Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That guy is crazy fast and I do believe with practice it's probably the quickest but I'm nearly always carrying and prefer a full frame double stack. (I do carry pocket pistol as backup) We've spent so many years on dirt bikes, dropped a couple and had a friend lose one (shhh it was found lol) and late night activities in the woods that for us the only way became the Blackhawk Serpa. I run mine a little forward for easier concealing but no matter what even through many crashes I've never lost a pistol in one and with its trigger button release it's fast with finger already on the trigger. I'm under 2 sec from firing from a secure holder and have had to test that but so far only on animals.
I'd consider switching to something like this but familiarization with pistol and holster is important to me. Again like it was said several times here practice practice practice. No one should carry without 1000 rds down the pipe imo.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I carry a 4" 44 mag. I'm not as concerned about people as I am four legged furry things not being happy with me. I don't think I can appendix carry that thing... lol. I either wear it on my chest holstered or strap the holster to the cage to my left.

Edit... to my right... lol

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The 320gr HCFN I carry should do the job if I can hit the target

Plenty at getting the job done yes! I think we just pictured you as carrying a Dino killer "just in case"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I understand the speed and the concealment advantage but I sure can't wrap my head around actually carrying this way. Lol.. my dad was a police officer for 35 years and a range instructor on top of that. I've just heard too many stories and have muzzle direction engrained in my mind far too deeply.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
J

JTW

I appendix carry. It's the only method that I can conceal completely no matter what I wear. When I first started carrying, I tried the usual 4 o'clock, but the damn grip would be so obvious when sitting or bending over to pick something up. And that's with a small single-stack 9mm. I even tried the huge hybrid holsters with 2 belt clips and couldn't stand the ordeal it takes to put on and take off the holster.
I'm a 32" waist and sitting down while carrying appendix isn't bad at all. It's gotta be single clip Kydex IWB for me from here on out. I can take my still holstered gun off in a matter of seconds to put in my vehicle's lock box when needed and vice versa.

Thanks for posting the video. I've seen it before but I couldn't find it again when I wanted to show a friend of mine.
We've done hot drills before with draw and shoot with a timer. I can do sub 2 seconds easily from appendix concealed. But that dude is insanely fast.

And, I'm not worried about blowing my junk off. I've practiced a lot ( i mean A LOT) when home doing dry fire drills just to build up my muscle memory. A good Kydex holster and good trigger discipline and practice practice practice. No worries.
You've got good taste in Hondas!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yea they do...I had a 45-70 govt Thompson center with a 12" ported barrel. :eek:

Sounds fun minus the ported barrel at night lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jshell3

Going for whatever moves at 800 yards;). That's as far as I've got er out to. I'd like to get to at last 1000. But haven't found a place to do so yet
I like to pretend that I can shoot long distance w my 308. I'm a reloader, too.

Truth is, I'm stoked to hit a 1/2 pound of tanerite at 300.
I couldn't imagine going out past that. I won't even try.
So big props to you!
A friend of mine who shoots LR says anybody can get to 600, beyond that EVERYTHING comes into play.

J

JTW

I like to pretend that I can shoot long distance w my 308. I'm a reloader, too.

Truth is, I'm stoked to hit a 1/2 pound of tanerite at 300.
I couldn't imagine going out past that. I won't even try.
So big props to you!
A friend of mine who shoots LR says anybody can get to 600, beyond that EVERYTHING comes into play.
That first part got me tickled!

Reactions: GlockMeister
J

Jshell3

That first part got me tickled!
Well, Its true. I've got a little shooters mat I roll out. I got a fine set of bipods and leather sand bags. A cheek pad on stock. A "0" reset BDC scope w/ dope sheet as well...

I should be better than I am. Ha!

"Jack of all trades... Master of none". I remember my Dad's favorite saying growing up.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!