P500 Torq-Masters torq locker feedback

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I've never been one to buy a company's advertising gear, or stickers and things like that, but Torq-Masters has just gone over the top for the P-500 crowd, and on that note, Walker-Evans deserves a notable mention too. I'll definitely be ordering, and wearing some Torq-Masters gear.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
96E1ACF0 E987 4BAE BA45 234674A5264E
Personally like the Got Lockers, but a would love a catch phrase of “Locked ‘Er Up D3D75A3D 4C3B 4258 8538 C360210C9FD7

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Put mine in today, still have to put the tires, bumper and lights back together. Didn't experience any burrs or clip problems that I was aware of, everything just went back together like it came out. I did snap one of the skid plate bolts off, my fault and that was a pita.
Watched Jason and John's videos on the install and unless there's another one out there I noticed that neither one had much info on the linkage connection other than to take it apart. Had the photo in the instructions which proved most useful. That nut on the bottom has a sleeve attached to it that is tapered to sit around the cable pin, wish I had known that. Also that rubber seal that is at the top, when I took it apart that was just riding on the cable above the plastic cover. Just had to figure out how that whole area was put together and cost me some time.
Only other issue I had was with that small pin that holds the other pin. Guess I didn't know how tight that thing fits in there and you gotta smack it pretty good in both directions to get it to move. Hope I dimpled it enough to hold that pin in.
Plan to do the test thing in the morning before putting it all back together. Anything I should be looking out for? Hope it works.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
On the 4wd cable connector, took a while for me to realize you just pull the U shaped retaining clip out to slip the cable up and out. So simple once you know that.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got it all put back together and it clicks like it's supposed to but I have a question, when you put your two front axles back in they don't seem to seat as deep as they did before, small gap right at the case. I pushed and wiggled them in and even jack up each side of the machine just to help push them in. Is this something that will right itself with some riding?

advertisement
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Got it all put back together and it clicks like it's supposed to but I have a question, when you put your two front axles back in they don't seem to seat as deep as they did before, small gap right at the case. I pushed and wiggled them in and even jack up each side of the machine just to help push them in. Is this something that will right itself with some riding?
Did they "snap" in place?

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
I had one side go right in all the way, the right side hung up and l had to jack that corner up, but did not pop in until l released the jack. I will probably have a problem the next time l have to pull that axle.

C

Chooglin

No, small gap on both sides. Tried the jack it up thing and pushed and wiggled but only go so far. Can't beat on the back of them with a mallet or anything and risk tearing the boot. Someone else must have had this issue?
There is a very small gap on mine also. I am not sure if it's more than before , because I never really paid attention to the gap before I tore it all apart. Mine has been working just fine though !

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's what I wanted to hear! Wasn't something that I really paid attention to either. Has to be lined up correctly or it wouldn't even go in there right? Did the test of the locker and everything reacted as it should, so the teeth are obviously engaged...just bugs me because I didn't feel a snap from either one going in.

C

Chooglin

That's what I wanted to hear! Wasn't something that I really paid attention to either. Has to be lined up correctly or it wouldn't even go in there right? Did the test of the locker and everything reacted as it should, so the teeth are obviously engaged...just bugs me because I didn't feel a snap from either one going in.
Really I wouldn't worry to much , just take it easy for the first few miles , if it all holds together , I think you're going to be fine. My passenger side axle was a little more difficult to snap into place , but has been just fine.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
You might not hear the snap,but merely feel it as the circlip expands into the groove of the locker.You are probably good,the groove cut in the locker may not be exactly in the same place as the stock side gears,so it does not stick in quite as far,when the clip engages.

SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Mine has a small gap as well. I didn't hear a snap when I installed mine but did give it a few tugs once it was inserted. You should be fine. Mine hasn't given me any problems and I've been in some serious stuff with it and at least 200 miles on it now :)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!