PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Oh and side note, I was going to replace the bushing that took hit but factory doesn’t make replacement, you need to buy the whole arm. Parts dealer said most manufacturers are like that. I thought that stupid and I didn’t spend a ton of time but couldn’t find anyone that does make it. One of you all might know of something. But I don’t see damage so going to run it.
They do that so you will buy the entire part. It is the same for the Radius Rods the the 4th Link and Knuckle on the R.

They were talking about that bushing not being replaceable in another thread but I don't remember if it was about an X or R. I don't remember where or who though.

Ah leave it to @PaulF to figure it out. Ya by what I could find there wasn’t a direct fit either. I’m pretty sure mine is ok so running it. That’s good information though, probably be back to looking into that down the road
Yes, that would be me :)

They are special made for the Talon only and I have located and placed an order for a few hundred of them and will be offering them at around $30 so you don't have to buy a $400 Trailing Arm or Knuckle over a $30 part.

I will be getting the bushings shortly and have them up for sale and let you know as soon as they are available.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They do that so you will buy the entire part. It is the same for the Radius Rods the the 4th Link and Knuckle on the R.

They are special made for the Talon only and I have located and placed an order for a few hundred of them and will be offering them at around $30 so you don't have to buy a $400 Trailing Arm or Knuckle over a $30 part.

I will be getting the bushings shortly and have them up for sale and let you know as soon as they are available.

yell at me when they come in. Going to put her together but that bushing will always bug me a little so I’ll get yours coming.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What about asking @RB3offroad to build those bushings for that trailing arm and others?
WB
I will give them credit that their bushings held up best in the SATV a arms on Pioneer. Still went through a set finally but they held up much longer.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Oh I’ll get it, paint is my thing. But…wtf is that code. Why have it and give hope? Stupid.
Do you have access to one of those paint reading camera thingies? Take several photos from different angles and the computer tells you how to mix for a nearly perfect match. I saw one on a Robby Layton video, it was magic IMO.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do you have access to one of those paint reading camera thingies? Take several photos from different angles and the computer tells you how to mix for a nearly perfect match. I saw one on a Robby Layton video, it was magic IMO.
Yes. But the Profit only comes up with known colors in a paint system. It doesn’t give you makeup of a given color, it comes up with closest existing color for a code. They work good for solid colors (not so much with pearls) but if color doesn’t exist in the system it may be way off. So it won’t work here. What I made is at least ballpark so I’ll just have to tint.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Started from scratch to make the frame color. Pretty damn close, good enough to blend out. Going to be needing it this weekend on the rear suspension mount section

7E77AB1E 6304 4A45 A3FF 5B6A3F2D03A8

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

I'll definitely take a few pairs of those off your hands when you get them in. Hopefully I'll never need them, but like you said it's a much better alternative to buying a big money assembly just to replace a single bushing.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I'll definitely take a few pairs of those off your hands when you get them in. Hopefully I'll never need them, but like you said it's a much better alternative to buying a big money assembly just to replace a single bushing.
Same, just let us know @PaulF , thanks!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
First non Honda part. Half the Talons I’ve rode had the low bang issue that everyone talks about so figured I’d get this right off the bat. Seems like a no brainer.
I really do like how it’ll function in the trail. Always hated wiggling the shifter around in Pioneer. I know not big deal but Nice seeing something new finally.
My local friend with Talon has his stock still and I picked him up one as well, came over tonight and we’d talked awhile, he’s going to build his as well so he told me buy two of everything and we’ll build up the same. Makes sense as we ride same trails and both have same fairly aggressive driving styles.
80A754BB A2D7 4E4C 9022 543E03F3979A

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@PaulF i know you were making the relocation kits. I was wondering if you made for the Live Valve? I didn’t see anything on that. Looking for 2 kits one LV and one standard.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
@PaulF i know you were making the relocation kits. I was wondering if you made for the Live Valve? I didn’t see anything on that. Looking for 2 kits one LV and one standard.
Paul only made 100 or 200 of them, then 'retired'. He was clear, upfront, that this would be a limited production. I believe @sspeederr stepped up to make a similar version.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Paul only made 100 or 200 of them, then 'retired'. He was clear, upfront, that this would be a limited production. I believe @sspeederr stepped up to make a similar version.
I remember him saying it was limited. Damn I guess I took too long to get the Talon😢

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have one of his and it's a nice piece.

@CumminsPusher, what made you decide to go with the Hess shifter plate vs other brands?
Ya I wanted one.
Talked to a couple people that said that right way to go. Hess seems to make good stuff. Now you got me nervous?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!