image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
1200 watt super capacitor. I had it running all of the accessories worked pretty well actually. But I'm tired of the lights dimming with bass hits (maybe 500 rms too much:)) so I'm pulling it out running my standard dual battery and tagging directly to the amp. Need tunes but it looks cheesy to when anything dims. It'll be a great bump for the winch as well. But dammit I decided to clean things up and add a Bluetooth light controller that I bought forever ago for some of the lighting. It's a mess before it gets better! I REALLY miss the bigger stator that was in the red one.

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not sure yet on whether the axle angle feels good. My only test was jumping on the rear receiver and checking to see if it still fit in the garage, but @Delton can probably jump in here. No, you can not Lower the system from what I can tell. The brackets simply move the upper shock mount to an outer position.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
All or nothing! I'm hoping I can drop the suspension sone day for shocks but I like what was said about the high lift sounds like us. I hope it's not less stable as Delton said
if it is it is reason to replace rims and tires for wider! I also like the idea of running same size tire and rim all around! When I do that I will consider the spare tire mount!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure yet on whether the axle angle feels good. My only test was jumping on the rear receiver and checking to see if it still fit in the garage, but @Delton can probably jump in here. No, you can not Lower the system from what I can tell. The brackets simply move the upper shock mount to an outer position.
That rear angle is steep! I measured it once and it was somewhere around 32 or 34 degrees. Haven't had any problems with CV joints though. I've probably got 600 or so miles on it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
if it is it is reason to replace rims and tires for wider! I also like the idea of running same size tire and rim all around! When I do that I will consider the spare tire mount!

I do like the idea of running one size with rear spacers

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: pct and Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That rear angle is steep! I measured it once and it was somewhere around 32 or 34 degrees. Haven't had any problems with CV joints though. I've probably got 600 or so miles on it.

Good enough! Thank you guys for helping to make me comfortable. Nice to hear how much Delton loves his and damn you Eltobi for making me do this! Stage 3 I guess. Can't wait to have skids again the underside is so damaged!

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Good enough! Thank you guys for helping to make me comfortable. Nice to hear how much Delton loves his and damn you Eltobi for making me do this! Stage 3 I guess. Can't wait to have skids again the underside is so damaged!

Sent from iPhone
Just replaced factory skids, between running around getting parts and buddies interrupting the project I have got it complete this much...Image
Still have to add drain holes, trim edges, add a front piece, (considering adding side wings for more protection) this is the rear looking forward!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Really nice work you've always impressed me! How much time do you have in that? Were you able to trace a little off of factory? I really coinsidered doing that we had to do something immediately! This is just some of the damage from the woods and she's only a couple months old. I'm pretty sure we get deep. I normally talk about something for a bit then fire the gun and all the talk about skids made me realize how important it is. Sss looks like a good system but I would be happy with anything. We had skids on the red one but my dumb ass forgot to pull them! Image

Last edited:
advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the compliments! I'm not half as skilled as you and some of the guys in here, but give me a little duck tape and chicken wire and I'll get'er done!;)
Definitely looks like the skids are going to money well spent! Mine looks similar with dents all over! Used @joeymt33 's trick to get the bend for the rear toward the hitch! Used the old skid as template for rear section, marked holes, measured to front of frame, and cut to length, put skid in place using rear holes, then measured and marked hole location to be drilled, used a scrap board as spacer and drilled remaining front holes, and added bolts, center front spacer roughly 5/8 above skid (used plastic flat spacers for this!) used 1 1/4" 6mm bolt here which was more than long enough. Going to research best install for side sections!:D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bulls*** I've seen your work! You do excellent

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: Delton and pct
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
When do you know it's time to swap out your 12 sub? This is when. Still working but it's not crisp like it was. Good thing I had a pair!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Something to be said about old Fosgate amps as well! When the top of the speaker let loose it allowed water into the box. The amp sits at bottle and there was an inch Idaho clay and water surrounding the amp. Still works great! Omg! Newer amps just don't take that.
06749dddf64cb92bf789a431d0c40892Bf23343b2229f9b104d99c78c7fd75e6
Here's after I poured the water out

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 21138 View attachment 21139 View attachment 21139 View attachment 21140 View attachment 21141 View attachment 21142 View attachment 21143 View attachment 21145 View attachment 21146 Really nice work you've always impressed me! How much time do you have in that? Were you able to trace a little off of factory? I really coinsidered doing that we had to do something immediately! This is just some of the damage from the woods and she's only a couple months old. I'm pretty sure we get deep. I normally talk about something for a bit then fire the gun and all the talk about skids made me realize how important it is. Sss looks like a good system but I would be happy with anything. We had skids on the red one but my dumb ass forgot to pull them! View attachment 21144
Hey CP, a guy once told me you can use a soldering gun to fix that hole in the floor and it worked!!:)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Something to be said about old Fosgate amps as well! When the top of the speaker let loose it allowed water into the box. The amp sits at bottle and there was an inch Idaho clay and water surrounding the amp. Still works great! Omg! Newer amps just don't take that.
View attachment 21173View attachment 21174
Here's after I poured the water out

Sent from iPhone
:eek:Any ideas on what to do to keep it from happening again? I was thinking maybe something like flexseal to waterproof? Not sure if it would effect sound quality. I am sure there is a product out there!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well that speaker has been in 3 different rigs and has been great. What happened this time is icovered the area up under the seat so it doesn't get washed and sprayed off. It was fine when I insulated now a month later done. I don't like the idea of not being able to clean in there so I won't run the cover again. I'll do a fan later

Sent from iPhone

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put skid on before I could do much damage to the underside. But I bet I can match just about anyone with wheel damage lol. Poor things, you'd never know they were just a few months old lol.

DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
I put skid on before I could do much damage to the underside. But I bet I can match just about anyone with wheel damage lol. Poor things, you'd never know they were just a few months old lol.

@Delton I might have you beat on wheel and tire damage.

Sent from jokers ally

advertisement