image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I thought i went all out buying a kris Kristopherson greatest hit cd off amazon. You beat me here. Lol
You shouldn't be tipsy when in eBay lol. Ordered the right stuff last night a little more senceable. Ordered a Rockford Fosgate punch 500rms mono and a punch300rms 4ch. These are waterproof and are designed for powersports. Always loved Fosgate and these are very compact and very efficient which is we are forced to be aware of
IMG 8839

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Spent lots of time figuring out which sub to go with. There are several waterproof units but the Wetsounds 12" comp looks right for the 1.5ft air space in the box
IMG 8840

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nice! Should punch hard with that combo!;)
I'm hoping so. The Fosgate we had in there slowly went weird after having several inches of water over it. And the Infinity sub didn't have near enough airspace prior. With these amps there will be no need the mount in the box so that frees up some space and everything is designed correctly this time.
My previous amp I had laying around and sub was wrong for the box. This whole system had went into the 700 then both 1000's so it's nice to finally give PJ more of its own. You learn some each build, trying to update

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm hoping so. The Fosgate we had in there slowly went weird after having several inches of water over it. And the Infinity sub didn't have near enough airspace prior. With these amps there will be no need the mount in the box so that frees up some space and everything is designed correctly this time.
My previous amp I had laying around and sub was wrong for the box. This whole system had went into the 700 then both 1000's so it's nice to finally give PJ more of its own. You learn some each build, trying to update
Well PJ will be badass! There will be no need for anyone else to have a system with that set up!
I have a ton of projects for the Beast, but this damn weather will not cooperate! Started on it today but it was too damn cold!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well PJ will be badass! There will be no need for anyone else to have a system with that set up!
I have a ton of projects for the Beast, but this damn weather will not cooperate! Started on it today but it was too damn cold!

Such a pain being limited everything has to be super efficient and you still can't do what you want. Frustrating! There are plenty of us that will be bumpin'! Lots of great setups.
We just had another dump last night. How are you looking up there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
About 20 degrees for a high and windy with light snow! Too much snow too soon really shut me down this winter! Now I just want it to end!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
About 20 degrees for a high and windy with light snow! Too much snow too soon really shut me down this winter! Now I just want it to end!

Same boat here. Think snow will be gone when we head out?? Grrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 8868
New Warn finally going in. Pretty excited to use this if needed. Have 12k 5/16 synthetic going in I'll measure the left over to see exactly what spools in.

This will allow us to use the old front in the rear. I've decided to run this Warn 4500 instead of a 3500 we were planning in rear as well because we'll probably use that more then the nose, however we'll be running 1/4 7800 synthetic on this.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
puddle Jumper is back in pieces! Ton of added wiring going in so we're cleaning things up all the way throughout. Many things were added at different times so she was never down for camping so it's a bit of a mess. Need this whole setup to live the life of the machine...it's a Honda might last a bit lol. She's going to be a wreck for a couple weeks.
IMG 8866

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got one of the two amps today and they weren't kidding on its size! Both will be able to be mounted in the area above the fuel tank. Still waiting on the amp for the rumble but this will power the 12 overheads very nicely.
IMG 8914

It's nice to get an amp with actual ratings. 300 watts doesn't mean 300 anymore but does with Rockford. Actually tested at drastically more with a CEA-rating of 333 impressive from this size I'll bet she gets warm

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Getting ready for new exhaust to get here next week. Pulled the old rusted unit out and the new one is much smaller,stainless steel as well, and will give enough room for the rear mounted winch to tuck up inside. I didn't want this hanging off the reciever as we still use that and it's to easy to get damaged. Got a Warn winch mount because I wanted this as compact as possible. Plenty of room though with the monster exhaust/ catalytic converter gone for good.

There's a big weight reduction even with winch and new exhaust added.

IMG 8897

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting ready for new exhaust to get here next week. Pulled the old rusted unit out and the new one is much smaller,stainless steel as well, and will give enough room for the rear mounted winch to tuck up inside. I didn't want this hanging off the reciever as we still use that and it's to easy to get damaged. Got a Warn winch mount because I wanted this as compact as possible. Plenty of room though with the monster exhaust/ catalytic converter gone for good. View attachment 37437

There's a big weight reduction even with winch and new exhaust added.

View attachment 37438
Kinda like throwing a chair off the deck of the titanic. As much stuff as you have are you going to notice 20lbs?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Kinda like throwing a chair off the deck of the titanic. As much stuff as you have are you going to notice 20lbs?
No but nice to subtract something every once in a while. Got programmer in as well and wow it fills the garage with the smell fuel. Can't let it run indoors anymore.

advertisement