image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 6503

Well it's that time of year to try and stay dry. Pulled out the full windshield so I could cut it down. I'm bringing the template of glass missing 6 1/4 inches to have them cut me a slightly tinted piece. I wasn't planning on tint but there is plenty of light and it'll look cool so screw it. I bought it for over 300 off broken and haven't replaced it yet. 112 for new tinted glass so it's even 20 cheaper the a full one, bonus! I'll go white with the frame because tint always looks good against white and it'll be different.
Pulled glass and cut the frame in half to judge exactly what's going to happen. Since ROPs were cut the roof panel sits further back and doesn't line up for a good seal but that'll just be trimming on top.i designed the roof to sit lower in the center to drain the water on top correctly so that will become a little more trimming and slightly moved center mounts. The lower mounts on the windshield have to be moved down so holes welded and re drilled. It'll cost more time and money then the roof chop but I knew that going in and I like the glass it will seal as good as it did and be about 15 pounds lighter. Doors are next because this isn't a fair weather rig but one thing at a time.
IMG 6500
IMG 6505

View attachment 22748

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
White is gonna look awesome!
I hope so. There isn't much of a frame but it'll be different. I'm wanting to do the upper side doors in white as well and probably the wheel centers.
Which reminds me @Hondasxs is there any way I can possibly get two more of the white inline Hondasxs.com decals? I won't be representing at all next weekend :-(

Last edited:
Reactions: pct and Eltobgi
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What happened to your windshield a rock or a screwdriver just wondering looking good
Paul

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good! I gotta get some of those A Arm guards as I was hitting some rocks and tore a hole in my canopy slidding off trees on the corners.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What happened to your windshield a rock or a screwdriver just wondering looking good
Paul

I actually bought it broken. Honda has had a problem with shipping on these and many have come in shattered. I called my dealer after learning this and said keep an eye out. I got a call went down and talked them down 300 bucks knowing it would cost 100 to fix. Sometimes I do things unconventionally to save money in the end just very cash conscience I guess. We haven't replaced it since just ran with it thankfully so now it's time.

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: pct and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks good! I gotta get some of those A Arm guards as I was hitting some rocks and tore a hole in my canopy slidding off trees on the corners.

@Stauvo these are very well made units trust me. Save some money over factory for the much more solid pieces. I'm very happy with these!

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: pct
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher did you totally remove the swaybar or just unbolt something? It'd be nice if I could just unbolt something so I can "try before you buy" lol. If possible, post a pic of what/where you unbolted.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Tinted glass?o_O

Well why not? Got plenty of light usually at night we're wearing sunglasses with the partial windshield. Figured if I'm going to be replacing it might as well go big. Almost got mirror glass but figured cops would hate that

Sent from iPhone

Reactions: pct and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm impressed!:eek: That is going to look sweet! How long before we get to see it together and mounted?o_O

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can I tint the hard coat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DGann
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow. Nice work! I doubt I'd want to tint mine, but it looks great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You can as long as it's pretty scratch free. Tint is a lot softer then the hard coat and will scratch a little easier. This is why on my partial windshield I used tinted automotive clear. The glass I'm using on this is actually internally tinted so it'll still perform like the factory piece

Sent from iPhone

advertisement