P1000 Frame cracks

Pjohnson

Pjohnson

Apr 1, 2017
Fairbanks, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone seen or heard of the frames cracking where the lower A-arms connect at the frame? I was just talking to a guy that said his and his buddy's 1000s both cracked in the same place while out on the trails a few miles apart. He didn't specify if it was the welds or the actual frame. I asked what they were doing and what the trail was like. He was riding down an old bulldozed fire break and heard a loud snap. Gonna pay a little more attention to that area whenever I clean mine up from now on.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone seen or heard of the frames cracking where the lower A-arms connect at the frame? I was just talking to a guy that said his and his buddy's 1000s both cracked in the same place while out on the trails a few miles apart. He didn't specify if it was the welds or the actual frame. I asked what they were doing and what the trail was like. He was riding down an old bulldozed fire break and heard a loud snap. Gonna pay a little more attention to that area whenever I clean mine up from now on.
Plus there was a guy on here a few months back that his control arm broke away from the frame. Not because the frame or welds broke or cracked, but because honda missed a small section and didnt weld it completely to the frame. I want to say they took care of him under warenty. But your right with your point of a good inspection never hurts.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Front lower shock mount

C4784570bacc3269e2bf33271b0f9b64

Rear lower shock mount
2a4b0ab1bbde76f7d6200b0e45729082

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!