image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
After I beat the 150 into the ground I'm going to look at all the options available. Hopefully by then I'll be retired and showing up on your doorstep towing all the toys behind me. I'm thinking it might be a class A with a trailer, though... lol

Motor home is very nice I'll sure say that. It's nice to have the wife cook something or be able to do a potty break while on the road. Hell there's enough room we'll switch drivers at 70 but this year we spent lots of time tenting it from the Pioneer and really enjoyed it and will continue to a degree. The bus is nice on weekends there's 25-30 of us but man it's nice when it's just us to go back to basics sometimes. After doing this so many times we don't need anything. The Pioneer allows this. Kids are growing up so they usually come separately so we'll give them gps coordinates and we'll camp. It's different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Motor home is very nice I'll sure say that. It's nice to have the wife cook something or be able to do a potty break while on the road. Hell there's enough room we'll switch drivers at 70 but this year we spent lots of time tenting it from the Pioneer and really enjoyed it and will continue to a degree. The bus is nice on weekends there's 25-30 of us but man it's nice when it's just us to go back to basics sometimes. After doing this so many times we don't need anything. The Pioneer allows this. Kids are growing up so they usually come separately so we'll give them gps coordinates and we'll camp. It's different

I completely know what you mean. All I do now is tent camp. We love it. With the gear we have we can set up a small city... lol. I just think that if I'm traveling 1000s of miles it will be better to have the comforts of a motorhome. I'll still have the gear to go primitive.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 8093

AK these are videos I've never shown of the bus. Again we don't cement camp and will go anywhere. A 40ft vehicle shouldn't be here but...we're not afraid of scratches or mud on our tow rig. We went up on a weekend in early March to St. Mary's Idaho and it was the muddiest weekend I'd ever seen out there and even though the bus does well off-road, much better then you'd think this weekend was especially soupy this place sucks crap down into the ground like you wouldn't believe and it was right after snow sign and a bunch of rain.
It was funny we got stuck and call the record he asked where we were I told him he asked how big a machine and I said 40 foot motorhome he said no problem he bring the big wrecker he got there and he said you didn't tell me it was a school bus and was pissed he kept asking us to go back the other way because it was downhill I said I'm paying you to bring me to camp after about six hours To neighboring trucks getting stuck and us having to pull them out with the Dodge we came into camp with a Cummins wrecker pulling the bus my truck full and it slipping and sliding the whole way in at midnight. When we finally parked on level ground but the bus sink in almost 2 feet in 14 hours. But guess what we prevailed and we camped. That's what we do no matter what. Experiences like this have been a blessing for us over the years it makes you appreciate the problem free weekends which where we go aren't many lol

Last edited:
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 30450
AK these are videos I've never shown of the bus. Again we don't cement camp and will go anywhere. A 40ft vehicle shouldn't be here but...we went up on a weekend in early March to St. Mary's Idaho and it was the muddiest weekend I'd ever seen out there and even though the bus does well off-road, much better then you'd think this weekend was especially soupy this place sucks crap down into the ground like you wouldn't believe and it was right after snow sign and a bunch of rain.
It was funny we got stuck and call the record he asked where we were I told him he asked how big a machine and I said 40 foot motorhome he said no problem he bring the big wrecker he got there and he said you didn't tell me it was a school bus and was pissed he kept asking us to go back the other way because it was downhill I said I'm paying you to bring me to camp after about six hours To neighboring trucks getting stuck and us having to pull them out with the Dodge we came into camp with a Cummins wrecker pulling the bus my truck full and it slipping and sliding the whole way in at midnight. When we finally parked on level ground but the bus sink in almost 2 feet in 14 hours. But guess what we prevailed and we camped. That's what we do no matter what.
Lmao... I bet that tow truck driver was thinking... damn, these people are intense! I'm sure you paid dearly for that, but some things are worth it. Damn, you are definitely intense!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I hit that I'd unload the Pioneer and one of those cool trailers I've posted, load them up with the gear I wanted, and leave the motorhome behind

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lmao... I bet that tow truck driver was thinking... damn, these people are intense! I'm sure you paid dearly for that, but some things are worth it. Damn, you are definitely intense!

He was funny! He even got stuck. The only thing that didn't get stuck was our skinny tire dodge with dual lockers. It cost us 350 rather then the 100 to turn back. He sat around after and had a few beers and cooled off. I was mad as hell and determined bad night my attitude was s***ty but another turning point in life. Looking back I'm glad we got stuck not everyone has an opportunity see mud like that. Dirt bikes were fun that weekend. Our can am was broken at home but the popo was pretty New so at least it ran

Reactions: sharp and AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He was funny! He even got stuck. The only thing that didn't get stuck was our skinny tire dodge with dual lockers. It cost us 350 rather then the 100 to turn back. He sat around after and had a few beers and cooled off. I was mad as hell and determined bad night my attitude was s***ty but another turning point in life. Looking back I'm glad we got stuck not everyone has an opportunity see mud like that. Dirt bikes were fun that weekend. Our can am was broken at home but the popo was pretty New so at least it ran

I want to know how you got out after parking and sinking it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We dug it out then double trucked it. Called a local buddy to help thank god he knew how to hit something. If you watch the video we both had to hit it same time. Wife was driving the bus.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right now we have 40 mph winds and really low temps. Nothing I want to be out in, but I really want to get out and ride. Guess I'll wait another weekend.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bc3a63d1c8b18d95778cba229db5b512
Sorry for rambling but it's Friday night and I'm in the city. Oh how I hate that. Btw is that you explaining the Pioneer on Facebook? I'm hoping it is and not someoneelse

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 30452
Sorry for rambling but it's Friday night and I'm in the city. Oh how I hate that. Btw is that you explaining the Pioneer on Facebook? I'm hoping it is and not someoneelse

The comment about your custom enclosure and chop? That's me. I hope that's ok.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement