Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When ya got skillz… I’d agree
Wish I had a little better budget and there was better availability, there’s a couple things I’d like to actually replace. Rear fenders, both door skins (mainly for the factory decals) and the dash would be damn nice.
But she’ll look pretty good and be solid as hell. All that really matters to me.
I’m sure there’s a few things someone can take from this thread to save them money or just get by when something happens. It’s not a money is no object build like some builds, spend where I think it’s necessary and save in other areas.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wish I had a little better budget and there was better availability, there’s a couple things I’d like to actually replace. Rear fenders, both door skins (mainly for the factory decals) and the dash would be damn nice.
But she’ll look pretty good and be solid as hell. All that really matters to me.
I’m sure there’s a few things someone can take from this thread to save them money or just get by. It’s not a money is no object build like some, spend where I think it’s necessary and save in other areas.
Hey your money is no object to me. Buy it all. I’ll watch the build happen. 🤣

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m sure there’s a few things someone can take from this thread to save them money or just get by when something happens. It’s not a money is no object build like some builds, spend where I think it’s necessary and save in other areas.
Most (maybe even all) of the decals are available separately...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Most (maybe even all) of the decals are available separately...

I looked around a little and dug into parts some with friend at local Honda and couldn’t come up with that for this model. Again Paul nice one. Part number helps!

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I looked around a little and dug into parts some with friend at local Honda and couldn’t come up with that for this model. Again Paul nice one. Part number helps!
I have poked around those parts online for almost 3 years so I am kind of getting the hank of it. Seems nothing is labeled the same as a car. Decals are not called decals, logos, emblems, they are called "Mark" on a Talon (go figure). They should supply a translation table.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have poked around those parts online for almost 3 years so I am kind of getting the hank of it. Seems nothing is labeled the same as a car. Decals are not called decals, logos, emblems, they are called "Mark" on a Talon (go figure). They should supply a translation table.
Been looking for those decals since I bought her. IMO it looks stupid without the door decal, white door to the rear quarter being blue. Needs that sticker to tie it together. I’d even contacted Walter from CreativeUtvGraphics that use to make stuff for my Pioneer constantly, he said couldn’t match color. Don’t care about the door scratches but wanted it looking uniform. Will make a couple calls today. Thank you

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do new door skins even come pre decaled or do you have to buy them separately?
That’s what we were discussing. Door skins do come with decals. I could find decals for other models of Talon but not 21 live x. Paul just posted separate decals for that one too.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ordered all needed and damaged decals for 140$ not too bad. Called and they said they were currently available, unlike most things right now. That’s worth it.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ordered all needed and damaged decals for 140$ not too bad. Called and they said they were currently available, unlike most things right now. That’s worth it.
Yay but did you order the correct color (Type)??? That s*** always gets me and I have ordered the wrong color before.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yay but did you order the correct color (Type)??? That s*** always gets me and I have ordered the wrong color before.
Think so. I’m about 90% it’s zb code. Such pita. Many things cross over both directions

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh look more stickers. Windshield kit showed up 2 days after asking about it. Thanks @SuperATV

CF4DBDF3 3CD4 4F1E 8556 50C56B339F7B

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
My machine routinely "grazes" the sand in G-outs and it caved in the little skid on the front bumper (within 1/2" of the winch) so when I was shopping for a skid plate, I wanted one that went more forward and protected the winch too.

The only one I found was the Factory UTV unit. It is about 12" longer up front and "curls" up the front bumper. Kind of like a ski, slides over everything real nice. They do something very similar on their Pioneer skid too.

I'm surprised that no one else does this, it only makes sense...

View attachment 321761

I ordered the FactoryUTV 1/2" skid kit, including rocker panels, about a year ago. They've been sitting in my barn ever since, never opened. But, I'll be installing them within the next month or so. Part of the reason I chose the rather expensive FactoryUTV kit was for the very reason you described above.

Steve

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Oh look more stickers. Windshield kit showed up 2 days after asking about it. Thanks @SuperATV

View attachment 321904

If that is the glass with wiper? You will be happy!! I have the flip up and the full glass. I like the full glass better. I like it so much I think I am gonna get rid of the flip and buy another glass.

advertisement