image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 29839
Just in case someone wanted to know what was inside a Honda tailgate.
Sometimes the best ideas come from insanity, sometimes not. Quick little project so we'll see how this one goes lol. No money after Xmas so I guess this is what happens. Going to bring in piece to work tomorrow to finish up real quickly.
Ooo ooo ooo...My turn... It's going to be... A new muffler cover? Or maybe the wings to your Batman outfit;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm betting paint. Lol

Ya. I didn't want to paint my current gate because you need to get rid of the texture so it'll look good and I wanted it to resemble the panels on the side of the vehicle so I figured with this panel I'll sand and prime out all the texture and give it kind of a factory look I'm hoping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Ya. I didn't want to paint my current gate because you need to get rid of the texture so it'll look good and I wanted it to resemble the panels on the side of the vehicle so I figured with this panel I'll sand and prime out all the texture and give it kind of a factory look I'm hoping

Keep @drfubar away from it. He'll spray paint it red with that rattle can.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Keep @drfubar away from it. He'll spray paint it red with that rattle can.
Rattle can is fine for lots but I prefer a big gun as my hand is carpal tunneled to fit one lol. I've sprayed around 200000 cars so Im comfortable with the gun.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7958
IMG 7959
Also I figured the roof needed a little something so last night I smoothed out some of the texture and squirted the center I'm not positive if I like it yet I may go back but I still don't have my Honda decal for the center and that might just tie it in right like I was hoping. Hopefully this looks like a factory decal when I'm done

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7964
IMG 7965
Got the rear panel sanded a little then scuffed heavily with alcohol (no @drfubar not your type) and primed up. The edges need smoothed out because this was just rough cut but I'm time limited today as we're busy at work so main objective was primer. 3 heavy coats butitll probably require another couple to get everything out and smooth. Gives idea though how bad it would look if texture was left.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 29866 View attachment 29867 Got the rear panel sanded a little then scuffed heavily with alcohol (no @drfubar not your type) and primed up. The edges need smoothed out because this was just rough cut but I'm time limited today as we're busy at work so main objective was primer. 3 heavy coats butitll probably require another couple to get everything out and smooth. Gives idea though how bad it would look if texture was left.
Loving that man! Looks way better without texture imo. Did you have to cut it up like that or do you have something else going on? I'd love to make one out of aluminum one day. Stocker is so weak feeling.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Loving that man! Looks way better without texture imo. Did you have to cut it up like that or do you have something else going on? I'd love to make one out of aluminum one day. Stocker is so weak feeling.

Expanding foam makes it stout! Just fill up the gate. We could put an engine block on ours except for maybe the cables lol. We've had 3 people on it without snapping though.
No my gate was good but this gate was just sitting there so I figured I'd just cut it up. The rest of the gate will still have texture it'll kind of look like the doors with a added panel I'm hoping. Someone could cut center out like this then foam and glue back though

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 29866 View attachment 29867 Got the rear panel sanded a little then scuffed heavily with alcohol (no @drfubar not your type) and primed up. The edges need smoothed out because this was just rough cut but I'm time limited today as we're busy at work so main objective was primer. 3 heavy coats butitll probably require another couple to get everything out and smooth. Gives idea though how bad it would look if texture was left.
That's gonna look good when you get er done. What's your plans for reattaching it?

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's gonna look good when you get er done. What's your plans for reattaching it?

Probably just two-sided 3M tape that'll hold about anything but I wanted to bolt it on using hex bolts like Honda does but theyd stick out I think and look funny but maybe even a combination if it looks to be ok

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably just two-sided 3M tape that'll hold about anything but I wanted to bolt it on using hex bolts like Honda does but theyd stick out I think and look funny but maybe even a combination if it looks to be ok

Use those nuts that sink into wood when you tighten them and some flat cap bolts countersunk.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That sir might just do the trick on the lower corners
The upper has access behind the gate for a covered head nut so I'll see if can find a stainless hex head for both. Good thinking Delton I like it!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sir might just do the trick on the lower corners
The upper has access behind the gate for a covered head nut so I'll see if can find a stainless hex head for both. Good thinking Delton I like it!

I bust off a decent idea every now and then lol

advertisement