Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
That's where I got my info from, the online manual dropped finally. We've been pouring over it and the accessory installation instructions. The part # for 6th is different, but according to the SM it's the same the ratio.
You guys got any accessories yet?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I'll check the ratios in the service manual tomorrow.
Can u check for cam specs at the front of the book? Should be 4 numbers BTDC, ABDC etc. And lobe height measurements. Also any changes to the clutches?

H

HondaTech

You guys got any accessories yet?

Parts department ordered a "Initial Order" to get better billing when the units were ordered. I cant rember when they get released but I'd assume it's going to be around the original unit release dat, probably April.

We haven't seen anything of them yet, but most of the instructions are available on our dealer website.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Clutches are a new part number but I believe the 2 guides are Pioneer part numbers. I'll DM you the other specs.
Is there anything showing quantity of clutches in a pack?

advertisement
B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No sign of the number of clutches, but looking at pictures of it assembled it appears to have 4 fibers.

They originally designed the P1K clutch to be serviceable and replace just the clutch plates and steels but they decided to just sell them as a whole now.

HondaTech,,one of the reviews I seen yesterday said it came pre-wired for a winch. Do you see that in the manual? They are showing a wiring harness with the winch mount kit .

H

HondaTech

HondaTech,,one of the reviews I seen yesterday said it came pre-wired for a winch. Do you see that in the manual? They are showing a wiring harness with the winch mount kit .

I dont see anything on the wiring diagram. Maybe they were referring to the ground like the P1K had that made it easier to install? I can't see Honda hanging a contactor box and wiring on everyone of these and not just throwing the winch on it as well.

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Clutches are a new part number but I believe the 2 guides are Pioneer part numbers. I'll DM you the other specs.
FYI I have found Yamaha to use different part numbers for identical parts used on different machines. And yes different prices for the same part based on the machine it goes on.

H

HondaTech

FYI I have found Yamaha to use different part numbers for identical parts used on different machines. And yes different prices for the same part based on the machine it goes on.

Honda is pretty good about using same part numbers for same parts. Unless it changes color, if it fits that machine the part number will be the same.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the YXZ sure looks a lot better.. I’m guessing the talon and second gen yxz will be very similar in performance respects.

Obviously different people like different things. I think the talon looks better... from the front at least. I think the turbo s Rzr is by far the best looking machine though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Obviously different people like different things. I think the talon looks better... from the front at least. I think the turbo s Rzr is by far the best looking machine though...

I love this new talon. It looks about perfect for how I like to ride sometimes. This would be my rig for when I left the family home. But going slow drinking a Bush in my pioneer running over trees is more fun lol

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I think your buddies black x3 is the best looking. Too bad ya cant see out of it. But that rig strikes me like a Ferrari!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!