Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

T

thumper144

Dec 12, 2018
Pittsburgh
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Id like to know whats the biggest tires you can run lifting it.....

seriously though..

- Air filter looks easy to access, hows the rest of the maintenance.
- would like to see on the R what the rear lower ball joint looks like after riding. Looks open to be beat on and is a single shear point.
- How the visibility when driving
- clutch engagement at low speed
- stability

Reactions: Caper
H

HondaTech

SXSblog has me even more pumped than I was before if that's possible.

They seemed really impressed with the X and for the area around me, that would seem to be the way to go. Im not in the market anyway, but the X would probably be my choice.

Just have to find a way to get the Green R plastic on there.

H

HondaTech

I think the reason they were in 4wd was Honda “suggested” everyone run in 4wd all the time. Not sure if this was a safety thing or a show off our product thing. Another reviewer had mentioned they only ran in 4wd as suggested by Honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We dug in the parts fiche and it appears the rear end on these machines is like a 700, locked all the time. So itll be interesting to feel the i-4wd work on a solid diff.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Has anyone seen or heard anything yet on the factory skid plate?

Reactions: JACKAL
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very well said and I agree with you. I didn’t take that review as totally negative, people are going to like other machines more and we do know the power is a little soft. After watching the Blog review I’m certain it’ll be enough for me because I just don’t give a damn to ride dunes and it did look pretty natural hitting the trails. A little added power I’m hopeful will be possible and the shocks need to be good enough from the box, that’s a must for us. If those are good it’ll come down to no issues like a Honda was prior to the p1000.
They said plenty of good but did critique some but that’s what I want to hear, both sides. If I’m going to lay another 25k down and keep what we have I want to know all I can. That review didn’t change my thoughts, they were coming from people that wouldn’t probably normally ride where I do or how I do. I just want real reviews and that’s not going to come from a Honda only fanboy that hasn’t ridden anything else, don’t give a f*** what they have to say. Reviews finally coming in, it’s getting exciting! I’m eating it up

So you’re saying @Hondasxs review won’t matter to you...

H

HondaTech

Last 2 posts have said what I've been saying. We need an eastcoast woods/trail test not a dunes test. It took Yamaha a while to make changes to the YXZ to make it more eastcoast freindly. Maybe the Talon is already but I would like to see a real world testing.

The YXZ failed at east coast because of the power band and having to use a manual clutch. It's impossible to cruise woods and hill climbs all day I think the Talon got its east coast credentials through the P1K, the engine is proven and the i-4wd is as well. I dont believe the Talon has the "issues" that the 1st gen YXZ did for east coast guys.

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The YXZ failed at east coast because of the power band and having to use a manual clutch. It's impossible to cruise woods and hill climbs all day I think the Talon got its east coast credentials through the P1K, the engine is proven and the i-4wd is as well. I dont believe the Talon has the "issues" that the 1st gen YXZ did for east coast guys.
You got the best jobs. That’s a great video. Cool. :D
Caper

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So you’re saying @Hondasxs review won’t matter to you...

Well I definitely trust him,maybe more so then most but he may be a little biased lol. No s*** it’ll be more sporty then the P1k. But right now I’m looking for the best all around machine for what we need not just a sport that says Honda because it says Honda. I know it’s not the most popular thing to say but I’m a Honda guy however after our problems with Pioneer and lack of anything with the Wolverine I’m still looking at Yami.
When we buy one it comes down to Yami Honda Popo and Can am, well Popo is out period,Can-am just isn’t my style and still too expensive to fix, not to mention it would suck where we go. It’s Yami and Honda, I’d like reviews from people that have ridden them all. But listening to all reviews weeding through the bulls*** and taking from them what we can just like everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: Plumber32 and Caper
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could be, maybe I missed it. I used to like watching Fisher back in the day. I watched a lot of his shows on TV. I remember when he had an episode on Ride royal blue and that became a destination for me. Thanks to all the folks on here I've been there a few times.

I just think fisher has gotten pretty full of himself. Several times he commented on how they were riding harder and doing more than anyone else. He just acts like hes the biggest and baddest rider and is better than everyone else. Yea I'm sure not everyone was pushing it to the max, he just comes across very arrogant in his review.

To put it in perspective how long has fisher been making shows?.....10 years probably?... quite a while. In comparison the sxsblog guys started at the end of 2015, so under 4 years of making vids.

Fisher has 23k subscribers
Sxsblog has 58k subscribers
Dirt trax TV has 160k subscribers

Looks like Fisher is struggling to stay relevant anymore.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I totally agree. His show has fallen off. Its mostly commercials.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll have my YXZ at Takeover so hopefully someone will have a Talon that we can do some head to head comparisons against.
That would be very interesting!! Stock tires would be needed at least and try to leave the rest alone. Lol

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!