Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Had a great Wife Bday and Father’s Day ride. Laid down about 170 miles. Towed friends Pioneer probably 30 of them because the o2 sensor fell out and treads were toast so it was loud and running funny. Talon towed it just fine.
Did notice the left tie rod pretty bent, upper ball joint done and right front wheel bearing is junk. Not sure what else. Got the big zip ties and fixed stuff all over before the trip, I try not to litter lol. She’s getting pretty noisy my wife noticed, needs some love really soon but she was again trustworthy. Friend put 33’s on his Talon, I’m a little jealous but just don’t have the extra cash right now. Really liked it though
IMG 2829
IMG 2830
IMG 2832
IMG 2833
IMG 2834
IMG 2835
IMG 2841
IMG 2840
IMG 2839
IMG 2843
IMG 2844
IMG 2842

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh and as a side note the Talons got much better fuel mileage then the Pioneers. Like 50% better, even the 4-door. Was surprised

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Taller tires, longer pencil, straighter muffler? Nomo
Both Pioneers have same size as two Talons and one
Talon had 33. Pioneers were blinking fuel lights when Talons 4-5 bars. Said and done Pioneers took 4 gallons more on same trip. Just an observation I wouldn’t have thought

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Both Pioneers have same size as two Talons and one
Talon had 33. Pioneers were blinking fuel lights when Talons 4-5 bars. Said and done Pioneers took 4 gallons more on same trip. Just an observation I wouldn’t have thought
That is strange, I thought taller tires affecting final drive ratio.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well been awhile since I’ve posted so figured on update. Front brakes are absolutely shot and after this weekends ride it’ll need rotors. Still running on broken low range.
Replaced air filter, it’s original and has 5300 on it. A lot of miles considering where and how the Talon has been ridden. But, it was f***ed up! Runs a little better now!
She is still doing ok.
IMG 4107

Bit warm lately so finally broke down and got a half windshield, dealt with the heat last year and up to now with full glass but over it. Bought Tusk, it was cheapest out there. Going to break anyways.
IMG 4103

And finally picked up some whips. Bought Boss, they seemed real tough and are easily removable. Also folding mounts and only went 2ft, I’ve had probably over 12 sets between all the machines and doubt any have lasted over a month or two regardless of what I do. Really trying on this one on where I mounted, size and everything else🙏🏻🙏🏻

IMG 4104
IMG 4106

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Well been awhile since I’ve posted so figured on update. Front brakes are absolutely shot and after this weekends ride it’ll need rotors. Still running on broken low range.
Replaced air filter, it’s original and has 5300 on it. A lot of miles considering where and how the Talon has been ridden. But, it was f***ed up! Runs a little better now!
She is still doing ok.
View attachment 397431

Bit warm lately so finally broke down and got a half windshield, dealt with the heat last year and up to now with full glass but over it. Bought Tusk, it was cheapest out there. Going to break anyways.
View attachment 397428

And finally picked up some whips. Bought Boss, they seemed real tough and are easily removable. Also folding mounts and only went 2ft, I’ve had probably over 12 sets between all the machines and doubt any have lasted over a month or two regardless of what I do. Really trying on this one on where I mounted, size and everything else🙏🏻🙏🏻

View attachment 397429View attachment 397430
Once upon a time, I'd have been horrified by that filter but not anymore. Most heavy equipment uses pleated filters in environments as bad as the Talon's and they do just fine. Guys are replacing their filters much too often IMO. I love my snorkel and oiled foam prefilter but I'm not sure it would last in your environment. :oops: The advantage to a snorkeled prefilter is that you can see it without taking the stock airbox nightmare apart (and hoping you don't cause a leak) - and change it with a spare in minutes.

I also believe that guys clean their foam filters too soon. This was filthy at 600 miles IIRC. :eek: The problem is that the primitive FI on our Talons doesn't sample and adjust when running, it only samples just before start-up, not when the engine is running so it can't lean out when the airflow is restricted, its only knowledge is the preset mapping. :(
I KRxxBDV X2

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Once upon a time, I'd have been horrified by that filter but not anymore. Most heavy equipment uses pleated filters in environments as bad as the Talon's and they do just fine. Guys are replacing their filters much too often IMO. I love my snorkel and oiled foam prefilter but I'm not sure it would last in your environment. :oops: The advantage to a snorkeled prefilter is that you can see it without taking the stock airbox nightmare apart (and hoping you don't cause a leak) - and change it with a spare in minutes.

I also believe that guys clean their foam filters too soon. This was filthy at 600 miles IIRC. :eek: The problem is that the primitive FI on our Talons doesn't sample and adjust when running, it only samples just before start-up, not when the engine is running so it can't lean out when the airflow is restricted, its only knowledge is the preset mapping. :(
View attachment 397438
I do run prefilter as well. My local friend was changing filters every about every 250 miles prior to mine, I wasn’t going to deal with that so ordered us both one. I’ve only washed if a few times but smack the dirt out every so often

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!