjusts the video quality to that speed. In the lower right corner of a Youtube video is a gear icon, click on it and pick a higher resolution - you might have to wait for buffering but at least the quality will be watchable.

I just clicked on one of my videos and Youtube downloaded it at 144p even though I uploaded it at 720p. 360p is about as low as I can stand watching and my DSL can usually keep up with that.

I also found out my Garmin RV-770 GPS supports a wireless backup camera, and offers one but reviews complain about its resolution. So I'm taking the GPS in to Car Toys to see if they have a better camera for it.

Sorry about the hijack, C T. 😊
Thank You!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thank You!
Yer welcome. I figured out why I got 144p (lowest possible) - I was updating my GPS maps, a 15 hour process at my DSL speeds so 'the pipe' was already full and Youtube could see that. Same thing could happen if I was watching Netflix and trying to watch a Youtube, not likely just a 'for instance'. #beers :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
Update on cab intake. It works great for keeping things clean and at speeds less than 40mph. However, I went on a highway cruise with speeds above 50MPH for around 6-7 miles and the noise was quite annoying. SOOOO....with deep regret I am here to let everyone know I do not recommend routing the intake in the cab unless you are wearing helmets and intercoms for riding all the time. I will be re-routing this outside of the cab in some fashion just have not came up with the plan yet.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Update on cab intake. It works great for keeping things clean and at speeds less than 40mph. However, I went on a highway cruise with speeds above 50MPH for around 6-7 miles and the noise was quite annoying. SOOOO....with deep regret I am here to let everyone know I do not recommend routing the intake in the cab unless you are wearing helmets and intercoms for riding all the time. I will be re-routing this outside of the cab in some fashion just have not came up with the plan yet.
fwiw: The mechanical noise in the 3 Talons I've ridden in is painful to me so I'll always be wearing hearing protection anyway. I have a jar of foam plugs that I keep in the Talon so I can't forget them, it's that bad to me.

Did you remove that goofy looking multi chambered air intake plenum? I often wonder how much of this is for intake tuning and how much for noise control? 🤔
I 7HPhcsr L

CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
fwiw: The mechanical noise in the 3 Talons I've ridden in is painful to me so I'll always be wearing hearing protection anyway. I have a jar of foam plugs that I keep in the Talon so I can't forget them, it's that bad to me.

Did you remove that goofy looking multi chambered air intake plenum? I often wonder how much of this is for intake tuning and how much for noise control? 🤔
View attachment 248646
I would say it is 100% for noise control. I did remove it. I don't think there will be an issue with noise once I route the actual air intake portion outside of the cab, the resonance is what makes it annoying; it makes you feel like your inside of a tuner pipe on a CR125.

• Wow
D

Deathcure

Jan 12, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Update. Got passenger seat sound mat installed, harnesses in, and light bar mounted. FYI dragonfire EVO belts do NOT work in the Honda 2 seat. Sent those back and went with 4.2 PRP and the quality is much better than Dragonfire. The buckles tighten up and loosen up WAY easier than last set. Now its my turn for gauge relocate kit just in time as I am wiring everything up! Thanks Paul!

View attachment 236416 View attachment 236417 View attachment 236418 View attachment 236419
What light bar is that I like your setup?

CrosbyTalon

CrosbyTalon

Oct 7, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon X
Its an Amazon light bar. I have used it for quite some time now and seems to be good.

7B5F8316 48A0 4C93 B1AC EFFD9FE1747E

Reactions: TripleB
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!