P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

CumminsPusher submitted a new Garage Item:

CumminsPusher-The new ride

View attachment 16840
Everyone it's done the wait is over. Our do over has started! Looks awfully naked and clean. Time to change that. ITS HERE:) Thank you to everyone for putting up with me lately and again thanks for all the support you have no idea what it means to my family.Ill never forget this.It's not what it once was but will be. Back up and running however the long process of rebuilding the ultimate woods machine for our family and friends begins now. Thank you all!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
View attachment 16841

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You running wheel spacers?

Nope. Look at the shock though. It's got to be faced inward. Sucks but still plenty of room. Not wanting to run spacers it puts more stress on everything imo. We'd have a hard time getting through where we normally ride without falling a few. 451f2ceb40ed6563b9ec72b1a0e499a8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
T
damn all the cool s**t I can't afford...hate to put more in it... maybe my Talon will be here next year and I could trade a kid or something
I've been selling s*** left and right lol. I've still got one questionable kid...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Next project is replacing the small spool 4500 that's been on 4 different sxs's with a new one to her. Got the Warn ProVantage 4500 wide spool and hopefully that'll hold some more of the 5/16 synthetic on the way. Since all the wiring is already designed for a 4500 it's a direct swap so just ordered the unit itself for 1/3 the money.

It would be way cheaper for someone to do this and buy everything separately especially if running synthetic. Winch 195, contractor is 20 wireless remote is 10, wires probably 20 and rope is 20. That's 265 for Warn 4500pv with synthetic. Pretty good lol.
IMG 8808

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
3/4 too far out for what?
If the shocks are placed with the reservoir out it gets into the tire by that much. Simply turning it 180deg fixed that. The dial isn't quite as easy to reach but still not a big deal.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's what I thought you meant..

If someone was running spacers they will go. The Highlighter lift kit pushes the shocks outward as well as lifts which I like as it stabilizes the rig more but creates interface. That's what we were all wondering.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Nope. Look at the shock though. It's got to be faced inward. Sucks but still plenty of room. Not wanting to run spacers it puts too much stress on everything imo. We'd have a hard time getting through where we normally ride without falling a few. 451f2ceb40ed6563b9ec72b1a0e499a8

Did adding the rears increase lift height? I can see from the initial settings it can be raised, so my question is... do you think removing HL lift and tighten spring compression could get it back up?
Also, UPS has my rear offset arms on the way so should have them by tomorrow to do some testing and measuring to show options for lift!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Next project is replacing the small spool 4500 that's been on 4 different sxs's with a new one to her. Got the Warn ProVantage 4500 wide spool and hopefully that'll hold some more of the 5/16 synthetic on the way. Since all the wiring is already designed for a 4500 it's a direct swap so just ordered the unit itself for 1/3 the money.

It would be way cheaper for someone to do this and buy everything separately especially if running synthetic. Winch 195, contractor is 20 wireless remote is 10, wires probably 20 and rope is 20. That's 265 for Warn 4500pv with synthetic. Pretty good lol.
View attachment 36191

That's a great price! Paid almost $800 for mine with steel cable

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did adding the rears increase lift height? I can see from the initial settings it can be raised, so my question is... do you think removing HL lift and tighten spring compression could get it back up?
Also, UPS has my rear offset arms on the way so should have them by tomorrow to do some testing and measuring to show options for lift!
Yes 1/2in raise. I think you could go a little more, there is an inch of sag but I don't think you get as much as lift kit I'd be concerned it may get stiff and you do want some sag. That's great because now we'll know a couple options.
I may back out the amount extra that they give to the machine so it'll even ride smoother because I know the Highlighter adds stiffness but just got to see how this feels with all four first, my machine may require the extra. Did just install without adjusting at all.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's a great price! Paid almost $800 for mine with steel cable
Yes this I'd like to emphasize because people can save a ton and get a great winch. I did pretty good on the one I'm taking out but nothing to this degree. I'll probably do a parts list just to see exactly how much. Save on wiring too with the wireless system. I got one of the cheapest wireless and haven't tried it but Joey and Delton both say it'll be good so that says something already.

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes this I'd like to emphasize because people can save a ton and get a great winch. I did pretty good on the one I'm taking out but nothing to this degree. I'll probably do a parts list just to see exactly how much. Save on wiring too with the wireless system. I got one of the cheapest wireless and haven't tried it but Joey and Delton both say it'll be good so that says something already.
Cool I've always heard Warn was the best. 4 wheeling I'd always had buddies around and when the cheap winch broke we just made due. SxS is just a little heavy for calling on a push lol

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I try to watch for good deals, but in my old age i dont have the patience i once did! Now that little voice says... Do it!

Reactions: popeye and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cool I've always heard Warn was the best. 4 wheeling I'd always had buddies around and when the cheap winch broke we just made due. SxS is just a little heavy for calling on a push lol
Well I'm not going to try to say it's the best because there are others that are good as well but I do know that Warn has been around awhile and don't skimp. The ProVantage is a good one and if you can get it for same money or close it makes sense.
But like I said this is my opinion and haven't used other brands so I can't comment on them Im positive a couple are good based off of comments.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!