Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So I guess the rumors are true about him eh?......... 🤔 what's that saying.......after hanging with CP, it hurts to pee!!....... 🤦‍♂️Wait, no that's not it 😬😂
Ya but it was fun till then right?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What a weekend! Labor Day is always eventful

IMG 5131
IMG 5133
IMG 5132
IMG 5129
IMG 5134
IMG 5135
IMG 5136
IMG 5137
IMG 5140
IMG 5145
IMG 5146
IMG 5147

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
After this weekend I’ll never ride in a Polaris group again. Them guys rode at 20mph on some of the nicest dirt roads I’d seen and called it riding. We were at the premier crawling venue of the area and no one did anything. Even the mud pit was empty, one other guy showed up so it wasn’t ran. He wound up going anyway and took over a minute and a half through on a turbo Rzr, my daughter jumped in Talon and hit it in 17 seconds🤣
We were the only ones to hit Turtle Rock which is a large rock section for bouncers. No one hit any of the hill climbs or technical stuff.
Well anyways we came we saw and we left early. I did have a great Friday night ride with daughter and we had a good Saturday morning. That girl can ride!
was cool to overlook Canada from the hills, that is the group pic. Rest are my daughter riding except for the wheel stand up Turtle Rock lol. JAH
IMG 5372
IMG 5370
IMG 5371
IMG 5375
IMG 5379
IMG 5380
IMG 5387

IMG 5385

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great weekend. Daughter asked us to come up and go riding in an old favorite spot, of course we’d come up. She took the Pioneer and off we went. Wife drove Talon half the day. It’s weird because I never felt totally comfortable riding shotgun in Pioneer with her but in the Talon I just kick back and enjoy the ride.
IMG 5520
IMG 5522
IMG 5523
IMG 5532
IMG 5544
IMG 5543
IMG 5550
IMG 5570
IMG 5573
IMG 5577
IMG 5578
IMG 5579

IMG 5840

Last edited:
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CP - from what I've seen, you keep the suspension and tire at or pretty near stock on your machines. And you run them pretty hard in rough stuff...

Care to share your thinking on this?

Reactions: Buggyman
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
CP - from what I've seen, you keep the suspension and tire at or pretty near stock on your machines. And you run them pretty hard in rough stuff...

Care to share your thinking on this?
The closer to stock you run the less leverage obstacles can apply to the machine to rip it apart. I’ve tried a few different combinations on Pioneers and wound up just going back to stock. Only thing I kept was forward arched a arms but couldn’t keep stock axles in it, had to run 2.0.
Even though a lot of times larger tires help to get over things you cannot put same stress on the machine because of the added weight and force they require. I’ve seen it time after time locally where people have far more issues with larger. Larger, offsets, spaced out or more ply is more stress, little I’d do but never a combination.
Even though most those promote better ride or more stability it seems to cause other issues for us. Stuff we ride through isn’t the norm and I know that so just try to keep things tight. Even factory wider machines just aren’t as strong, say a Talon R even though it’s not much wider has a far greater chance of not making it back to camp, even if we rode 4” wider trails. The narrower the machine generally the tougher it is.
We have been lucky to have kept the running gear under the machines as of late, some of that is getting use to how to put machines through the woods and some is leaving it the f*** alone. Keeping running gear together is the biggest priority. No one in our group can afford to be constantly replacing stuff. Not to mention time down sucks. That’s why we’ve started leaving things alone. If it breaks then possibly find alternative.
Wow that was long lol.

Last edited:
advertisement
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, appreciate your take.

This P1K5 is my first SxS, and while I like it built bigger with 30s and a TTC 3" kit - I've begun to recognize over the 12K miles that what I've done has been hard on driveline parts. Especially the Rhino 2.0 axles. I'm replacing too many of them. Some run a good long time and others barely a while, so I kind of think it's more of a quality problem with the axles. But I recognize they're running at big angles.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well I shattered my back window a while back, wound up taking it out months ago because I couldn’t see s*** out the back. Kind of a problem in heavy woods.
With winter fast approaching I had to address the problem. Something I thought about since I first installed the back glass was a vented window. Been looking at pickup, canopy and camper glass. Most trucks are too large, Mazda b series was perfect except I found the curve in glass won’t work. Early Mitsubishi and Dodge D50 fits great however it looked too outdated.
Measured multiple mini truck canopies and most are on the money, I wanted a single glass slider for better view out the mirror however I didn’t like the much smaller opening they allow.
Finally found what I was looking for today. Actually much lighter than the solid glass that was previously in it because the glass doesn’t need to be nearly as thick in small sections like a slider. Easy install, there’s still a bunch out there, if one section gets f***ed up it’s unbelievably cheap to replace and the kicker was it was 20$😉 plus we can easily boot empties into the box now.
IMG 5839
IMG 5837

IMG 5862

Last edited:
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I shattered my back window a while back, wound up taking it out months ago because I couldn’t see s*** out the back. Kind of a problem in heavy woods.
With winter fast approaching I had to address the problem. Something I thought about since I first installed the back glass was a vented window. Been looking at pickup, canopy and camper glass. Most trucks are too large, Mazda b series was perfect except I found the curve in glass won’t work. Early Mitsubishi and Dodge D50 fits great however it looked too outdated.
Measured multiple mini truck canopies and most are on the money, I wanted a single glass slider for better view out the mirror however I didn’t like the much smaller opening they allow.
Finally found what I was looking for today. Actually much lighter than the solid glass that was previously in it because the glass doesn’t need to be nearly as thick in small sections like a slider. Easy install, there’s still a bunch out there, if one section gets f***ed up it’s unbelievably cheap to replace and the kicker was it was 20$😉 plus we can easily boot empties into the box now.
View attachment 403583View attachment 403584
Excellent idea. I've been thinking of doing something like this. I'm tired of the soft panels zippers busting out on me and I won't pay what they want for a hard panel. Did you get it out of a small truck canopy?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Excellent idea. I've been thinking of doing something like this. I'm tired of the soft panels zippers busting out on me and I won't pay what they want for a hard panel. Did you get it out of a small truck canopy?
Ya. Pioneer could take full size, plus some of full size are 90deg sides rather then angled which would be better for Pioneer. Also most screw mount rather than rubber gasket. I wish I had just built complete setup to begin with, way cheaper. It’s just flat steel bent. Piece of cardboard would make quick template

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya. Pioneer could take full size, plus some of full size are 90deg sides rather then angled which would be better for Pioneer. Also most screw mount rather than rubber gasket. I wish I had just built complete setup to begin with, way cheaper. It’s just flat steel bent. Piece of cardboard would make quick template
Thanks. I actually have a smashed canopy out in the back yard that a tree fell on. I just can't remember if the glass or frame took a hit or not. Shouldn't be hard to find though. Now you got my wheels turning.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks. I actually have a smashed canopy out in the back yard that a tree fell on. I just can't remember if the glass or frame took a hit or not. Shouldn't be hard to find though. Now you got my wheels turning.
I got mine from a pull your own part yard. But people giving free canopies away all the time. Also can buy the Honda roll bar clamps pretty reasonably

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great weekend! Explored a couple towns and trails we’ve never been on. Still amazes me on how many 1000’s of miles we’ve been on and still not close to what’s out there.
Went to a bunch of bars from the late 1800’s, one started off as a guy digging a gold mine in his bedroom. The bar put plexi over top and it’s still in the middle of the bar. Lotta miles, good lunch and great friends. Had an awesome time.
IMG 5878
IMG 5877
IMG 5881
IMG 5885
IMG 5964
IMG 5966
IMG 5967
IMG 5968
IMG 5971
IMG 5972
IMG 5925
IMG 5953
IMG 5951
IMG 5983
IMG 5985
IMG 5978
IMG 5973
IMG 5965
IMG 5960
IMG 5912
IMG 5906
IMG 5896

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ha - the Talon with "SOCIAL DISTANCE" in the windshield. That's about the time I bought the Pioneer, just in time to get away from the Branch Covidians and put some real distance between them and myself.

Awesome pics.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ha - the Talon with "SOCIAL DISTANCE" in the windshield. That's about the time I bought the Pioneer, just in time to get away from the Branch Covidians and put some real distance between them and myself.

Awesome pics.
With Washington shut down we just spent more time in Idaho. We were never sucked into that bulls***, didn’t exactly see a mask around the campfire lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!