image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool thanks. Directions are iffy at best. They say if it's a combination brake/turn signal vehicle (which ours is) the brake wire isn't used and gets cut off flush with controller.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool thanks. Directions are iffy at best. They say if it's a combination brake/turn signal vehicle (which ours is) the brake wire isn't used and gets cut off flush with controller.
I was unimpressed with the directions with mine too. I don't have the powered version, so maybe they're a little different. is it the brake wire on the "to trailer" side of the converter?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was unimpressed with the directions with mine too. I don't have the powered version, so maybe they're a little different. is it the brake wire on the "to trailer" side of the converter?
Can't remember so I'd have to look at the box. It's same one CP has.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't remember so I'd have to look at the box. It's same one CP has.
ok, looked at mine again...its coming back to me...lol not a separate stop wire on the "to trailer" side. stop wire is on the "to car" side of the converter along with tail and left turn right turn.
hooking up the side of the converter that says "to car"... the stop from the "to car" side of the converter goes to the 2 stops from the Honda. the tail light wire on that side of converter goes to the 2 tail wires coming from the Honda. the other 2 Honda wires (6 total) are ground and go to the ground on the car side of the converter. the left and right turn on that side of the converter (car side) connect to the left and right turn coming form your toggle switch. this finishes up the "to car" side of the converter.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
ok, looked at mine again...its coming back to me...lol not a separate stop wire on the "to trailer" side. stop wire is on the car side along with tail and left turn right turn. the stop from the car side of the converter goes to the 2 stops from the Honda. the tail light wire on that side of converter goes to the 2 tail wires coming from the Honda. the other 2 Honda wires (6 total) are ground and go to the ground on the car side of the converter. the left and right turn on that side of the converter (car side) connect to the left and right turn coming form your toggle switch.
That's it yes!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's it yes!
Y'all MF'ers are confusing the crap outta me when you're supposed to be helping lmao. So the trailer brake wire ISNT used as per instructions. Well I ain't cutting that sucker. Not until I got perfect working turn signals/brake/ taillights lol. And then probably still not cutting it lmao. Thanks for the help guys (I think)

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Technical conversation and then .......Bam! This. Impeccable timing Smitty lmao. (Kidding of course man)

Technical question- washed my today- turn signal worked fine before washing. Nice a slow blinking 2 per second. Now 8 times a second. Water in flasher relay?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Technical question- washed my today- turn signal worked fine before washing. Nice a slow blinking 2 per second. Now 8 times a second. Water in flasher relay?
Blinker fluid low?? Lmao. Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, no idea man. Don't ask CP or Pete. You'll just be even more confused lol.

advertisement
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Blinker fluid low?? Lmao. Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, no idea man. Don't ask CP or Pete. You'll just be even more confused lol.

Cp is not primed up yet. I checked the Blinker fluid already. Pete most likely went riding and is primed up.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I'd think flasher relay could withstand water?!? I'm assuming both lights are working because you know that. Ground maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Y'all MF'ers are confusing the crap outta me when you're supposed to be helping lmao. So the trailer brake wire ISNT used as per instructions. Well I ain't cutting that sucker. Not until I got perfect working turn signals/brake/ taillights lol. And then probably still not cutting it lmao. Thanks for the help guys (I think)
haha... any time brother!
I wouldn't cut the wire either. tape it up if not used, or crimp a cap onto it.
I thought you were talking about brake light wire, but if you're talking about an actual controller lead for electronic brakes, then yeah, probably not needed unless you'll be hauling your heavy equipment with it...lol

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes, water in the relay... mine acted up after washing too. got in there and the flasher was sitting wires up with obvious water splatters on it... water had soaked down into the flasher. it was making mine cycle even with the toggle switch in the off position... blinkers still worked as should but flasher would cycle when toggle was off.
I shook it around some and it started working correctly again. going to mount it wires down this time.
I also ordered another flasher and switch just in case.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
yes, water in the relay... mine acted up after washing too. got in there and the flasher was sitting wires up with obvious water splatters on it... water had soaked down into the flasher. it was making mine cycle even with the toggle switch in the off position... blinkers still worked as should but flasher would cycle when toggle was off.
I shook it around some and it started working correctly again. going to mount it wires down this time.
I also ordered another flasher and switch just in case.

All working as normal. Just faster blinking

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I edited it @Delton see if that makes more sense.
do you have a picture of your converter?

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wires are horizontal.
if its like mine there is a seam on that wire side... the seam is counter-set a little bc of a lip on the flasher body... I would recommend mounting them with wires down... should be good then unless its getting directly sprayed on the wire side somehow.

advertisement