CP’s Talon Rebuild

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ya… it’s gone and owner doesn’t know where. I’m pretty positive it’s pushed off the mountain. I don’t think really anyone was willing to get in there and recover it, especially without a key. It would’ve had to be running not only to get out of there but to go around cliff side someone cannot tow a vehicle. The last known pic was from a couple dirt bikes, it was said to be barely resting on a small tree was it. I’m sure it’s a pile of broken parts 2000 ft down the hill. I would’ve went back up there but I wanted a signed paper saying I wasn’t held responsible in case of problems, he wasn’t willing to do that. Last thing I wanted was to be tied to it and loose two machines at my cost. f*** that.
Would be incredibly stupid to steal it anyways, it’s by far the most well known sxs in Idaho, the old man posted several times over last couple months on every site several times. So I just don’t see that.
This weekend we’re camped about 20 miles from that spot so I’ll go in and check it out, I’ll have my drone to fly over the edge and look for it.

View attachment 397439View attachment 397440
Matts off-road when in and got it

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Matts off-road when in and got it
Ya I just heard a little about it this weekend. I guess Sheriff's Dept is aware of it, there are keeping it under the abandonment law which is kinda s***ty but the guy did post everywhere about it and once coordinates are out it’s over. Hell we were going to do it free just needed a signature.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Keep us posted on the details. Hopefully they will get it back to him. 💩‘tty if they don’t. I’m sure he’d pay something to get it back…that’s sorta fair I think.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Keep us posted on the details. Hopefully they will get it back to him. 💩‘tty if they don’t. I’m sure he’d pay something to get it back…that’s sorta fair I think.
Ok he’s the story I was given, I just talked to the owner.
Apparently a group went in and hot wired the rig on 4th July weekend. Put about 50 miles on it and word got out who had it. It was moved to another location where they filed a lien against it but shortly after that the Sheriffs dept went in and recovered it without issues. It was brought over by flatbed to the original owner without charge. He’s left replacing the windshield and ignition.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok he’s the story I was given, I just talked to the owner.
Apparently a group went in and hot wired the rig on 4th July weekend. Put about 50 miles on it and word got out who had it. It was moved to another location where they filed a lien against it but shortly after that the Sheriffs dept went in and recovered it without issues. It was brought over by flatbed to the original owner without charge. He’s left replacing the windshield and ignition.
Better than a total loss. I hope that’s accurate and he got it back. Stuff like this hits my heart.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Better than a total loss. I hope that’s accurate and he got it back. Stuff like this hits my heart.
Ya says he’s getting her fixed back up. Said can’t wait to get back out but he’ll stay in a group that knows where they are going. He made a couple mistakes but him and his wife are very nice people.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well she’s all cleaned up. Marketplace add will be: low mileage adult owned well maintained Talon. Nothing but Idaho dirt roads, I know what I got no lowball offers.

IMG 4305
IMG 4306

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Last weekend was rough one. She rolled once in the woods and tipped over once on the forest service road. That one I had up on two wheels for about 40ft at 45mph set back down nicely and thought I could do it again, apparently I couldn’t she landed hard and slid about 35ft. No harm no foul, scuffed up the roof was only additional damage.
IMG 4307

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I did replace the pads before last weekends ride, they were completely shot down to metal. Lasted well over 5k so ain’t bad. Didn’t have the astronomical cash to get Honda so I bought cheapies, 32$ all way around and they fit just fine. Actually went with Pioneer ones. Figured f*** it my rotors were damaged so I’ll use these to recondition the rotors. Don’t care if they last as long it only took 10 min to change out and they weren’t even the tax on the factory ones.
They work great so far! Much better then what it had lol.

IMG 4308

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Also @Adam490 those whip mounts are nice. I leave the adjuster a little loose so light doesn’t snag so bad as well as not screwing the power connector together. I did get into a bad situation with um when I dropped through the brush 6ft into a swamp and somehow something grabbed it and released the quick detach. It fell off but no harm no foul just clicked it back in. Might be able to keep a set on this machine with those. I’ll report back😉

IMG 4309

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Also @Adam490 those whip mounts are nice. I leave the adjuster a little loose so light doesn’t snag so bad as well as not screwing the power connector together. I did get into a bad situation with um when I dropped through the brush 6ft into a swamp and somehow something grabbed it and released the quick detach. It fell off but no harm no foul just clicked it back in. Might be able to keep a set on this machine with those. I’ll report back😉

View attachment 398420
Have you ever thought about the Sherman kit? HA HA!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got within 2 miles of the Canadian border today with an ol friend. Went up to see 100Acre and finally check out his new place, really nice spot. Explored around the beautiful area, rained some and couldn’t have been happier. Smell of the trees and nature came back from the recent forest fire smoke. Very nice day

IMG 4314
IMG 4313
IMG 4317
IMG 4321
IMG 4318
IMG 4323
IMG 4326

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!