Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You know those weekends where your wife is having so much fun driving your Talon that you’d planned for couple hour ride and somewhere about 6 1/2 hours later at 4:30am you run out of fuel? Well that’s how Thursday night started. Not too often someone can say this but we got lucky with a Sheriff that offered ride back 15 miles down rough muddy roads to camp to get fuel, ain’t been too many times I’ve been back there not in trouble.

93DF929B E961 495A 838B D6A80BF707F7

3B9CFF41 2CDD 4BE6 B3AD A8B7C90D80FC

That was awesome after the trip in, one of the more viscous roads we drive, very tight, lots of deep puddles and a massive probably 30% climb that’s curvy, has kelly humps to divert the water even. We tore up the camper a bit and ripped s***ter off. Truck did fine but everything else was sideways so might as well end the night like that. Daughter drove most of the way in except coming on the big hill
D98A1C34 3917 416F A77B 8E883F2E276C

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You know those weekends where your wife is having so much fun driving your Talon that you’d planned for couple hour ride and somewhere about 6 1/2 hours later at 4:30am you run out of fuel? Well that’s how Thursday night started. Not too often someone can say this but we got lucky with a Sheriff that offered ride back 15 miles down rough muddy roads to camp to get fuel, ain’t been too many times I’ve been back there not in trouble.

View attachment 336690

View attachment 336691

That was awesome after the trip in, one of the more viscous roads we drive, very tight, lots of deep puddles and a massive probably 30% climb that’s curvy, has kelly humps to divert the water even. We tore up the camper a bit and ripped s***ter off. Truck did fine but everything else was sideways so might as well end the night like that. Daughter drove most of the way in except coming on the big hill
View attachment 336692
Nice!!!

Yeah it fits better over here😂

NoMo!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sunday night campsite races! What a blast, I went out there for a few laps but was under the weather a bit. My wrecking yard buddy came running up to camp and jumped in the Talon and took off. Ram pretty well even against our experienced turbo Rzr friend. There was always someone doing laps throughout the weekend.
Live Valve works! The Talon was pulling front left at two corners running hard, switched to sport and most all of that went away, was cool to feel difference and it’s huge! Look at it planted about to over take the slower talon.

0C55D0CA E7FC 4E18 BC99 93FE802FA7E3

Didn’t have phone most of weekend as I left it in back of a cruiser, kinda bummed me not taking pics because it was a good crazy weekend, 11 machines not including all the dirt bikes and quads.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Night rides were cool. After my friends RZR got towed into camp with waisted wet belt it became only Honda fest all weekend with even wife and my daughter hitting water. Here was me and another Talon hitting some mud.
Sammy
7478C84C 29F4 420A 97BF 0E028D03375A

Me

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks like y’all had a damn good time CP. I hate ya was under the weather but it still sounds like ya had a blast.
Thank you. Made best of it and had good time. Worst part was being in bed listening to the sounds of the machines fire up. Made it better knowing family wasn’t stuck home because I was.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So you know it doesn't fit with the stock plugs. Any chance if you know if the wiring is the same?
The newer units have an additional pigtail for the cluster the older ones don’t, with or without pigtail it won’t work. I didn’t check wire colors to possibly switch pins out but there’s a couple new features to the ‘22 so assuming that wouldn’t work either. Think you’d need complete harness which usually means there’d be additional switches/sensors/computer to be purchased to plug-n-play, but I got out before that point.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the info. I'd have to see a wiring diagram to the 22 before I went further. So I could see the differences.
If you do decide to go that route yell at me for a ‘22 cluster, I’ll make a great deal on one for you😉

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok so question, got the shift gate and adjusted shifter so as to not have the dreaded bang but it still has been doing it on occasion. From day one I’ve always made sure it said “L” before taking off but still done it on occasion. It’s slightly different then other peoples accounts. She waits between 30-50ft to do it sometimes so I’ve been easy on throttle and will let off a couple times after a shift to low and seems fine doing that.
Last night I over adjusted the cable by about one turn on the adjusting nut and it now says “L” immediately and doesn’t seem to have any issues now, but that changes the rest of the gates where they are all off. My thoughts is to grind a little out of the back of shift gate so it engages a little more solid. I know the Hess shift gate already has a little wiggle room there but thinking a little more might do the trick. Anyone else have to do this?

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ok so question, got the shift gate and adjusted shifter so as to not have the dreaded bang but it still has been doing it on occasion. From day one I’ve always made sure it said “L” before taking off but still done it on occasion. It’s slightly different then other peoples accounts. She waits between 30-50ft to do it sometimes so I’ve been easy on throttle and will let off a couple times after a shift to low and seems fine doing that.
Last night I over adjusted the cable by about one turn on the adjusting nut and it now says “L” immediately and doesn’t seem to have any issues now, but that changes the rest of the gates where they are all off. My thoughts is to grind a little out of the back of shift gate so it engages a little more solid. I know the Hess shift gate already has a little wiggle room there but thinking a little more might do the trick. Anyone else have to do this?
Mine came with the lever adjusted just a bit forward of the neutral gate, not centered. I decided to leave it that way - I think that gives me a lil extra into Low. Notching the gate rearward for an 'extended' Low engagement was one of the first things I saw guys doing when I showed up here. I think it's a sound idea especially since you're having some problems there.

I'm also very careful when using Low, applying throttle gingerly to make sure the dogs have engaged. When possible, I shift into Low at a very slow roll to help the dogs find their position. It's just like rolling a motorcycle back and forth at a stop so it'll shift into gear.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!