image.jpeg

P1000 Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Third build on a Pioneer platform in a year it can only get better. More lighting,more automation,more protection, more innovation, more storage,more ability,more suspension,more passengers and more fun. Less weight,less vibrations,less roof. Tiring.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Working on turn signals. Had this stuff for awhile but time to get it on. Decided to do the same setup as our last couple Pioneers and use a 15 watt led that switches to amber during turn mode mounted at the very front, It's easily seen even during the day.

B

Bobsagetisgod

Jan 23, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Working on turn signals. Had this stuff for awhile but time to get it on. Decided to do the same setup as our last couple Pioneers and use a 15 watt led that switches to amber during turn mode mounted at the very front, It's easily seen even during the day.

I'll be doing the same thing this weekend except for using the turnpro set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 8420
Well I decided a quick upgrade to get the interior up to temp a little quicker. Once warmed up it's great but takes about 15 minutes of riding and I wanted to speed that up. We already had fans on the roof for defrost so I added a cheap light weight electric heater. Just double back tape to the roof. We already had power at the front ROPS so just plugged her in and gets power when key is on. 5 minutes made it nicer.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 31962 Well I decided a quick upgrade to get the interior up to temp a little quicker. Once warmed up it's great but takes about 15 minutes of riding and I wanted to speed that up. We already had fans on the roof for defrost so I added a cheap light weight electric heater. Just double back tape to the roof. We already had power at the front ROPS so just plugged her in and gets power when key is on. 5 minutes made it nicer.
Your next install is going to have to be a nuclear generator to make enough power for all your addons.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 8498
The Pioneer and the Polaris have been at my friends Yamaha dealer both getting a couple things done. We trade out a lot of work which is great for me because out of pocket goes drastically down. The Pioneer is in for a valve adjust which I have no problem doing but on this machine I'd like documentation that it's done. The Polaris is a different animal it's getting so much done including a rebuild it's ridiculous
At any rate I'm not a big fan of the tires that come on the pioneer they seem to wear out to quick for us so we're having the tires swapped with the Polaris, they are a set that originally were on a larger set of wheels on our 700.
Since the tires are being swapped it was a good time to try out another tire pressure monitoring system (Tpms). This one has adjustable warnings and is supposed to work with low pressures will see.
Can't figure out anything without testing first sometimes because no one seems to do certain things I'll report back

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 32205 The Pioneer and the Polaris have been at my friends Yamaha dealer both getting a couple things done. We trade out a lot of work which is great for me because out of pocket goes drastically down. The Pioneer is in for a valve adjust which I have no problem doing but on this machine I'd like documentation that it's done. The Polaris is a different animal it's getting so much done including a rebuild it's ridiculous
At any rate I'm not a big fan of the tires that come on the pioneer they seem to wear out to quick for us so we're having the tires swapped with the Polaris, they are a set that originally were on a larger set of wheels on our 700.
Since the tires are being swapped it was a good time to try out another tire pressure monitoring system (Tpms). This one has adjustable warnings and is supposed to work with low pressures will see.
Can't figure out anything without testing first sometimes because no one seems to do certain things I'll report back
You are definitely the "hondasxs" guinea pig, but I know we all appreciate your hard work. If it works out for you, I will be on the list to give it a try.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You are definitely the "hondasxs" guinea pig, but I know we all appreciate your hard work. If it works out for you, I will be on the list to give it a try.

I'm not one who checks pressures before every ride and we've ruined several tires and had tires pop off and ruin a ride because of running too low or flat. It's hard to tell pressures with 6-8 ply on these. I want this to work and will keep trying till it does.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What tire will be on the Pioneero_O Size? Ply? Etc...

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What tire will be on the Pioneero_O Size? Ply? Etc...
Sedona Ripsaws 8ply. 27in. They will be just slightly taller but wider. I like these tires theyve held up very well and are the only ones we've never had a flat with. They are monsters on the quad lol.

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sedona Ripsaws 8ply. 25in. They will be just slightly taller but wider. I like these tires theyve held up very well and are the only ones we've never had a flat with. They are monsters on the quad lol.
I have the same tires on the foreman and have had the same results! Never had a flat!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have the same tires on the foreman and have had the same results! Never had a flat!

I don't even see deep gouges. I spent some time researching before we bought these for the 700. To me dependability is very important and I'm f***ing sick of flats. I figure between these the tpms and repair kit there's one less thing to worry about. Getting ready for April!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't even see deep gouges. I spent some time researching before we bought these for the 700. To me dependability is very important and I'm f***ing sick of flats. I figure between these the tpms and repair kit there's one less thing to worry about. Getting ready for April!

My Sedona rock a Billy's did awesome last weekend. Pretty impressed with them so far. The guy at the dealer said he runs them and has never had a flat.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My Sedona rock a Billy's did awesome last weekend. Pretty impressed with them so far. The guy at the dealer said he runs them and has never had a flat.

I'm sure there's other good ones out there but these have been great and was able to rape the Polaris for free lol. When these get worn out I'll look pretty hard again at different tires but the stupid things still have about 90% which is much better than I can say for the stock ones. They'll allow another year. Why let the Polaris enjoy them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have been very impressed with my Rip-Saws. They look almost brand new and work very good in Tennessee mud and on South Texas rock ledges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
That's really good to hear about the Tennessee mud!! LOL

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lol, I was wondering about you dropping two sizes:eek: lol

I didn't even notice lol. I think stock are actually 25.5 or something but these are a little taller

advertisement