WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I’m wondering what woods y’all are riding... because in Kentucky the p500 just sucked. Just a glorified golf cart. Be fiiiine grocery getter if you have all day to make the trip.

@JTW
No Offense BUT...Are you sure that the problem isn't the operator instead of the machine? I find it hard to believe that Kentucky woods are that unique compared to what is out there. I'm sure someone on here could be found to help you out with some lessons.

WB

J

JTW

@JTW
No Offense BUT...Are you sure that the problem isn't the operator instead of the machine? I find it hard to believe that Kentucky woods are that unique compared to what is out there. I'm sure someone on here could be found to help you out with some lessons.

WB
I’m quite sure.. no locking diff and lack of suspension made it a turd when keeping up with my buddies on rzr’s or just playing around on the trails. There’s just no comparison to what else is out there! Aftermarket has addressed some of my complaints with it. But the reality is it’s just not a very trail friendly machine for a younger man that rides hard. If you’re 60 and just looking for something to putt around on and see the sights. It’s ok. But if you’re looking for a machine you can push the limits with. Well, it’s just subpar. It’s just not in the same class as other manufactures or even the 1000 pioneer when it comes to riding hard. I realize riding hard is subjective and it takes less to challenge the p500 but that’s just not the kind of riding we do. Technical riding is EXTREMELY limited if you’re on a p500. A much better machine is the rspec wolverine if you’re considering a p500. Now, the p500 does have some positives but it’s lackluster. Hell, the old 700 rhino’s are in many regards a better trail rig!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I’m quite sure.. no locking diff and lack of suspension made it a turd when keeping up with my buddies on rzr’s or just playing around on the trails. There’s just no comparison to what else is out there! Aftermarket has addressed some of my complaints with it. But the reality is it’s just not a very trail friendly machine for a younger man that rides hard. If you’re 60 and just looking for something to putt around on and see the sights. It’s ok. But if you’re looking for a machine you can push the limits with. Well, it’s just subpar. It’s just not in the same class as other manufactures or even the 1000 pioneer when it comes to riding hard. I realize riding hard is subjective and it takes less to challenge the p500 but that’s just not the kind of riding we do. Technical riding is EXTREMELY limited if you’re on a p500. A much better machine is the rspec wolverine if you’re considering a p500. Now, the p500 does have some positives but it’s lackluster. Hell, the old 700 rhino’s are in many regards a better trail rig!

No doubt there are other machines that bring more to the table as far as suspension and HP. The P5 is unique only because of its size and reliability. I know you had one for a bit and it wasn't for you, it's definitely not a great trail machine off the lot. Probably not the most cost efficient either but after pouring a ton of time and money into one, you'd be surprised how much different a fully dressed P5 is compared to what you experienced. It'll still never do Dragons Back but it can cross a 50" bridge and climb hills that a better equipped Ranger couldn't.
Lol, as for putting around and seeing the sights, we saw the bus convoy's driving around this. :D

The Mud Wall

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
No doubt there are other machines that bring more to the table as far as suspension and HP. The P5 is unique only because of its size and reliability. I know you had one for a bit and it wasn't for you, it's definitely not a great trail machine off the lot. Probably not the most cost efficient either but after pouring a ton of time and money into one, you'd be surprised how much different a fully dressed P5 is compared to what you experienced. It'll still never do Dragons Back but it can cross a 50" bridge and climb hills that a better equipped Ranger couldn't.
Lol, as for putting around and seeing the sights, we saw the bus convoy's driving around this. :D

View attachment 114703
Is that you high centered??

Reactions: Russ989 and trigger
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon x4

View attachment 114703

That pic looks really familiar ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
@JTW

WB
The Pioneer is a utility (UTV) the RZR, CanAm etc., Are sport and so they aren’t in the same class, they cant really fairly be compared. We’ll see what the reviews and service on the Talon is like.

Reactions: Russ989
J

JTW

View attachment 114703
I totally get that... I mean hell, Look at my PK5! The diffence being there’s nothing else that has a platform like the pk5. Versus anybody can stop at a dealer and pick up a stock wolvy and have better trail performance in a 2 seater. Money will be about the same as p500 that’s slightly modded.

Reactions: TimG and trigger
J

JTW

The Pioneer is a utility (UTV) the RZR, CanAm etc., Are sport and so they aren’t in the same class, they cant really fairly be compared. We’ll see what the reviews and service on the Talon is like.
Yes.. I agree. But if you ride with sport machines then there you are. A rhino would be a better direct comparison and again, more capable from the get go. While the p500 is reliable. It’s still just a sxs Forman.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes.. I agree. But if you ride with sport machines then there you are. A rhino would be a better direct comparison and again, more capable from the get go. While the p500 is reliable. It’s still just a sxs Forman.
Was the 500 your 1st SxS's?

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
So rather than talk all “rough” about a P 5....just admit you bought a sxs on price-you wanted a SPORT sxs but couldn’t or did not want to pant the price. It is just that simple! The P5 is and does exactly what Honda claims/is my favorite...just sayin

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lol.. I will say, it’s a fine ladies toy!
don't think I would say it but
this is what I was thinking when my 6ft 275 butt sat in it at the dealer, and my 12yr old, no way me and the wife are fitting in this. also wondering why every one liked it so much when you have to pay to mod it to be as good as the stock 700 when its only 2k more.

had the rhino its suspension was worlds better than either the 500 or 7. but I looked at the wolverine too and the 700 was more "new" rhino than the wolverine with no dumping bed and recliner seats.

Reactions: JTW and Bad_bowtie
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is that you high centered??

Yeah, that was the Jackal P5 ride. Couldn't believe when it was over that Bad Bowtie got that shot! Glad he did because no one would've believed it. The passenger side was pressed up against the mud wall because the rut was so deep, the other wheels weren't touching either and somehow got through that with no wheels touching the ground and dragging the belly. Everyone underestimates the capabilities of the P5 until I'm shaking their hand at the Top of the World. ;)

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Yeah, that was the Jackal P5 ride. Couldn't believe when it was over that Bad Bowtie got that shot! Glad he did because no one would've believed it. The passenger side was pressed up against the mud wall because the rut was so deep, the other wheel wasn't touching either and somehow got through that with no wheels touching the ground and dragging the belly. Everyone underestimates the capabilities of the P5 until I'm shaking their hand at the Top of the World. ;)
Awesome, ain’t no ladies toy is it.....:D

Reactions: Russ989 and trigger
M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
No it's not. You could say they're all ladies machines, some just have much bigger asses, lol! If they ever get tired of riding the dirt freeways, bring those buses to my trail system and watch the P5 slap that fat ass! :oops:

No that’s funny! Most ladies don’t like fast anyway. Capable & steady wins the day

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!