sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few of us this past weekend at Bull Run talked about guns and how we carried our guns.. Here is a short video on Appendix carry. Very fast, very effective. Keep your finger off the trigger and you will be fine...lol
I could never pull a gun out as fast as he can. The gun would get stuck in my jelly roll while trying to pull it out.

J

JTW

Keep your finger off the trigger and the gun will not go bang.
It SHOULDN'T go bang... but s*** happens. In the heat of the moment all it takes is a slip of a finger or something catching that trigger. There's good reason we don't point the muzzle at anything we're not wanting to shoot. That ranks VERY HIGH on my list of things I don't want to shoot! Lol..

J

Jshell3

It SHOULDN'T go bang... but s*** happens. In the heat of the moment all it takes is a slip of a finger or something catching that trigger. There's good reason we don't point the muzzle at anything we're not wanting to shoot. That ranks VERY HIGH on my list of things I don't want to shoot! Lol..
I've often thought about how many concealed guns we point at people that we wouldn't otherwise point guns at when not concealed... (out of sight, out of mind?!?)
Certain under arm (armpit) shoulder straps Miami Vice carry is tops on the list for pointing a pistol at the person behind you. Cross draw holster make you fan the muzzle across a range of ppl when drawing. Strong side hip is safest, according to the NRA instructors.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's where I am carrying mine. If it did go off, it would blow a hole in the floor next to my boot.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lately I've been using one of those shirts with the pocket/holster sewn into the armpit area. So far I like it for the wintertime at least when I can wear another button up shirt over it. The pistol points straight down in that pocket which I like. Proper concealment is essential out here in liberal land.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lately I've been using one of those shirts with the pocket/holster sewn into the armpit area. So far I like it for the wintertime at least when I can wear another button up shirt over it. The pistol points straight down in that pocket which I like. Proper concealment is essential out here in liberal land.
Ya I b**** sometimes about Washington being liberal because we're so close to Idaho it allows me to see both sides some (20 miles makes a huge difference) but I'm sure there it's way worse.

J

JTW

I've often thought about how many concealed guns we point at people that we wouldn't otherwise point guns at when not concealed... (out of sight, out of mind?!?)
Certain under arm (armpit) shoulder straps Miami Vice carry is tops on the list for pointing a pistol at the person behind you. Cross draw holster make you fan the muzzle across a range of ppl when drawing. Strong side hip is safest, according to the NRA instructors.
Prolly don't want to know.. I'm just a firm believer in don't point it at anything you don't want shot. I carry in a wallet holster and find myself taking it out when I'm seated, for this very reason. If I don't have the option of taking it out that's fine.. but I'd prefer not shooting myself in the ass by accident. Lol.. I'd be like Forest Gump and show everybody!

mbjeepxj

mbjeepxj

Mar 21, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I appendix carry. It's the only method that I can conceal completely no matter what I wear. When I first started carrying, I tried the usual 4 o'clock, but the damn grip would be so obvious when sitting or bending over to pick something up. And that's with a small single-stack 9mm. I even tried the huge hybrid holsters with 2 belt clips and couldn't stand the ordeal it takes to put on and take off the holster.
I'm a 32" waist and sitting down while carrying appendix isn't bad at all. It's gotta be single clip Kydex IWB for me from here on out. I can take my still holstered gun off in a matter of seconds to put in my vehicle's lock box when needed and vice versa.

Thanks for posting the video. I've seen it before but I couldn't find it again when I wanted to show a friend of mine.
We've done hot drills before with draw and shoot with a timer. I can do sub 2 seconds easily from appendix concealed. But that dude is insanely fast.

And, I'm not worried about blowing my junk off. I've practiced a lot ( i mean A LOT) when home doing dry fire drills just to build up my muscle memory. A good Kydex holster and good trigger discipline and practice practice practice. No worries.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I appendix carry. It's the only method that I can conceal completely no matter what I wear. When I first started carrying, I tried the usual 4 o'clock, but the damn grip would be so obvious when sitting or bending over to pick something up. And that's with a small single-stack 9mm. I even tried the huge hybrid holsters with 2 belt clips and couldn't stand the ordeal it takes to put on and take off the holster.
I'm a 32" waist and sitting down while carrying appendix isn't bad at all. It's gotta be single clip Kydex IWB for me from here on out. I can take my still holstered gun off in a matter of seconds to put in my vehicle's lock box when needed and vice versa.

Thanks for posting the video. I've seen it before but I couldn't find it again when I wanted to show a friend of mine.
We've done hot drills before with draw and shoot with a timer. I can do sub 2 seconds easily from appendix concealed. But that dude is insanely fast.

And, I'm not worried about blowing my junk off. I've practiced a lot ( i mean A LOT) when home doing dry fire drills just to build up my muscle memory. A good Kydex holster and good trigger discipline and practice practice practice. No worries.
I think you are spot on... I've been carrying appendix way before it was cool and have done extensive force on force drills and training. No doubt in my mind that it is the fastest access position and is the best to protect the weapon as well. When it goes sideways and you are at bad breath distance, nothing else works as well. I'm positive - been there and done that.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!