Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Also got replacement windshield in, went with grey tinted yet again. Been really enjoying that over the years. Also yet again replaced one and repaired the other A-post front pods. I redriled and slid the pods even more towards inside of the machine, if they rip off again I’m done. Not sure how they are getting torn off, especially on the easy roads we ride lol but it’s getting old. Front end all back together.
1C7E97FC 4156 461B BCE8 DC12E1B51FA9

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Talked with wife for a long time on way up into woods to drop off camper for next weekend.
She hasn’t ridden with me much in the Talon and I’d asked why because she liked other Talons she drove and has driven ours. Apparently she doesn’t like riding passenger in one and was afraid of me driving one. The sport thing I guess. She said she loves the technical but not the speed and Talon is fast. so for some reason even when I’m riding with Pioneers she assumed it was hauling ass,,😳
I explained difference between our old 700 to our 1000. 40 felt fast in 700 yet two weeks after we bought the 1000 she herself was over 50 and this was years ago. I explained how much better the 1000 then 700 at speed and how Talon is same way but much more so. So even if it is hauling ass to a degree it is safer unless it gets away.
Decided to show her. We started off on the dirt road which had big potholes and washboards at about 40. Rode a little rough for bit then bumped up to 50 where she starts to smooth out. She felt pretty cozy. I slowly started getting speed up till over 60 and she started getting nervous other then long easy straight aways.
Showed her the “sport” on the Live suspension how it works and grabbed hard at wheel and brakes at times to show attitude of the machine is much more stable and safer then Pioneer. Towards the end she was very comfortable and never said anything more about speed, just enjoyed ride on the way back. I was clipping right along. She asked to take over wheel and of course, ya it’s hers too. Somewhat lol. She had a great time as did I. Weren’t planning on going anywhere I just wanted to fix this issue before next weekend so that was important. Machine feels good, and the wife is comfortable again. She’s my copilot I need her to be happy, hopefully this helped to fix things some.

AECD274B 89D5 4DC2 8A9B 8B4572919CD1

Last edited:
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Talked with wife for a long time on way up into woods to drop off camper for next weekend.
She hasn’t ridden with me much in the Talon and I’d asked why because she liked other Talons she drove and has driven ours. Apparently she doesn’t like riding passenger in one and was afraid of me driving one. The sport thing I guess. She said she loves the technical but not the speed and Talon is fast. so for some reason even when I’m riding with Pioneers she assumed it was hauling ass,,😳
I explained difference between our old 700 to our 1000. 40 felt fast in 700 yet two weeks after we bought the 1000 she herself was over 50 and this was years ago. I explained how much better the 1000 then 700 at speed and how Talon is same way but much more so. So even if it is hauling ass to a degree it is safer unless it gets away.
Decided to show her. We started off on the dirt road which had big potholes and washboards at about 40. Rode a little rough for bit then bumped up to 50 where she starts to smooth out. She felt pretty cozy. I slowly started getting speed up till over 60 and she started getting nervous other then long easy straight aways.
Showed her the “sport” on the Live suspension how it works and grabbed hard at wheel and brakes at times to show attitude of the machine is much more stable and safer then Pioneer. Towards the end she was very comfortable and never said anything more about speed, just enjoyed ride on the way back. I was clipping right along. She asked to take over wheel and of course, ya it’s hers too. Somewhat lol. She had a great time as did I. Weren’t planning on going anywhere I just wanted to fix this issue before next weekend so that was important. Machine feels good, and the wife is comfortable again. She’s my copilot I need her to be happy, hopefully this helped to fix things some.

View attachment 341013
I know what ya mean cause when my wife rides with me in the krx she likes me to drive under 20 mph but I’d rather her riding with me instead of just riding by myself all the time.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know what ya mean cause when my wife rides with me in the krx she likes me to drive under 20 mph but I’d rather her riding with me instead of just riding by myself all the time.
Ya that’s why I worked a little on it and will continue too. People need to learn give and take, just like getting kids into the sport, you have to design a day they really enjoy. Drinks, the right music, snacks, the right trails even where they sit and who comes along. Find things they’d like to do along the way.
You’re not just bringing someone on your adventure, you are allowing them to live their own. I do things I don’t want to all the time to make sure someone has fun. That’s part of the enjoyment you get back yourself.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

And I think most women are a little scared of this sh** out of the gate bc they have no idea what the machine is comfortably capable of. First time the wife and I came up to a big sand hill I stopped and was putting it in 4wd. She looked surprised and said "you're not actually going to try that are you"? I said yeah and I'm going to make it, why you want out? She cinched her seat belt tight and grabbed the oh sh** bar and said okay then. We made it easy and the next thing she's saying is "let's do that again"! She doesn't flinch anymore unless it's something pretty wicked.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
And I think most women are a little scared of this sh** out of the gate bc they have no idea what the machine is comfortably capable of. First time the wife and I came up to a big sand hill I stopped and was putting it in 4wd. She looked surprised and said "you're not actually going to try that are you"? I said yeah and I'm going to make it, why you want out? She cinched her seat belt tight and grabbed the oh sh** bar and said okay then. We made it easy and the next thing she's saying is "let's do that again"! She doesn't flinch anymore unless it's something pretty wicked.
Mrs 906UP had one of those moments this wkd in the new old 4runner, I inched up to a mudhole that has swallowed many SxSs over the years...... she says "F#cking punch it".....lol.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At last years TO the wife (who is getting more comfortable in the buggy ) was looking down V rock out in Tackett and looking at me and saying “I’m not going down that I’ll walk” to which I replied, you are not walking down that but I can wEnch you down if you want. After some coaching I told her set back hold on and we’ll drop right in real easy and bounce off that big ass rock and ride down the rest of the way easy Peezy. She did great not even one OH SHlT!!! or nothing… after that she was fine.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just got back from checking on the camper and the talon, and I want to know who in the hell parked a JAH way the hell out in the woods of Idaho at my campsite? We’re going to have a serious talk when I get back out there Wednesday! 🤣😍

ADFE2BAC 3E66 4E01 B94A B5BE40C49F73

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
About to put some miles on boys. Both machines filled ready to go, Talon is at camp with extra fuel there, 50 gallons in cans. FJB!

5560913C 5C02 4E04 9BDB 1B24E6A3FE42

DD752419 4401 48D0 8AC1 C6713E84391D

Father and daughter team going in, 12 in a row makes um go.

DD3546F3 C8D8 4C2C 8765 A8635C86F507

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks like a race.
I’d put your money on papa. An additional 400 torque and stability for days😉
Wish we were headed up together. Actually my daughter has to work till 11 tomorrow so she’ll be driving in directly from work.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!