Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I think I overheard the SXSblog day it handles whoops better than the YXZ....

Just a thought :p
They did say YXZ, all I had was CC here at work to read. That being said, they have a '16 yxz with the base shocks. All the '19 shocks were changed. Wheelbase and width of the yxz compares to the X also.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It kinda looks like a Artic cat. It’s a shaft drive ? They should have a race with all the top models for each manufacturer, to see who’s top dog. Everything, like mud, rock crawling, flat out, and dirt trails. That would be great. Thanks for the pictures. :)
Caper
Arctic Cat/Textron XX is cvt driven by the YXZ engine.

advertisement
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They did say YXZ, all I had was CC here at work to read. That being said, they have a '16 yxz with the base shocks. All the '19 shocks were changed. Wheelbase and width of the yxz compares to the X also.
So my understanding is that the YXZ is made to be run high rpms and the Talon is made to run more low end torque running lower rpm.....

If you don't keep the rpm's up on the YXZ you are going to be disappointed in the power.....

Sounds like the Talon is built to pull and have torque.... kind of like the 450 dirt bikes that old motorcross riders like me are used to.....

Isnt the yxz basically a motor they used in sleds?

I guess my point is they are 2 completely different engine designs...... kinda like diesel vs gas engines....

Dont you f***ers get started on that CP and plumber

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
So my understanding is that the YXZ is made to be run high rpms and the Talon is made to run more low end torque running lower rpm.....

If you don't keep the rpm's up on the YXZ you are going to be disappointed in the power.....

Sounds like the Talon is built to pull and have torque.... kind of like the 450 dirt bikes that old motorcross riders like me are used to.....

I guess my point is they are 2 completely different engine designs...... kinda like diesel vs gas engines....

Haha . That was funny. But old dirt bikes, I had a , only good one, Can-Am 250 MX. That thing would flip you on your back in 5th gear. Almost go straight up. Crazy torque. Raced every other bike, the blue Yamaha, Honda and a couple others at a track with a paved drag strip beside it. Sitting on the gas tank to keep her dog. Wow. What a bike. Sorry, reminiscing. Haha.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Haha . That was funny. But old dirt bikes, I had a , only good one, Can-Am 250 MX. That thing would flip you on your back in 5th gear. Almost go straight up. Crazy torque. Raced every other bike, the blue Yamaha, Honda and a couple others at a track with a paved drag strip beside it. Sitting on the gas tank to keep her dog. Wow. What a bike. Sorry, reminiscing. Haha.
Caper
And yes a Suzuki rm 250. Easy bike to get hurt on. And thank goodness I was young. Haha
Caper

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

So actually diesel...lol.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
One bad ass machine.

IMG 2319

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!