Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Call rb3 and get the wheel adapters for the wolverine and all 3 can run the same tires and wheels! That's what I did anyway. One 28" spare fits them all.
I’m planning on it I’m always ooking for a black set for that one, just missed some real cheap on FB.
When I sheaved it I set it for 27’s with the dry clutch so I think it’ll be good. Gotta feeling that thing would be potent at St. Marie’s. How you like the 28’s?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Another 3.5hr wash tonight just getting mud off, I’ll detail it tomorrow.
7C5AFE3D 4BBF 4735 89FE 41F908099080

pleased to say that only damage I got this weekend was some more bark in the tires and somehow bent the exhaust tip from @Tramguage1 a little. That’s good news because two big weekends in a row coming next weekend.
And the electrical taped up cv held together. Looks like some parts showing up next two days and some today.
00D6DA06 DF9E 44D5 B25A AE6885D1AA27

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well I checked oil last night and doesn’t seem it used any over last 550 of hard miles I’ve recently put on her. I did not change oil when I bought it and as stupid as I know it is I hadn’t checked differentials.
So tonight she gets some love. Ya ya I know I’ll get some hell from the oil guys but I’m using what I’ve been using in everything.
4E3DC0D8 E87E 46E5 897A 68A16E127C44

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just installed @highpocket74 riser kit. Direct bolt in kit and so far just sitting in it and ripping around the motocross track out back I like it.
Was hesitant because I was already pretty cozy in the Talon but didn’t like the break over angle over the hood view while in the technical stuff. Talon just isn’t good there but I think this’ll help. Actually a little more comfortable so I’m happy so far. Was concerned with headroom as I’m over 6’ and have the headliner with speakers but seems to plenty of room I think. Trail testing in a couple days.

341DC195 40DD 49FC 9D4D 3198DCDF4165

My only complaint was it needs the plastic covers on front seat, I know he’s working on that so I just temporarily glued stock ones down. Could easily be rough on calves without. No biggie for now. Just glad to have an easy fix for the view over hood.

35216F9E C44E 4DD4 AAC5 FBB766DCBBA9

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Just installed @highpocket74 riser kit. Direct bolt in kit and so far just sitting in it and ripping around the motocross track out back I like it.
Was hesitant because I was already pretty cozy in the Talon but didn’t like the break over angle over the hood view while in the technical stuff. Talon just isn’t good there but I think this’ll help. Actually a little more comfortable so I’m happy so far. Was concerned with headroom as I’m over 6’ and have the headliner with speakers but seems to plenty of room I think. Trail testing in a couple days.

View attachment 334752

My only complaint was it needs the plastic covers on front seat, I know he’s working on that so I just temporarily glued stock ones down. Could easily be rough on calves without. No biggie for now. Just glad to have an easy fix for the view over hood.

View attachment 334753
Please keep me posted on what you think about these seat risers. I tried to keep them simple and universal for both Talon front seats. My buddy and I are working on passenger replacement plastic caps. The first ones will almost certainly be 3d printed but he's a guru at that.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Please keep me posted on what you think about these seat risers. I tried to keep them simple and universal for both Talon front seats. My buddy and I are working on passenger replacement plastic caps. The first ones will almost certainly be 3d printed but he's a guru at that.
Ya yell at me when you get that done. Good for now, think I’ll like them. Daughter said she really liked them too. I’ll report back.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh and an update on the 22 dash cluster.
None of the 4 clusters (Pioneer-Talon) will directly plug in. Either by themselves or with the factory pigtails for either machine.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I'll be looking for these to come back in stock to get some! It wouldn't let me put my email in to notify me when they come back available, but that's not a biggie!! Thanks.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'll be looking for these to come back in stock to get some! It wouldn't let me put my email in to notify me when they come back available, but that's not a biggie!! Thanks.
The shop has my order so as soon as they get to cut them and powder coat them I'll be ready to ship. Hardware is to be delivered today. When I get the plastic cover figured out and ready to ship I'll let everyone here know.

Edit: Shop says cutting these around May 27, then bending and paint. Looking at early June to ship. That may give me enough time to figure out the plastic cover replacement.

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m planning on it I’m always ooking for a black set for that one, just missed some real cheap on FB.
When I sheaved it I set it for 27’s with the dry clutch so I think it’ll be good. Gotta feeling that thing would be potent at St. Marie’s. How you like the 28’s?
Runs great with them. And the little extra width makes it super planted.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
One of the things I hate worst on Sxs’s is replacing the cv boots. Normally I just buy new axle because of it but got it done this time. Really trying to stay up with damage on this one.
8E0449B6 C105 4469 8C61 A99FCED74475

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha, I'm with you CP. The only boot bands I've found adequate are the Oetiker's that come stock on the machine, and even they are a pita.

I've used a bad boot or such as an excuse to upgrade to Rhino 2.0s three times now, figuring I'd work on them later and have a backup axle.

I now have a full set of 2.0s on the machine, and a full set of backups. lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ha, I'm with you CP. The only boot bands I've found adequate are the Oetiker's that come stock on the machine, and even they are a pita.

I've used a bad boot or such as an excuse to upgrade to Rhino 2.0s three times now, figuring I'd work on them later and have a backup axle.

I now have a full set of 2.0s on the machine, and a full set of backups. lol
I hate the bands too, wind up just using good hose clamps then offset the bolts on each side. Do that on tie rod boots too. Seems to work fine and much easier to get off later. Pretty sure can do clutches faster and less mess😳 oh well done now.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well…out absolutely giving this b**** hell. I know I b**** about the I-4wd and there’s other machines but not for me. Always said I’m Honda guy, and had more issues then anyone on this site but never sold out. I’m STILL a Honda guy and absolutely love the new machine. Don’t need smoother or easier, none of that matters when throttle down. I love this machine!! No regrets.
no one else was up to going on this particular night ride, f*** it it’s a Honda I’ll get back to camp. Love this machine,I needed this or was going to lose interest. It’s not a half ass machine it wants to rip, after 7 years and 4 Pioneers so do I!
Cheers!! Life is good😍
13141B25 F6E5 4159 84BA D2B40A189785

Last edited:
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well…out absolutely giving this b**** hell. I know I b**** about the I-4wd and there’s other machines but not for me. Always said I’m Honda guy, and had more issues then anyone on this site but never sold out. I’m STILL a Honda guy and absolutely love the new machine. Don’t need smoother or easier, none of that matters when throttle down. I love this machine!! No regrets.
no one else was up to going on this particular night ride, f*** it it’s a Honda I’ll get back to camp. Love this machine,I needed this or was going to lose interest. It’s not a half ass machine it wants to rip, after 7 years and 4 Pioneers so do I!
Cheers!! Life is good😍
View attachment 335187

Is it time for the re-rebuild thread yet? 🤔😁🤣

#NTC

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Cheers!! Life is good😍
View attachment 335187
I hear ya, Brother!! These 6 speed, dual range, paddle shiftin' dirt karts are more fun than should be legal.
x.gif

Always cover yer brake, you never know when the trail's gonna take a bad turn. :oops:

One for the haters -
I dCFqpWw XL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!