P500 Torq-Masters torq locker feedback

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Edited. See video at 13:55, looks like locker added 2” inches in 2wd, (nominal), 2’4” in 4wd. As expected in full lock mode under power. Regardless, pleased with the locker as I did not add it to do circles. Got off a tree the other day where I would have had to winch without it. Thanks to @jay_man81 , Appalacian Mountain Riders you tube video.
I don’t run in 4wd unless I need it anyway so it should practically invisible for my machine. I will probably add one next spring.

scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I don’t run in 4wd unless I need it anyway so it should practically invisible for my machine. I will probably add one next spring.
We ride in forested land with long sections of trails on soft loamy ground with flat sections and sudden steep sections- with limited slip it was easy to leave it in 4wd as it didn't affect steering and handled better on the softer stuff, all without having to switch it on for the steep bits.
We'll see how it does now with the Torq-locker- can't wait!! The last time we were there we were breaking new trails where it really showed the deficiencies of the limited slip differential- earning the my 500 the nickname "the 3 legged goat". :mad:

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
We ride in forested land with long sections of trails on soft loamy ground with flat sections and sudden steep sections- with limited slip it was easy to leave it in 4wd as it didn't affect steering and handled better on the softer stuff, all without having to switch it on for the steep bits.
We'll see how it does now with the Torq-locker- can't wait!! The last time we were there we were breaking new trails where it really showed the deficiencies of the limited slip differential- earning the my 500 the nickname "the 3 legged goat". :mad:
I pretty much leave it alone in 4WD just like I used too before(unless on paved/hard packed roads, very rare for me). Once in a while i hear the ratcheting that reminds me that I have the locker now. They call mine "Mr. Seguin's goat" because of my last name :) Completely different machine now!

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
If I am on the trail I am in 4x4. I have learned that the word "Trail" is subjective anymore, a lot of youtube trail riding videos are what many would call the gravel road to the trail. :) But, now that I have the locker and power steering (with the 30" tires and 2" spacers with air shocks) I honestly think this is one of the best rigs going for the overall investment. The only thing I see that would challenge my interest is that new Can-Am XM-R HD10, but I don't see me spending $18k on one, I would however love to play follow the leader with one...I'll go first!

Can Am Defender X mr HD10 Carbon Black and Sunburst Yellow 3 4 front Central Florida PowerSports

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
If I am on the trail I am in 4x4. I have learned that the word "Trail" is subjective anymore, a lot of youtube trail riding videos are what many would call the gravel road to the trail. :) But, now that I have the locker and power steering (with the 30" tires and 2" spacers with air shocks) I honestly think this is one of the best rigs going for the overall investment. The only thing I see that would challenge my interest is that new Can-Am XM-R HD10, but I don't see me spending $18k on one, I would however love to play follow the leader with one...I'll go first!

2018_Can_Am_Defender_X_mr_HD10_Carbon_Black_and_Sunburst_Yellow_3-4_front_Central_Florida_PowerSports.jpg
I totally agree with you on the trail thingI;) and bang for the buck! I just went to the cannedham site for brief look. Another damn bus! It's ginormous. Still has a CVT, and yet another version of some kind of front diff almost lock, and was showing the starting price at over 19K! P-500 X's 2!! Why is everyone so adverse to just pushing a damn lever to engage a real differential lock!?.... are we really getting that lame?....Oh well.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I totally agree with you on the trail thingI;) and bang for the buck! I just went to the cannedham site for brief look. Another damn bus! It's ginormous. Still has a CVT, and yet another version of some kind of front diff almost lock, and was showing the starting price at over 19K! P-500 X's 2!! Why is everyone so adverse to just pushing a damn lever to engage a real differential lock!?.... are we really getting that lame?....Oh well.
An WE gots us a Torq-Locker! Uh-huh. Thas right! No compooters compootin, no brakes a grabbin an a-sukin up power an a- warin out dem pads, an no visco a-viscin!! jus good ole American mechanical ingenuity...thas right... jus 4 weels a drivin!....:p:D

advertisement
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I have no plans to switch anytime soon now that I am fairly well equipped to go anywhere, I think the Visco is on it's way out, the newer rigs are going with a real selectable locker, at least the top $$ Can Am stuff. It is big, I will be keeping an eye on what those sell for used in a few years. Torq-Masters has a cure for that Visco lock on the lesser rigs.. :)

D

Duckhunt

I was informed the 2nd batch will be back from heat treaters tomorrow so shipping should begin Friday or Tuesday!
"And now we play the waiting game... The waiting game sucks let's play hungry, hungry hippo!" -Homer Simpson

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just got back from muddy riding, love how you can “feel” the difference via steering wheel in 4wd with locker. Just right. Like said above, prefer the manual 4wd lever versus a electronic switch, and the paddle shifting. Engaged driving, being one with the mechanical machine “off roading.

Curious how many lockers were made on the first manufacturing run, and how many on second batch.

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Just got back from muddy riding, love how you can “feel” the difference via steering wheel in 4wd with locker. Just right. Like said above, prefer the manual 4wd lever versus a electronic switch, and the paddle shifting. Engaged driving, being one with the mechanical machine “off roading.I wondered about this too.

Curious how many lockers were made on the first manufacturing run, and how many on second batch.
I’d like to know that myself!
Just got back from muddy riding, love how you can “feel” the difference via steering wheel in 4wd with locker. Just right. Like said above, prefer the manual 4wd lever versus a electronic switch, and the paddle shifting. Engaged driving, being one with the mechanical machine “off roading.

I wondered about this too.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Just got her reply, here's the highlights:

"While I can't say how many have been sold, I can say that our next production run will ship on Tuesday. I'm giving our Wait List the heads up tomorrow AM. We will open up sales soon. "

"As with most new products we typically sell out quickly on our first production runs, but as we gauge the market we can increase as needed and demand will eventually even out. We saw the same sell outs with the Can-Am TORQ Locker, but now we have been in stock for over a year with no out of stock times."

I will keep you posted
Cora

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!