Ownership

1. 500
DocBo

DocBo

Jul 17, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 520
You only have to make a small notch on the factory plastic skid plate. I did it with snips. Steel or aluminum would require a cut off wheel or side grinder.

This pic shows how much of the skid plate you have to cut off...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Took the machine for a little spin on the trails out behind the house tonight. Heard something roaring through the woods at me and it slammed into the side of the machine. Damn near put me on my side and thought I'd have some major damage. Turned out it was a 10 pt buck but he must've hit the nerf bar and knocked himself out.
Anyway, came home and had steaks for dinner. 😏

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took the machine for a little spin on the trails out behind the house tonight. Heard something roaring through the woods at me and it slammed into the side of the machine. Damn near put me on my side and thought I'd have some major damage. Turned out it was a 10 pt buck but he must've hit the nerf bar and knocked himself out.
Anyway, came home and had steaks for dinner. 😏
Hopefully once you get the bookmarks all caught up there is another epic Nerf bar story dropping. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hopefully once you get the bookmarks all caught up there is another epic Nerf bar story dropping. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Happened to pop into this thread and figured it was a good place to group the tales. Searching them in the What Did You Do thread would take forever. What was kind of ironic is that these first ones were two yrs ago to the date.
And yes, there's more coming.
Nomo of course.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ran the machine up to the bank tonight to pull some cash before they closed. All the drive thru lanes had cars waiting but the atm lane was clear so I wheeled in there. Unbeknownst to me a robbery just happened inside and when the crooks came squealing around the bank in their mini cooper getaway car they chose my lane, probably thought they could squeeze through. Apparently they got wedged between the median and the nerf bars and got stuck. Couple minutes later the cops showed up and hauled them away.
Checked for damage when I got home, just some scratches and stuff but I did find a 1/2" hole in one of them. Guessing they shot at me, nerf bar must've blocked it. 😏

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ran the machine up to the bank tonight to pull some cash before they closed. All the drive thru lanes had cars waiting but the atm lane was clear so I wheeled in there. Unbeknownst to me a robbery just happened inside and when the crooks came squealing around the bank in their mini cooper getaway car they chose my lane, probably thought they could squeeze through. Apparently they got wedged between the median and the nerf bars and got stuck. Couple minutes later the cops showed up and hauled them away.
Checked for damage when I got home, just some scratches and stuff but I did find a 1/2" hole in one of them. Guessing they shot at me, nerf bar must've blocked it. 😏
Surprised they aren’t bullet proof with a ricochet causing the suicide of the bank robbery suspect.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Took the machine out back tonight and saw heavy smoke. Turns out the neighbor behind me was burning brush and it was getting out of hand. Raced over there to help him and before long I was being surrounded by the flames. Jumped in the P5 and punched it for the property line. Once I got out of there and stopped I was surrounded by little critters with big sad eyes. Turns out the nerf bars were the perfect size to get their furry little paws around. If I had room for another set, more could've made it out. 😏

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Took the P5 to a nearby trail we ride that requires crossing a big creek. We do it all the time and it's no big deal. It was warm enough today to get some melt off though and the water level must've been a bit higher than normal, seemed to be moving faster too. About midway across I started breaking traction and the next thing I knew we were being pushed downstream. I could feel the machine tipping side to side but heard the nerf bars bouncing off the rocks, they were keeping us upright. Grabbed my folding shovel and tried to use it as a paddle to steer us to the bank but the machine was too heavy and the current too strong, I couldn't hold it. I was starting to panic because I could hear the waterfall around the next bend. Quickly I stuck the shovel through the nerf bar and used it as a make shift oar lock, now I had a rudder. With that and the tires spinning like a prop we made it to the edge.
Must've lost my bag of jerky in all the commotion and watched it go over the falls as we were climbing out. Nothing I could do to save it though. 😢

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Took the machine for a cruise downtown last night. Some big event was going on and it was like gridlock down there so I just pulled off to the side to watch all the people. Noticed a limousine trying to make a left turn forever but no way, no one was letting him in. After about 10 mins of watching this 3 people got out and walked over to me, a pretty little blonde and 2 big ass burly dudes. One of the burly guys said they were late for an appointment and offered to pay me for a ride just a few blocks down. Told them I only had room for 1 passenger but they insisted they all had to stay together. Said they approached me bc they noticed the nerf bars and said they'd ride on them if it was okay. The blonde rode inside with me and on the short ride commented how much she loved souped up 4wd's . Really liked the leather seats too and said something about wanting to carve her name in them, which I thought was odd. Anyway, when dropping them off at the event center they thanked me and offered me $50 but I wouldn't take it and told them I was just glad to help. When they were walking away that pretty little blonde spun around, looked right at me and popped her top. Still no idea who she was but I can assure you gentlemen, they were spectacular. 😏

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!