image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is from @LandPioneer (thanks for the great diagram)and shows everything really well. 'This is from a non powered unit but the only difference is adding positive an negative. Definitely cheaper then buying a kit.
View attachment 31590
Probably should've mentioned this earlier but I already have a working turn signal kit installed. But the diagram does help man. Thanks.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Eltobgi top speed is 80 mph but can be tuned to run 100 mph! Too fast for you!:confused:
Been looking it up and it looks like you can gear it for 2 mph rock crawling and still run 70. Multiple companies build gearing clutches and can even get a Rekluse clutch. Pretty impressive. Not sure why you'd get a rzr.

Last edited:
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Been looking it up and it looks like you can gear it for 2 mph rock crawling and still run 70. Multiple companies build gearing clutches and can even get a Rekluse clutch. Pretty impressive. Not sure why you'd get a rzr.
Wow that's pretty impressive. It'll be nice one day when a Honda can get to that kind of versatility. I'm not sure what machine I'll go with next but I do know I'd like something geared more toward trail riding. However, I will say I'm too d@mn cheap to pay $20k+ for something I'll ride maybe one a month Lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wow that's pretty impressive. It'll be nice one day when a Honda can get to that kind of versatility. I'm not sure what machine I'll go with next but I do know I'd like something geared more toward trail riding. However, I will say I'm too d@mn cheap to pay $20k+ for something I'll ride maybe one a month Lol.

You've got about the most dependable machines out there I miss the 700 sometimes. I wish could get everything I'll always have to have a family rig on hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
You've got about the most dependable machines out there I miss the 700 sometimes. I wish could get everything

Haha I hear ya! Yes the 700 has yet to let me down. And obviously I know with more power comes more breaking. Last weekend was the first time I've been in a bad situation due to power. We had to go around a fallen tree and climb a rock formation. All the Rzrs zipped right up it and mine kept bogging down. It even stalled once. I eventually got over it but I got really nervous. Reason was the rear end was pointing down a steep drop off. Had the brakes failed or my foot slipped off the brake it would not have been good. Other than that situation it did great. I had no problem going through some sticky muddy trails. We've had a ton of rain so the trails are a muddy mess right now!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Haha I hear ya! Yes the 700 has yet to let me down. And obviously I know with more power comes more breaking. Last weekend was the first time I've been in a bad situation due to power. We had to go around a fallen tree and climb a rock formation. All the Rzrs zipped right up it and mine kept bogging down. It even stalled once. I eventually got over it but I got really nervous. Reason was the rear end was pointing down a steep drop off. Had the brakes failed or my foot slipped off the brake it would not have been good. Other than that situation it did great. I had no problem going through some sticky muddy trails. We've had a ton of rain so the trails are a muddy mess right now!

I had one time the 700 ran out of power up a monster long hill. Was scared we had to stop and hit the winch to a tree and maneuver the rig around and go back down. That one time scared the hell out of me
Dependability I NEVER questioned that vehicle. Not once. End of world machine!

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had one time the 700 ran out of power up a monster long hill. Was scared we had to stop and hit the winch to a tree and maneuver the rig around and go back down. That one time scared the hell out of me

I know the feeling all to well brother! I probably should've winched myself but it was so close to getting up it. I rolled back a little and hit it with a little more speed and walked up it thankfully. My wife had already bailed so I pushed it a little further than I probably should have Lol.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
CP where did you take the tubing out on the chop top and did you have to the the passenger grab handle off and reattach?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know the feeling all to well brother! I probably should've winched myself but it was so close to getting up it. I rolled back a little and hit it with a little more speed and walked up it thankfully. My wife had already bailed so I pushed it a little further than I probably should have Lol.

We ran out of trees to continue up and it was rutted pretty bad so I wasn't about to back down! Every time you coasted down a little and touched the brakes the nose came up. I made everyone get out too. Had video of it but can't find it

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
We ran out of trees to continue up and it was rutted pretty bad so I wasn't about to back down! Every time you coasted down a little and touched the brakes the nose came up. I made everyone get out too. Had video of it but can't find it

Yep those are the times you just need more kick. Not to be confused with the times you've had a few beers and want to go a little faster than you should :cool:

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep those are the times you just need more kick. Not to be confused with the times you've had a few beers and want to go a little faster than you should :cool:

In all honesty though I made it with the 1000 but the power was nerve racking a bit. I guess sometimes you need the middle power lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 8360
First time back working on it in a couple weeks. We've got so many things laying around over the last 6-9 months. Been getting things here and there but lost ambition for a second. Getting excited to git er done!

Got shackles mounted. Btw shout out to @windrock for the push. I didn't want any rattles or rust occurring so 1in hole in the new bumper mounts and 5/8 Warn Epic shackles. Placed 1od x5/8id rubber hose cut down inside the shackle mounts then shackles through that. Result nice and solid they won't move or rust. Placed clear rubber silicon on the bumper under the shackles to make sure they don't hit. Think it came out fairly factory looking

Last edited:
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 31735 First time back working on it in a couple weeks. We've got so many things laying around over the last 6-9 months. Been getting things here and there but lost ambition for a second. Getting excited to git er done!

Got shackles mounted. I didn't want any rattles or rust occurring so 1in hole in the new bumper mounts and 5/8 Warn Epic shackles. Placed 1od x5/8id rubber hose cut down inside the shackle mounts then shackles through that. Result nice and solid they won't move or rust. Placed clear rubber silicon on the bumper under the shackles to make sure they don't hit. View attachment 31736

That's a great idea.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
117 watts of blue underglow on just the nose minus headlights. Worked really hard to make sure the housings and the light itself was all hidden but fairly well spread out. That was difficult but got it done. Have 16 more fixtures for sides and rear to go and also have some side-emitting blue led for around the rig and that'll come shortly but buttoning up the nose finally.
Feels great to be bad working on her just what was needed. We hugged today!
IMG 8356

IMG 8362

My favorite pictures! 'MURIKA!! Red white and blue!

IMG 8359

IMG 8358

Even with full garage lighting it's stupid intense really hard on eyes. My wife says it's animal deterrent!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 31735 First time back working on it in a couple weeks. We've got so many things laying around over the last 6-9 months. Been getting things here and there but lost ambition for a second. Getting excited to git er done!

Got shackles mounted. I didn't want any rattles or rust occurring so 1in hole in the new bumper mounts and 5/8 Warn Epic shackles. Placed 1od x5/8id rubber hose cut down inside the shackle mounts then shackles through that. Result nice and solid they won't move or rust. Placed clear rubber silicon on the bumper under the shackles to make sure they don't hit. View attachment 31736

The details you pay attention too are borderline ridiculous. Almost pushing into the ocd relm. I love it. But dont know how you do it

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Man that look awesome and stout as hell!
It'll rip the frame out if something goes wrong. Actually concerned about that! Excited to be able to use them as tie downs and a set in the rear will be done the same way for towing and tie downs.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
117 watts of blue underglow on just the nose minus headlights. Worked really hard to make sure the housings and the light itself was all hidden but fairly well spread out. That was difficult but got it done. Have 16 more fixtures for sides and rear to go and also have some side-emitting blue led for around the rig and that'll come shortly but buttoning up the nose finally.
Feels great to be bad working on her just what was needed. We hugged today!
View attachment 31737

View attachment 31745

My favorite pictures! 'MURIKA!! Red white and blue!

View attachment 31740

View attachment 31739

Even with full garage lighting it's stupid intense really hard on eyes. My wife says it's animal deterrent!
Why blue? Thats the one color thats realy seems to F*** with my eyes.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The details you pay attention too are borderline ridiculous. Almost pushing into the ocd relm. I love it. But dont know how you do it

I'm actually ocd it's not something I wish on people. You tend to spend more time thinking about things then sleeping.

advertisement