image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

You suck!

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This may sound silly, but I'm not a personal fan of the chopped look lol. I'm more than happy to lend a hand with yours though. Just let me know few days ahead of time and I'll be there.

Yeah, I've been on the fence about it for a while but think I'm about ready.

I know that once I'm in the vehicle, I will really enjoy it. But I question the times I'm working around home and I jump in and out of it over and over.

Also, I'll have to deal with the front windshield and the rear fabric window.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by Delton: You ain't riding the Bull without some type of collateral damage. Scratches, gouges, etc. But if you do happen to be the type that Armoralls your tires and waxes your panels, we have a nice stretch of blacktop you can raise hell on lmao

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I know that once I'm in the vehicle, I will really enjoy it. But I question the times I'm working around home and I jump in and out of it over and over.

SIGNATURE:

I got you on the back window. Hit me up when you're ready

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

SIGNATURE:

I have no regrets Joey! You'll like it!! I think the shocks work so well with the rear end the sway bar gone is great. Speeds are a little different but not bad. Actually better with ruts and bumps

Sent from iPhone

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no regrets Joey! You'll like it!! I think the shocks work so well with the rear end the sway bar gone is great. Speeds are a little different but not bad. Actually better with ruts and bumps

Sent from iPhone
I may try it just to see how it feels. Just don't want it getting squirrely on me doing speed around a curve lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Sent from iPhone
I bet it does better at keeping all 4 wheels on the ground with it removed.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

SIGNATURE:

I'm 6'5" I need all the head room I can get. The chopped look, looks cool though.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@drfubar i wanted to say thank you for sharing your videos with the garmin because I've been wanting to get a camera for a long time but my wife didn't see the importance until we were watching your videos. She immediately said wow wouldn't that be nice? Well that gave me the green light and she said she'd even help. I research stuff very well and even though the iPhone takes incredible pics I wanted something dedicated because we just miss too much and had been looking at GoPro but after more looking I said no way. Got a smoking great deal used on eBay at under half price very happy! The GoPro does take 4K video but I've seen the difference side by side and was happy enough with the Garmin. Can't be beat with gps! You can even find the camera if lost. We had 4 iPhones wified into it with full controls and video/audio on all. Now we can even sit in back and watch the action. Anyways you started this one for us I'd never heard of it so props are given! Thanks big guy!!

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5

SIGNATURE:

I'm in the same boat for both the cage chop and sway bar. I had quick-disconnects on the 1-ton solid-axled Sierra I built a while back, but never got to use them before I sold it to buy my first SXS. The cage chop is also an issue for me because most of the time I run mine in 3 seat version, not 5, but I realize I could bolt it together then take it back off after the chop. I also wonder how a chop top may affect resale value.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think you'd bring it up at time of sale? I REALLY don't miss either! With the lift kit this still sits 2 inches lower and was definitely more stable then before the lift and cut. There's so much waisted space up there. I still have my speaker bars. If I was build another one I'd do the snorkel first then the chop. It literally cost me $30 to cut and about 4 hours by myself.
The sway bar might not be for everyone but the only negatives I've seen is sidehilling in soft stuff for sure and very high speed pavement. EVERYWHERE else it's incredible. I'll take the 5% scary feeling for the 95% bad ass any day! Capability went through the roof with these three mods. We get around in the tight stuff so much better. Actually use 4wd less unless on dirt road then I use it because it feels better. We're going to climb the worst hill we know this weekend (it's called clutch burner hill by us dirt bike guys and hasn't been attempted by any quad or sxs I know of) and see how it performs. I went up once in the 700 but almost died because it didn't have enough power or clearance and had to tie to one of the few trees on it to turn around. I probably wouldn't have attempted it again without this setup.

Sent from iPhone

That's a good point, now I just need to find someone with a welder and some free time. It does get hit on every single tree branch just about so its even more functional while it looks better! Maybe 2-3" wouldn't hurt. After that, I'm sure the sway bar removal would be more beneficial because it would be less top heavy.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@amc019 if you got serious on the chop you could always cut it and prep it out with household items and bring it to a muffler or welding shop for the welds then finish it off yourself.

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's true! I have a couple buddies with welders and such, so I know I could get it done once I decide to do so. But I havent been able to find much time to work on the rig in awhile, I've had that light bar and PDM sitting in the shop for months now and they haven't moved lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's true! I have a couple buddies with welders and such, so I know I could get it done once I decide to do so. But I havent been able to find much time to work on the rig in awhile, I've had that light bar and PDM sitting in the shop for months now and they haven't moved lol.
Whereabouts you live? (Sorry hard to keep up with everyone). If youre close to middle TN I can hook you up with the welding

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whereabouts you live? (Sorry hard to keep up with everyone). If youre close to middle TN I can hook you up with the welding

Little Rock, quite the drive from y'all. But maybe someday I'll make it over that way to hit the trails with you and @joeymt33 and knock out the cage at the same time, maybe I can bring @Tot with me too. But my next major modification will be the internal gear reduction people are talking about on the Facebook page, if it ever happens. That could really change the identities of a lot of our rigs, as portals are not something I'm interested in.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Little Rock, quite the drive from y'all. But maybe someday I'll make it over that way to hit the trails with you and @joeymt33 and knock out the cage at the same time, maybe I can bring @Tot with me too. But my next major modification will be the internal gear reduction people are talking about on the Facebook page, if it ever happens. That could really change the identities of a lot of our rigs, as portals are not something I'm interested in.
Well Joey has been wanting to do his too. Could just make a day of it lol. I'm not interested in portals either. These things are plenty wide as they are.

advertisement