CP’s Talon Rebuild

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Wait, mine just had a signed picture of Erik in some @SuperATV cutoff jorts... Yall got decals?!
I just threw up in my mouth! 🤮
And.........

you-are-welcome-youre-welcome.gif

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Gotta couple more goods today. Again just protection stuff nothing cool but giving it hell to make this thing handle the trees. Went with cheapies here, going to see how well the slider’s hold up and how often they get me stuck. Seems just slightly wider then Pioneer so I’m concerned but I’ll try um.

F8B539D9 E2F8 4EE1 8BA9 FB2A39F43A73

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotta couple more goods today. Again just protection stuff nothing cool but giving it hell to make this thing handle the trees. Went with cheapies here, going to see how well the slider’s hold up and how often they get me stuck. Seems just slightly wider then Pioneer so I’m concerned but I’ll try um.

View attachment 318569
You and trigger will be able to swap nerf bar stories before ya know it. I can’t wait to read them! 🤣😂

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Now need trailing arm. Started getting things together the other night and realized the wheel was toed way out. Did apply a little heat but it’s bent at the back of the trailing arm in the cast steel section. Might’ve been able to get it back but it’ll never retain original strength so no point. New one ordered through Partzilla but it’s backordered, couldn’t find any others in any color.
Waiting on front section also so I’m dead in the water for a bit. Jobs been busy and can’t seem to stay up with side jobs even as much as work so it’s back to that for awhile.

CE61EC3A 4D0D 4050 9DA5 3BBD94B7B83F

advertisement
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@CP, lots of talk about shifter plates and snake oil to make the sub trans shift right.
Replace the star wheel and shaft as pointed out here by @HondaTech

Project looks like it's coming along nicely.
Just need to find a rear arm...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CP, lots of talk about shifter plates and snake oil to make the sub trans shift right.
Replace the star wheel and shaft as pointed out here by @HondaTech

Project looks like it's coming along nicely.
Just need to find a rear arm...
Thank you sir. Ya if you hear of an arm floating around…
I’ll take that from you as a necessary part change for cold shift. Thanks for the link Lee.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 318569
Looks great! I got the same ones

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks great! I got the same ones
They seem good and for money can’t complain. Cheaper then the plastics they should protect.
Most of the side plastics that could get damaged other then colored stuff is really reasonable but the lower rear fender extensions are brutal and hard to come by and judging by others I’ve rode locally get yarded off is why I chose to do the rock sliders. Wish there was a slimmer solution.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I know it's too late since you already bought the SATV skid, that said, the Trail Armor wraps way up the sides.

Photo thx to Trail Armor. It doesn't go as far forward as the SATV as far as I know, you can see the front two fasteners where it quits.

Best pic I have of mine -

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
They seem good and for money can’t complain. Cheaper then the plastics they should protect.
Most of the side plastics that could get damaged other then colored stuff is really reasonable but the lower rear fender extensions are brutal and hard to come by and judging by others I’ve rode locally get yarded off is why I chose to do the rock sliders. Wish there was a slimmer solution.
When u get them on, theyll look good

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know it's too late since you already bought the SATV skid, that said, the Trail Armor wraps way up the sides.

Photo thx to Trail Armor. It doesn't go as far forward as the SATV as far as I know, you can see the front two fasteners where it quits.
View attachment 318748

View attachment 318750
That’ll definitely do a good job low down. Ya it’s that lower rear piece that sticks out I’m worried about. I’m sure sliders will space rig enough away from sliding around trees but have a feeling they will jamb up in places.
It’s just not the Pioneer platform anymore so I’m going to have to get use to that probably give up some in this machine. Night rides may become restricted to the p1k5

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 318748

View attachment 318750
Ya was on a severe price point with the skids. And I did look to see but if needed later I can still get the skid protection from where mine stop up around. Truthfully I’m trying to get an awful lot done with minimal funds. What’s frustrating is I’m not able to just buy goods, gotta buy factory stuff to rebuild the machine as I go too, something I’m not use to on an initial build. Trying to do best bang for buck and still be protected.
Really struggling with front bumper now because one I want is probably one of most expensive but don’t want to purchase something else first. All of this is a constant head game lol. Had more money available when did Pioneer but this one not being financed slows the fun stuff a bit. Might be a little haphazard looking but it’s moving forward best I can.😊

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ya was on a severe price point with the skids. And I did look to see but if needed later I can still get the skid protection from where mine stop up around. Truthfully I’m trying to get an awful lot done with minimal funds. What’s frustrating is I’m not able to just buy goods, gotta buy factory stuff to rebuild the machine as I go. Trying to do best bang for buck and still be protected.
Really struggling with front bumper now because one I want is probably one of most expensive but don’t want to purchase something else first. All of this is a constant head game lol. Had more money available when did Pioneer but this one not being financed slows the fun stuff a bit. Might be a little haphazard looking but it’s moving forward best I can.
I understand, that's how I lived my life - between a rock and a hard place. 😢 And I didn't have to deal with covid availability issues. :-|

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!