P500 Torq-Masters torq locker feedback

jphunter55

jphunter55

May 7, 2017
Indian River County, Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Received my Torq-locker today and installed today. I did it blindfolded because I watched JWB and jay_man81 videos so much they just kept playing in my head when I closed my eyes! ... Very much appreciate Chooglin, JWB and jay_man81 help in getting this locker to market. Big thanks to Cora at Torq-masters for hearing our cry for help and building the P500 locker. I'll have alot more confidence now slogging thru the Everglades with my new Torq-locker.

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 80349 yeepeee it’s here time to install it thank everyone involved for making this happen... special thanks to Cora from torq locker for taking interest in our little p 500’s glad to see it’s starting to get some attention.
Sure is nice to see "made in the USA" on the box.

Cora seems to be an awesome business woman. She reminds me of business owners from years gone by. Hope you sell tons of these and everything else on your shelves!

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Cora seems to be an awesome business woman. She reminds me of business owners from years gone by. Hope you sell tons of these and everything else on your shelves!

Yeah, when I called there before they were released, didn't get some BS answering machine or zit faced kid that doesn't know anything, she answered the phone and addressed my questions and concerns first hand. Just having a phone number to contact them is a bonus, now days they usually give you some email address that no one ever replies to. I guess there are still some people that handle their business the old fashioned way.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I just drove around the yard... with my 30" tractor tires I had to order power steering. That kinda sucks, now I have to give up more money and my much needed underhood storage.

EDIT to add, I am certain it will be worth it.
I haven't gone out to look at my machine yet, but, I think there's enough harness length to mount the controller in an alternate position. That might give you back most of that area. I know there's no alternative to the servo mount though....

Reactions: pFive and Dp5hunter
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500

AMEN!! This was why I was so excited and honored to be given the opportunity to be involved in even a small way, with Torqmasters! Not just that I wanted a locker for my P500, but after doing some research on the company, and having run my mouth for years about American companies leaving the country, or being bought out, or being out-performed by foreigners, I desperately wanted (and still want) to do whatever I could to support a truly American company, that truly operates using the standards and morals that made the U.S.A. the greatest country in the world! There seems to be so few "Made in America, for Americans (and the world), by Americans, and owned by Americans" companies left.
If anyone has doubts about Torqmasters, read the warranty with your lockers, and then read the warranty for any other product you buy. Note the glaring absence of fine print and 'outs' that let them wiggle out of covering a failure.
So ya, this Torq-Locker is a win-win-win, situation that is just plain good for everyone! How often do we see that?!:)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Job complete-sticker affixed. “Locker” and “Honda” in same pic, sweeeet. LOL

961BE9D4 2626 4E6C 97D8 A75ACEDD030F

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
AMEN!! This was why I was so excited and honored to be given the opportunity to be involved in even a small way, with Torqmasters! Not just that I wanted a locker for my P500, but after doing some research on the company, and having run my mouth for years about American companies leaving the country, or being bought out, or being out-performed by foreigners, I desperately wanted (and still want) to do whatever I could to support a truly American company, that truly operates using the standards and morals that made the U.S.A. the greatest country in the world! There seems to be so few "Made in America, for Americans (and the world), by Americans, and owned by Americans" companies left.
If anyone has doubts about Torqmasters, read the warranty with your lockers, and then read the warranty for any other product you buy. Note the glaring absence of fine print and 'outs' that let them wiggle out of covering a failure.
So ya, this Torq-Locker is a win-win-win, situation that is just plain good for everyone! How often do we see that?!:)
A little off topic- sorry

Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
ok got it installed and I’m correcting some other issues I’ve been ignoring for a while but did ride it around a little already with out ps in 4wd and can still seer one handed just riding in the yard doesn’t seem to have affected steering difficulty much at all if any...

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
ok got it installed and I’m correcting some other issues I’ve been ignoring for a while but did ride it around a little already with out ps in 4wd and can still seer one handed just riding in the yard doesn’t seem to have affected steering difficulty much at all if any...
That is what I want to hear as I do not plan on putting PS in ours, maybe when I finally get larger tires.

advertisement
Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
ok so rode for a good few hours today and it is awesome really can’t evan tell it’s in there as far as steering goes and very satisfied with the performance I can just craw places where I once before had to hit hard in second and go through Places where I use to get stuck

J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Here’s a tip for you guys, use a HD grease on the mating surface of the upper torq locker ratchet to the case. It will help hold the upper portion in place while sliding the top center portion of the assembly onto the lower center portion through the carrier access hole.

10f46fa7eaa76239d7934ac7ddcc2d7a

A45797ea3b63e51e64f4e8ed1adef6a6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks to everyone who had a part in getting this locker to use. I run 27" mayhems with no power steering without any problems. This things was a beast before and now it's unstoppable.

20180709 082759

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!