Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
About The middle of this video is what makes me scared of the i4wd.
Me 2 this is the 2nd review that said it was fighting itself ect
Lol you crack me up. You should have drove mine while we were in mulberry. Its funny there are several people that you know well that have never said the i4wd is fighting itself or giving too much feedback. But when dip s*** fisher and this joe schmo dont understand it and therefore revert to old school than it must be gospel.

I get that you want the option to put it in diff lock and tell bomar you're in 2wd. It's cool

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Fighting or feels odd ? big difference all depends on your riding area , and experience, willing to accept or adapt to new technology. We all have machines that ride different to each other due to mods or wear or damage. Until I hear of a thousand mile report or I own a Talon I reserve my judgement on the traction control technology .
This. I remember when people complained about anti lock breaks. Now they are in every car built today. Also, if you watched the sxsblog guys. That I4WD killed on the rocks. I want the I4WD. There may be a few quirky issues but the benefit appears to be well worth it.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
This. I remember when people complained about anti lock breaks. Now they are in every car built today. Also, if you watched the sxsblog guys. That I4WD killed on the rocks. I want the I4WD. There may be a few quirky issues but the benefit appears to be well worth it.

Worst case scenario, aftermarket will come out with a $500 locker for it and your good to go.
Looks like its just a quick pulse of the brake to force the differential to send power to the other wheel. I think it will be great on the trail. I could see it working decent on the rocks. Seems to kind of works opposite of anti-lock braking.

Reactions: sharp
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Is that Richard @Hondasxs in the background. Looks like a hondasxs hat

3BAAE850 90F2 473C A6D7 E69AEB870058

3E73EC20 FACC 477D B705 DF6CFCCA9B15

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Lol you crack me up. You should have drove mine while we were in mulberry. Its funny there are several people that you know well that have never said the i4wd is fighting itself or giving too much feedback. But when dip s*** fisher and this joe schmo dont understand it and therefore revert to old school than it must be gospel.

I get that you want the option to put it in diff lock and tell bomar you're in 2wd. It's cool

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Agreed, gotta love celebrity experts, (Fishers CanAm World)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes there is Kent Motorsports and Kent Powersports. Both on I 35. I have contacts at both.
My mistake, the video I thought was Kent is actually McKibben powersports in FL. Asshats don't have video set to share.

The other dealer was Brookhaven
Screenshot 20190307 130021 Facebook

Reactions: Tramguage1
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thought you were the "big stuff"? must of been "double stuffed "like a oreo I was thinking ;)

Well, I definitely whupped anorexia's ass. Big stuff was referring to whoops 2-3 ft deep and the 1000R can skim across the top of them at 50mph + remaining in control. The SXS Blog fellas said Talon was way better that YXZ and can hang with an X3 XX from chassis / suspension standpoint.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well that’s cool, thought we’d have to change to 15
It's nice they could get them on there for a look see, but Honda went with 15" wheels for a reason. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fighting or feels odd ? big difference all depends on your riding area , and experience, willing to accept or adapt to new technology. We all have machines that ride different to each other due to mods or wear or damage. Until I hear of a thousand mile report or I own a Talon I reserve my judgement on the traction control technology .
Old saying ....... if it ain't broke .... don't fix it!

Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

What about a 2000 mile report? I-4WD has worked great for me in several different types of terrain and situations. Going on 2800 miles now no issues and still haven't needed to replaced brake pads.

P1000 - 2018 P1K5LE / I4WD Review

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!